Sparks

Our Bittersweet Marriage

You're helping Mason with his homework as it's Sunday,school holiday. Changmin is eating his breakfast alone at the dining,Yoochun is struggling to wash Mason's shoes that are covered with mud.

Changmin is getting bored as no one is here to accompany him.He puts his chopsticks down,wiping his mouth with a napkin,walking to the living room.He moves closer to you who's sitting down on the fluffy polar carpet teaching Mason how to write sentences.

"What are you doing?" asks Changmin, he's in sweatpants and v-neck black shirt.He looks attractive in some ways with his hair wet.You turn your look from him."Darling~ I'm bored...Save me!" He keeps on rolling on the floor whining."I'm completely bored"

"Omma, Mason want to see Appa and ask him to play game with me.See Omma later" Mason keeps his things in his Pororo bagpack,giving you a kiss on your cheek."Uncle Changmin, you might throw up if you roll on the floor after eating"

Changmin stops what he's doing."Yes,little guy"

You turn on the tv,ignoring him.Has he forgotton about the big argument you had with him.Why is he acting so normal? He's still there beside you sitting on the floor.He comes closer,leaning his head on your shoulder.You let him be,keeps on changing the channel.Can't he get it? You're still mad at him.

"We....let's forgive each other and forget about all these bad things that happened.I can't keep on living with you being like this.This is...not it" he snorts,his nose might be blocked again.You gently push his head from your shoulder.He's sitting upright now.

"Are they going to be ok?" asks Junsu curiously."Ssshhh.. they might hear us.If you want to see,be quiet.We're eavesdropping right now" Yunho is getting frustrated,why is this guy so clueless? Jaejoong keeps pushing Yunho aside."Yunho-ah, I can't see well"

"How can you said that? I mean, you really hurt my feelings.Can't you remember what you said to me? I feel humiliated.How can you expect me to forgive you in an instance" You sigh,and a tear escape from your eye.You quickly wipe it away."It's always your way,never mine"

Changmin feels bad to see you this way."I really am sorry and you should be sorry too,for what you did.I'm trying to be good for both of us and why are you so sensitive?"

"So, you're complaining on me being sensitive? Then,what about you? You know nothing, you always look at me like I can't do wrong at all. I'm a human too Changmin.I can do wrong and so do you" Your voice is shaking as you're holding back your tears.Changmin is at lost for words, he reaches his arms out to hug you but you got up on your feet, walking away from him."I don't feel like discussing this any further.I want to be alone.Don't come in"

"If you want to be alone then, be all alone.I won't bother you anymore"

"What are you trying to say?"

"We...let's"

"No,no,no don't" Junsu insists."Don't be a fool Changmin"

You close your ears with your palms."I can't hear a thing,I can't hear a thing" Your legs feel wobbly as you keep shaking your head." No,no.I don't wanna hear anything" You feel a pair of arms hugging you from the back.Changmin slowly leans his head on your back.

"You're scared? I thought you hate me then,why hold me back when you don't want me"

"When did I say that? I'm just pissed off. It's not that I hate you.I just want you to feel bad for what you had done but you...you don't understand" You wipe away the tears that keeps falling.

"Ooohhh...don't cry.Look at me,hug me" You follow as what he says. You sob on his chest, he your hair gently."Yes, I can't understand.I'm a guy, I don't go all emotional but,I love you darling.Don't ever turn away from me again"

"You're threatening me? Don't do that again! and I want you to change.Think before you say anything, don't talk with your feelings.Be rational"

"I will do as you say.Forgive me, my wife" He keeps patting your back,closing his eyes as he hugs you.You nod."Forgive me too.Let's not talk about this anymore"

"What a happy drama" Jaejoong smiles.Yunho smirks "It should end with a kiss"

You release the hug, Changmin is coughing really bad."Have you taken your meds?" He nods forcing himself to smile despite the pain he feels in his throat."You don't look well at all.We need to see the doctor"

"I think if I stay close to you this whole day,I'll be fine"

"Cheesy of you" You lightly push his arm.He laughs,pretending to be fine.

 

You go out to work, you feel drowsy and keeps throwing up at the toilet. Miss Lee is worried about you, she has been your secretary for almost 2 years now, you are like a younger sister for her. Tomorrow is the last preparation for the evening dress collections, a special project for you and Joongki.He didn't come to the department today, bet he takes it seriously.Instead he sends his secretary to review the papers.Suddenly, you feel lonely.You miss him.

You're not really focusing on the presentation for the preparation, you keep looking out the window,spacing out.You don't realised that you're quietly waiting for him.You twist and turn the pen on your hand, Miss Lee pats your shoulder giving you a look.

"Focus Director Nam, you have to pay attention"

"I'm sorry" you stop what you're doing and look at the person in front of you.To your surprise, it's the baby-faced guy.He looks much more serious and mature.His charisma is overflowing today."Director Nam, can you do double-check on the details.I know you can do a great job"

"I will" you reply with a smile.After a few minutes of tiring out of concentration meeting, you get to have lunch at 2 p.m. You quickly walk to the buffet table and put variety of foods on your plate.Miss Lee fails to follow your pace and come over 2 minutes later after putting your files on the table.

You're practically stuffing yourself alone while Miss Lee is busy looking for something that won't spoil her diet. Your eyes fall to Joongki who's at the corner,drinking a glass of juice.He might not has an appetite worrying about the fashion show.His father will be there and so do your parents.

"Eat slowly" says Miss Lee,handing you a glass of water."Don't choke yourself" You giggle,taking a bite of the onion bread."I feel extremely hungry these days" you complain.

"You do look like you have put on some weight.How can you fit in the dress Joongki made for you.It will be over to your house by now.I heard him talking to his y secretary this morning.Don't you think he's a bit off today?"

You nod,feeling guilty."Think so too" You keep stealing a look at him, yes,he's quiet today.No teases,no smiles. "I don't know.Let's just eat,hmm?"

You feel a sudden pain on your stomach.You run to the toilet and throw up. Your secretary rush in to see you looking pale.She pats your back.

"_________-ah, don't you want to go to the clinic?You might be having food poisoning"

You turn on the water tap to wash your mouth.All the food that you eat are gone, you feel hungry. "I'm fine Miss Lee, it's just stress"

"These has been continuos for 3 days.Just take a leave and have some rest"

You smile bitterly.

 

Changmin gets a message from his mother-in-law saying that they will be arriving at the airport by 2. Here Changmin is waiting in disguise. His eyes keeps looking around for any sign of your parents.He glances at his Rolex watch a give from you for his birthday."Where are they?" he mutters.

"Dear...thank you for coming" greet Mrs.Nam pulling Changmin into a slight hug."I have been wanting to see you ah muh nim" Changmin politely bow at your father." She miss her father a lot these days"

Mr.Nam, looks away walking in the white Auldey.Changmin helps to put the luggages in the boot and carefully drive back to the mansion.

"How's everything doing? I saw the news, my daughter seems to be making a huge problem?" asks Mr.Nam in his baritone voice."It's just a rumour as she has been seeing that guy as her bussiness partner."

"What about the picture on the front page?"

"Just a friendly one ah buh ji.Trust me, we're doing fine.You don't need to worry" Changmin tries his best to convince your parents."I bet she's too nice around people." Changmin can't help but to agree.

"Son, you don't really think ______ will have an affair don't you?" asks Mrs.Nam curiously."I trust her with all my life" answers Changmin with a warm smile on his face.

 

You walk in the mansion, just the living room lights are open.They must have sleep by now, it's already late.You open the fridge and drink some cold milk right for its container.You take a bite of chocolate cake on the table and go straight up to your room.

"look at the time, you must have been really busy" says your husband,placing a kiss on top of your head."I'm tired~" you whine, putting your handbag on the study."I'll go take a shower,I smell like dead fish"

Changmin laughs, handing you your towel."Make sure you smell nice darling" 

"Just go to sleep honey. Did my parents arrived this morning?"

"Yes and a dress come for you.It's in the changing room.Go and take a look.It will look gorgeous on you" he picks up his book on top of the bed, flipping the pages.You close the door behind you."Later..."

You put on some perfume as you have been really sensitive towards smells these days. You climb on the bed,turning on Changmin's side."Honey, tomorrow I won't be home.It's the day before the big event so, I need to sleep over at the office.Is it ok?"

He your hair."Yes darling but dream of me and call me" You peck his lips."Yes,sir!" Changmin gets on his feet, turning the lamps off.

"Darling~" Your husband climb on the bed, laying down beside you. He hugs your waist."You smell good.New perfume?"

You nod, putting your magazine aside. "Yup.I get nauseous when I use the old one."

"This smells better.I like it" He leans his head on your stomach."Darling when did you start getting some fat here?"

"What?" You cover your mouth with your palm as you run in the toilet, throwing up. 

Changmin panickly goes to see you. "You're okay?" He gently rubs your back.

"I don't feel good" You're drenched in sweat and trembling from the effort of remaining upright.You're about to fall,Changmin quickly caught your underarm and carry you to the bed.He pulls the cover up to your chest.

"Want some water?"

You nod.

"I'll take you to the clinic tomorrow"

"No,no I'm fine."

"Don't be stubborn darling.You can't let the guys,grandma and Mason see you this way"Changmin sings a song for you and hug you to sleep and he will always kiss your forhead before you drift to the dreamland.In his heart,Changmin is praying for a good news from the doctor tomorrow.

 

After breakfast and talking with your parents.Changmin told them that he's taking you to the hospital for check-ups.He didn't mention the vomitting,he just said that you're not feeling well.He knows that if your mother find out you have been nauseous all these days,she might hope for something big.Changmin didn't want to dissapoint her or making her has high hopes so, he tends to keep things silently.You seem to have no other thoughts except that you're having food poisoning.

Changmin is in disguise.Your marriage are still secret. No one knows except for the people who were there at the wedding a year ago.Your employees don't even know you're married.

Changmin accompany you for the check-ups.To protect this secret marriage,Changmin made a reservation beforehand and made a deal with the doctor to hide his identity.You're exhausted after you don't know how many times you run to the toilet.You're leaning on Changmin feeling weak.

Both of you are nervously waiting to hear the result.

"How is she?" asks Changmin, worried.

You can feel he's squeezing your hand.

The old doctor smiles showing his straight white teeth."Congratulations Mr.Shim, your wife is 2months pregnant"

Changmin can't hold his joy.He hugs you tightly, kissing your forehead."Thanks darling! Thank you!I love you"

You smile in disbelieve. "We have to tell our parents"

"and the guys"

*

sorry for the long wait everyone and I'll try my best to keep updating during my 1 month holiday.

Do leave comments and subs,please don't be silent readers ne? 

sincerely,cassielf29