Chapter 30

Waiting For You..

*May contains uneasy words for you to read.*

"Come on, ChanYeol. It's just a girl. All girls are the same." BaekHyun muttered.

No. Not every girl is the same. 

You are so different. You're the most natural girl he had ever meet in his life. All of the girl he met was a bunch of teen that wore makeup as thick as an Oxford Dictionary. Fake. Pure fake! While you are just there, being yourself. Not caring about what people think about you. You are so... you. 

If that time you are the one that suffer, it's his turn now. 

Lying on the bed like a homeless uncle on the road with no life's point. Shirtless. Wearing boxer only. And this time he didn't wear his Rilakkuma boxer! That boxer is only reserved when he's in his happy mood! He wore a grey boxer this time, representing the cloudy weather in his mind.

ChanYeol ignored BaekHyun who was keep trying to sooth him down. 

ChanYeol tried to not cry after he failed at his first kiss. But if he doesn't let out his heart, his heart was going to burst. 

He's so not a gentleman.

Of course. He can't win over Dyo. Haha! He? Win over Dyo? 

What the hell is that!

Dyo is way way better than him. It's like he's 0 and Dyo is.. 10 out of 10! Such a big contrast! 

BaekHyun had to find a way to cheer ChanYeol up. Thing was getting serious. ChanYeol had never been this way. ChanYeol has never cried to this level. This is horrible. ChanYeol wasn't himself anymore. Where is the happy vibe he's been affecting people with?? That happy vibe is gone! Now the only vibe he has is a sad vibe. And people don't like that. 

Geez. He needed to be fast. This atmosphere was killing him. The fact was killing ChanYeol.

Think BaekHyun think.

He thought of something that ChanYeol always with. 

Their shoe size. 

"Yah ChanYeol! Look at this!" BaekHyun dragged his left slipper and ChanYeol's left slipper onto ChanYeol's bed. He shook ChanYeol's forearm along with his body violently, waking him up from his daydream.

He never expect things to turn out like this. He clearly thought that you'll say something like 'I really appreciate that, ChanYeol. Cause I like you too.' or even 'I don't like you. I love you!'.

What the heck is that!

Oh my god. He should really stop daydream about you again.

BaekHyun sighed. Nothing is working. 

BaekHyun needs to do something.

--------------------

The day after, you thought everything was okay. So you waited ChanYeol infront of your house like always.

The confession couldn't mean anything, right? You guys can still be friends even though he likes you. But after the confession, you realize he wanted more.

He wanted you as the one he loves.

But being friends doesn't mean he can't love you. He can love you as a friend. Like you did to him. By the way, it's his fault. He's your bestfriend. Bestfriend can't fall in love with each other. Didn't he knows? Everyone knows that. Duh.

You waited. From 6.30 am to 6.45 am... From 6.45 am to 7.00 am.. 

Geez Park ChanYeol. School starts at 7.30 am. When are you going to come? 

The longer you waited, percentage of him won't appear increased. Guess you have to walk by yourself today.

--------------------

You were at your locker, managing with the contents of your backpack with your head ducked down into it before class starts.

You placed in some books into your backpack and after that you pulled out a jacket from your locker and put it on as winter had come. The weather is freezing. 

Still hasn't done with your work, someone came beside you and stomped the metal. You startled and slightly hopped a little. You turned to the man who came.

"BaekHyun! You scared me!" Your hands placed infront of your heart. "I almost had a heart attack!" You joked with a playful expression. But BaekHyun wasn't paying attention.

"We need to talk." He said.

What? 

"What? We don't have anything to talk about. And by the way, where's ChanYeol? He didn't pick me up this morning." You asked,  knowing how ChanYeol sticks around BaekHyun if you weren't by his side.

"We are talking about ChanYeol." BaekHyun exclaimed and he never sounds so serious. BaekHyun that you know is a silly guy which you don't know how he can capture every girl's heart. And you admit, you were one of them. BaekHyun is cute. But maybe.. Dyo is cuter. Hehe.

"Yeah. Talking about ChanYeol, does he really likes me??" You inquired again, your volume went unknowingly high as you're too curious. BaekHyun placed his index infront of your lips.

"We can't talk about that here. Let's go." He grabbed your wrist and dragged you to where only God knows.

You guys arrrived at the school garden which most people won't pass by early in the morning like now. Class was going to start any minutes from now... Like 15 minutes? Yes. 15 it is. You needed to get going. You didn't want to miss your favourite subject.

"See. It's about ChanYeol." He started.

"It is already about ChanYeol." You raised an eyebrow with an annoyed expression.

"I know he confessed to you last night-" 

"So you did know about his crush on me? Why didn't you tell me?" You said. 

"Of course I know. Dude I'm his bestfriend since we were 4! He trusts me! And I can't waste the hope he's giving me. He told me not to tell anyone or let anyone knows about his crush on you. I can't let him down. And for your information, he's perfectly deeply inlove with you." He pointed sharply to your heart. 

"I'm his bestfriend too. He can just tell me. Bestfriend is for sharing feelings, right? If he told me in the first place, things won't turn out this way." You explained.

"Yes. Bestfriend is for sharing feelings. But now. That feelings is for you. He can't just tell you in his room like 'Hey. I like you. Can I kiss you?' and then you'll be like 'What?! You like me?' And things will turn out this way. It can't be avoided. Cause he knows, if he tell you about his crush to you, everything will get destroyed." He mumbled, adding action to every of his words.

"Then if he knows things will get bad like this, then why did he even confess?" 

"I don't ing damn know why he did that, but if you can't give him the love he wants, you at least can give him the kiss he wanted."

"Now you're talking about kisses." You said.

"But it's still including ChanYeol." 

" man. The kiss he gave me last night was ing surprising. And for your information, that was my first kiss. And I don't want to lose my first kiss to my bestfriend. It's wrong." 

"Then who are you planning to give it to?" He suddenly asked.

"Ergh.." 

You can't tell him about Dyo, right? He's your secret crush. Only ChanYeol knows about it. 

"Dyo again?" BaekHyun guessed.

What?

"Ergh... No." You tried to sound really convincing but it turned out worse than you thought. 

"You don't need to lie anymore. I know about your crush on Dyo since you moved here."

Did everyone spied you? How did they know every single detail about what happened to you? Damn it. Just don't let the whole school know will be fine. 

"Fine." You gave up. "Yes. I was planning to give my first kiss to Dyo."

"Oh my god. Don't you get it?? Dyo has Irene already.. You should stop. Stop loving Dyo. Stop hurting yourself. If this continues, other that who cares lots about you will get injured too. Like ChanYeol. Instead of loving Dyo, how about you love ChanYeol?? He sincerely loves you. Forget about bestfriend. When you're dating, it doesn't mean you can't talk like bestfriend. You had turn him into monster. Please. He wasn't himself anymore. He's dead."

What?!

"He's dead?!" You shocked.

So that's why he wasn't there this morning. 

Oh my god. What had you done?

"No. I mean. His happy soul is dead. The old him is dead. Ugh." BaekHyun rolled his eyes.

Phew! What a relieve! You weren't ready to lose someone important yet in your life.You're just freaking 17!

"You scared me, BaekHyun." You told him.

"You're the one who is slow. He can't die because of the rejection he got from you." 

Whatever.

"So back to what I say just now. He wasn't himself anymore. So instead of you wasting your time go chasing that stupid Dyo, how about you appreciate the one that are always beside you and loves you sincerely with all of his heart?" BaekHyun didn't stop his nag. You looked onto the sky.

Geez BaekHyun. ChanYeol is your bestfriend. That's the fate. It can't be change. You and ChanYeol are just friends. How many times do you have to tell everybody? 

"Okay. Look, Byun BaekHyun. I don't know why but. Why did ChanYeol even loves me? I mean I'm just a normal girl. An average one. I didn't stand out infront of the crowd. Can't he just go pick a random girl in the school to date? Those girls are whole lot hotter than me. They look cool. While I just... plain boring. Nothing more. And I'm his bestfriend. Go told him that fact if he still didn't get it. I don't like him. I don't love him. I adore him as a brother or as a companion by my side. We can't date. That's a bull. ChanYeol and me will look ing horrible when we're together. I repeat. He is my bestfriend and we look awfully horrible when we're together. I hope that you can help me send this message to him to let him know that he is just my friend in my life. Nothing more." You replied seriously long and you received a gave up sigh from poor BaekHyun. 

He shook his head.

"You're helpless.. You're blind.." He said dramatically. He let out another long sigh that irritate you too much.

"It's my life. I'm the who make the decisions I want." You answered, crossing your arms under your bust.

"Yeah. And those decisions will ruin your life at last. Come on, ChanYeol. She doesn't deserves you." BaekHyun walked away, pulling the hiding-behind-a-tree ChanYeol's hand with him.

What? ChanYeol was there all along? Your words... You didn't mean it. Except for the friend's part. Your words must have hurt him so much. 

I'm so sorry, ChanYeol.

"BaekHyun.." ChanYeol called him out, he sounded so terrible. You could saw the dark patch under his eyes. Red puffy eyes. His nose went red and runny. While his hair was messy. 

Oh ChanYeol. 

BaekHyun ignored ChanYeol's voice and continued to pull him towards class. 

How would class go if you're sitting next to ChanYeol after those hellish words you said about him?? How could you endure the silent ChanYeol? How could he endure all those pains? 

He took a glimpse at you with a ugly yet handsome face while pressing his lips firmly against each other and whispered a simple "It's okay.." to you.

How could it be okay? After you rejected him heartlessly, he told yoy that all of this thing is okay for him?? He still doesn't want to hurt you, sacrificing himself in the end?

He turned back to follow BaekHyun to class.

Park ChanYeol-ah..

You can't hold yourself from tears for feeling a sudden guilt that rush into your body.

What had you done??

--------------------

You stepped into class hoping that ChanYeol would look fine like usual. You looked at your table that you shared with ChanYeol.

Wait. Where is he??

ChanYeol wasn't at his seat. Where is he?? 

Your eyes wandered in the class, trying to find an outrgeously tall boy on the seat. Just by looking at a head that pop out the most could help you. 

Jackson.. JongIn.. Xiumin.. YoungJi..

Where are you, ChanYeol??

Oh. There you are. 

Sitting beside Sehun. 

If he's siting beside Sehun, then you're sitting beside.. HaYoung. A popular and nice girl that sit beside Sehun.

Was ChanYeol avoiding you?? No. Don't.

Aishh.. You don't want to be apart with him. How about lunch?? You wanted to eat with him. It's your daily routine. You wanted to walk back home with him. Who will accompany you go back home?? You'll be alone. 

If it's okay, then why was him avoiding you?

You're so selfish that you only think about yourself. 

He needed time too. He needed space. He can't always be by your side. He got his own problems too. You can't always dragging yourself to him. 

And you rejected him. You can't simply go like 'Hey ChanYeol! Let's have fun today!'. That'll be like you don't realize what major mistake you had done. To him. 

You gave up. You just realize that you're such  bad peraon that fail in everything about life. Love.. Self-esteem.. Family.. And friendship.

Go die. You better go die than making people suffer as your job. 

You unexpectedly stood for such a long time infront of the class that SeulGi came infront to pull you to your seat. 

SeulGi dragged you hardly, as your leg seem to not working while your eyes were fixed on ChanYeol's back. She placed you on your seat beside HaYoung and they started their investigation.

"Did something happened??" 

This question again! 

You're tired of this question!

Should you tell them? They didn't know about his crush on you. Maybe.

"Did you guys had a fight?" Irene stormed. 

Yes. A big fight or you could say that it's a war.

"I hope it isn't. ChanYeol looks awful." HaYoung sounded. 

Even HaYoung is worried about ChanYeol. Unlike you. A horrible bestfriend.

Yes. ChanYeol really looked awful. Awful like garbage. And he smelled like one too. 

"ChanYeol didn't say anything to us. So we hope you could tell us what happened." SeulGi asked softly. It wasn't the time for have fun or joking around. 

"Nothing.. It's just between ChanYeol and me. I guess you guys shouldn't know." You don't want them to know about ChanYeol's feelings towards you. You wanted to keep as a secret. But there's something that has been lingering on your mind.

"Can I join you guys for lunch?" 

"Sure."

So selfish.

------------------

A day without talking to ChanYeol was really really awkward. Bumped into him on the corridor, he would looked down to the cemented floor. While you put on a sorry face. He didn't look at you at all during classes, suddenly turned into a 'nerd' beside the noisy Sehun and Sehun followed his change. BaekHyun sending you deadly glares that scared you to hell. SeulGi and Irene and HaYoung kept themsleves quiet to prevent more upcoming conflict. Way back home was boring as ChanYeol was the first to exit the class and ran back home quickly that you didn't managed to chase him cause his legs are extremely long.

A knock suddenly sounded on your room's door.

It's ChoEun.

"Hey, my absolutely horrible sis." She greeted the hard-working you in a very rude manner.

"What do you want??" You didn't want to drag this to anymore stuff that might hurt ChanYeol and you know that she wanted to talk about ChanYeol.

She sat on your bed and grabbed Korilakkuma.

"Oh look at this! Doesn't Korilakkuma reminds you of ChanYeol and how you destroyed him??" She said on purpose to make ypu realize what a terrible person you are.

You put down your pen harshly. You don't want to deal with her stupid stuff after you had enough with ChanYeol for the whole day.

"If you want to talk about ChanYeol, I advise you to get the hell out of here." You tried to sound as kind as possible but your mood is ruining it.

"Oh what? You're afraid that guilt might take over your whole mind, reminding you how you rejected ChanYeol without even considering about your bestfriend's feelings?" She sounded like she was challenging you and you didn't like challenge.

"ChoEun. Go and play with ChoHyun." You commanded.

"I'm not someone like you who play with people's feelings." 

She really wanted to die, right?? 

"That's it. Park ChoEun, you're getting out of my room." You stood up, ready to kick her out of your room.

"What? You don't want to listen to what I say about ChanYeol? You felt a little guilty about what you had done to him?? Rejecting him like that?" She snickered. "If you really are his bestfriend, go say sorry."

Say sorry?

up, ChoEun.

"No. No. And no. Now you get out from my room." You jumped onto your bed and kicked her body off from your comfy bed. She hardened her body, unwilling to move so she could harass you more about how awful you did to ChanYeol last night.

"Go say sorry to him. And I'll out of here." She insisted.

"Which side are you? I'm your sister! You should be on my side! What I did is nothing wrong!" You shouted, leaving her in a shocked state.

"Yes. You're my precious sister. But what you did is not right. You broke his heart. You shouldn't do that. He loves you." She explained, telling you that you were wrong. Definitely wrong.

"Shut up, Park ChoEun. He's just my bestfriend. And bestfriend can't love each other!"

" that bestfriend! Who cares? If he really is your bestfriend, you should love him too! But now you are keep trying to deny the fact that you love him because you already tell him that you love Dyo! Stop being a hyprocite!" 

That hyprocite word hit you like a stone falling from a cliff onto your head.

No. You're not that kind of person.

"You told me that ChanYeol is most perfect guy you're ever meet in your life! But you keep denying the fact you love him because you're afraid that people call you an 'unfaithful' person!" She curled her index and middle finger when she said 'unfaithful'.

Damn how did she read your mind?

No. What she just said is not true. You like Dyo. Not ChanYeol. ChanYeol means nothing other than bestfriend.

"No. I'm not. You don't know anything, ChoEun."

Yes. She knew everything.

"He's not the most perfect guy I've ever met in my life. He's weird."

"He just got one disadvantage. Can't you just accept him just the way he is? He accepted you no matter how horrible you are. You cried about Dyo infront of him. Do you know how much he's hurt for that?? He takes care of you.. Why don't you see it? He's the one that has been loving you. Stop. Stop being so stupid. You don't know how much he's been receiving the pain yet he hides it from you cause he loves you. He doesn't want you to worry about him. But you kept suffering him with Dyo until he can't keep it anymore. And once he let it out, he got this as return. Now, he's broken." ChoEun said. That's the most meaningful things she had ever told you.

She was right.

You can't deny it anymore. She was perfectly right.

You're a jerk. A complete one. A y jerk. A hyprocrite jerk. A stupid jerk. An jerk. 

You insulted yourself too much that you cried for being so dumb.

"Bestfriend can love each other if they're meant to be together. And you're destined to be with ChanYeol." She added. 

Yes. Fine. You gave up. Stop being stupid.

What had you done to him?

You're so sorry for him. 

ChoEun's phone rang. 

She checked it for a while and she sighed.

"Great. Now I just received a text from BaekHyun saying that ChanYeol didn't care about you anymore. He just insulted you as a .You're doomed." She said heartlessly, standing up and exitted your room.

What?

No. You just started to love him! 

--------------------

"YOU FREAKING !!!" 

"That's right, Park ChanYeol! Scream your heart out!" BaekHyun supported.

BaekHyun busied himself with texting ChoEun while ChanYeol was screaming insulting names for you to let his stress out. 

" YOU! GO TO HELL!" 

ChanYeol was really bad at insulting people. His sentence is too simple.

"No, ChanYeol. It should be like this. GO YOUR OWN !" BaekHyun demonstrated. The two of them giggled. 

This thing was helping ChanYeol really good. So ChanYeol is the kind of people who scream to let out his frustration. Now he's laughing! After 13 years of becoming bestfriend with Park ChanYeol, BaekHyun just knew that now. Wow.

"Oh My God. Thanks BaekHyun. I feel so much better right now." ChanYeol dropped himself onto the bed as he was jumping in the bed just now and his head hit the ceiling once he hopped a little. He placed his hands on his chest as his chest rising quickly cause he's out of breath because of the screaming just now.

"You're welcome." BaekHyun answered simply. 

"Geez. I still can't forget about her." ChanYeol stated. He turned the other way. He returned to his bad mood. 

"God damn it, ChanYeol! She doesn't even like you! Stop putting on fake hopes!" BaekHyun threw his phone away, ruffling his hair. His nose scrunched. 

"I don't know.. Nothing is working.. I don't know how to move on, man.." He muttered, palms infront of his head. 

"You're helpless as she is. Great. This means you're meant for each other." ChanYeol's eyes brightened.

"Jjinjjak??" That's a good news! If you're really meant for each other, he just have to wait for you to tell that you like him. Haha!

"Nah. I just trying to cheer you up." BaekHyun laughed in the end.

"Ugh. Thanks, BaekHyun. Cause it really works." ChanYeol rolled his eyes.

"Hehe. I know." His eyes narrowed once he giggled, mouth turned into a rectangular shape. 

He caught Spongebob who was sitting beside his study table in his eyes.

"Now Spongebob is torturing me." He said suddenly and BaekHyun got curious.

"Why would he??" He asked.

"Spongebob reminds me of her."The taller one replied, earning a grunt from BaekHyun. ChanYeol stood up to take Spongebob into his arm and stared Spongbob into his wide eyes.

"Give me that thing." BaekHyun gestured over Spongebob. ChanYeol pulled away. "No." 

"If you're not giving, you'll destroy yourself." He warned. 

"I don't care if I'm destroyed. As long as I love her."

That is the cheesiest thing he had ever heard from ChanYeol's mouth.

"Fine. But don't look for me after that. I'm tired of you." BaekHyun said. 

"I thought we are bestfriend." ChanYeol pouted.

BaekHyun rolled his eyes. 

Dumb.

Annoying.

Helpless.

Stupid.

Innocent.

Not making any sense.

Love is blind.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I'm sorry if the ending of this chapter is quite unsatisfying! I was planning to make it longer but then I have nothing to write in the next chapter! Keep reading as things will get unexpected! Love you guys and ChanYeol too!! 

*Our cutie named ChanYeol!!*

 

*Ergh... Perfectionnn...*

*ChanSoo... Damn cute! They're so adorable!!"