Two separate souls

Our Bittersweet Marriage

Joongki turns his gaze away as you cover your neck with the mafela. He feels hurt to see it, he can't stand himself from falling for you since the first time he met you for a mission which is to take care of you. He's close to you but, he didn't know you're married.

"I-I"

"We better go now or they will get mad" He fakes a smile, pretending as if he didn't saw it. 

You walk beside him, eyes to the floor.At least your swollen eyes are not yet reveal. He brings you to the beach, lots of your employees are having fun playing with water. You wave your hand at them, they politely bow to you.

"Have fun everyone! "

"Welcome Director Nam!" They greet you, you feel happy to see them enjoying their vacation together. 

Joongki grabs your arm. "Come, let me send you to your room. You need some rest after hours of driving"

It is awkward, your mind is elsewhere while Joongki keeps stealing look at you. He hands you the excess card for your room.

"Mine is in front of yours, call me if you need anything.Lunch at 1 p.m. Come down to the dining hall." 

You nod and he left.

 

Changmin is on his day off and so are the guys. 5 of them are in the living room watching tv, Mason is playing with his blocks at the corner alone. Yunho keeps changing the channel.

"Yunho-ah, let's watch Running man huh?" suggests Jaejoong getting impatient.

Junsu is sleeping beside Yoochun who's lying on the white fluffy polar bear carpet on the floor. Yoochun is checking his messanger. Junsu turns to Yoochun's side, wrapping his arms around him. Yoochun didn't move much, afraid he might wake Junsu up.

Yunho listens to Jaejoong turning on SBS channel. Changmin is on the phone talking to Anna, the members didn't know but it's obvious that he's unhappy.

"Why are you calling me?" asks Changmin coldly.

"I'm sorry" 

"What for?" Changmin has no idea about what she's talking about and it's making him bored. "Let's just talking later, I'm busy"

"Wait! Did-Did something happen last night?" She's biting her nails, nervous. 

"Nothing, why do you ask?"

"See you tomorrow"

He hung up."Weird"

 

You just stare at a bowl of rice in front of you. Joongki is sitting across you, the others are busy chatting while eating at their seats but the both of you not. Joongki fakes a cough to get your attention.

"The rice is getting cold, start eating" 

You nod, slowly holding your chopsticks.Your eyes are fine so you don't have your shades on, the marks on your neck are gone too. You hardly swallow the rice without any side dishes.

"Eat this" He put some stir fry meat in your bowl. "It should give you some energy"

"Thank you"

"Something is bothering you, spit it out.I'm distracted" He cross his arms, leaning backwards.

You shake your head. "Sorry but, it's really nothing"

"Did he hurts you?" Joongki can't help from getting curious of how can you get such hickeys on your neck. It's more to bruise and it looks painful. "Answer me"

"N-No"

"You're hesistating, guess he did"

You eagerly shake your head,afraid if he gets to know something. "He has always been nice to me"

"Then....what happen to your neck?"

You stand up from your seat. "I told you it was nothing sorry, I don't feel like eating"

"My job is to protect you and it's my responsibility to make sure that you're fine."

You grab your bagpack, walking as fast as you can to avoid him.Looking behind, he's not following you. You stop catching your breath, you don't know where to go. You stop sitting on a bench. You heard footsteps behind you,it's him.

"Comeback in, I'm sorry okay?"

You shake your head, taking a deep breath. "It's ok, no hard feelings. 

He looks into your eyes, your hair.You turn away,feeling uncomfortable. Joongki moves closer to you,pulling you into a hug.You're as stiff as a statue.You feel awkward.

"Just, don't let anyone hurt you.I don't want to see you get hurt" he whispers to your ear.

From far, pictures of both of you hugging were taken.

 

Reporters fills the hotel hall.They're here to know about the project of the two biggest Fashion Label in Korea.BeLLe and Fashionable Style. You hate showing yourself to public.You have only been in papers once, on your first fashion show.Fashionable style never reveal their heiress until that day. Since, you and Chaerin were small the reporters have always been curious about the rich twins but your parents kept the both of you out from the media.They  want you to live like the other kids and they did a great job on that.

On the other hand, Joongki has always been in papers. He lives well as a top-class. The media often pay attention on his school activities,his girlfriends and his troubles. He seems mysterious, he might look cheerful act politely but inside he's hiding something.He even has quite number of fans.

"Calm down, act cool.Pay attention to their questions.Then, they'll like you" he winks, placing a kiss on top of your hand.

You nod,wlking up to the stage with him. Questions are easy to answer, he'll answer when you hesistate to. 

"Are the both of you dating?" asks an editor from 'W' magazine.The others stops typing waiting for an answer too.

Joongki giggles, covering his mouth."What makes you ask that?"

"It's on the internet,here take a look" she turns her tablet. Your eyes widen in surprise.

THE BIRTH OF AN ELITE COUPLE

Picture of him kissing your cheek after the first collaboration fashion show ends. Picture of him smiling, looking into your eyes when you were sketching a dress for the drama. You and him walking to a coffee shop holding hands, with you smiling.The latest, the picture of the hug he gave you yesterday.

The most important thing, all of it is real. All of it are candids. How can you deny it? It really looks like the both of you are dating. You look at Joongki.

"Well, it is as what you can see" he calmly answer.People starts whispering to each other. You're not stupid, you know what he means.He's saying yes to the article.

"What are you trying to do?" 

"Just,let it be.Soon, this will end.We're not actors or singers.We're just rich kids they're interested in.They will get bored" he grabs your hand, standing up." That's it, please make it somethig worth to read.Again thank you"

You push him aside when you're sure no one is looking. You take off the accessories you're wearing with the help of Secretary Lee.Joongki sighs,knowing you're unhappy with his statement.

"You're sure this news will end?" 

"Why? You're afraid if your boyfriend going to get mad about this?" he smirks.Seeing you're quiet, he shows you his sly grin."Looking at what he did to you, he doesn't fit you.How's your bruises? The one around your wrist. Your swollen eyes? Don't tell me a ghost did that to you"

"I don't need to explain anything to you." You're getting mad at him."You don't have to care about me anymore. I'm fine on my own.You don't have to play my knight"

"These are your problems sweetheart.You're too nice to a casanova like him. If he loves you, he won't hurt you"

"Please just don't interrupt my personal life.You're just my-"

"Bussiness partner.Someone who help you to make money" he cuts your words."Isn't?"

"You're my friend"

He holds your shoulders tightly. "I'm tired of the word 'friend'" He grasp your arm, pulling you with him. You just follow him with weak steps, you're getting dizzy.He brings you to the dining hall, with the reporters  there, having their brunches.Eyes are on both of you.

"I'll help you, as a friend" He claps his hands twice. He sighs, massaging his temple."This lady right here is not dating me but, she's having a serious relationship with a Hallyu star named-"

You wrap your arms around his neck, placing your lips on his with your eyes close.He responds to the kiss,kissing you deeper,hugging your waist.Pulling you closer. A tear escape from your eye. The kiss might look gentle and loving but it feels like razor to you. This is for Changmin.This secret marriage,this secret relationship have to be hidden.No matter what it takes.