Chapter 29

Waiting For You..

After that night, ChanYeol had make up his mind.

Confession will be the day after.

Whole night thinking how will the confession turn out. 

Will you accept him or even reject him heartlessly?? 

Cause look at the situation now, you clearly still like Dyo. But if this whole thing still continues, you might end up dead and he's the one that will be missing you. He got no choice to fast thing up. 

Journey to school that morning was quiet. None of you talked. Maybe because you still thinking about the kiss. Trying to accept the reality that Dyo actually doesn't like you at all. Not even a bit. You're the one that are too obsessed with him. While Dyo just.. plainly your classmates. Not even project partner as he finished it and gave it to the teacher already. Yes. Maybe just simple classmates.

ChanYeol didn't spoke a word too. Thinking about the script he made last night for the confession. Did he write it too cheesy or too simple? Too cheesy is not good cause maybe you'll puke right in his beautiful face. Too simple is not good too as it might there's no sincere point in it. Ergh.. Geez. Why can't he just confess spontaneously like he did to YeEun before? Simple. Right from the heart. And YeEun did accept him! But YeEun didn't want him anymore and went to Dyo. Again.

Dyo is his biggest enemy. 

Today was boring. He thought he could confess during lunch. He told you that having lunch at the school's garden can help you calm down. While he can confess to you without anyone looking. That'll be more romantic, right? Confession in the public is romantic too, but that are just not his thing. He like it peace and calm where no one can distract you guys. But you insisted to have lunch in the cafeteria as you told him you're okay with it. ChanYeol got no other option anymore. Next time.

During the class break, ChanYeol asked whether you're staying for hagwon or not. You told him yes. You're staying for hagwon as ypu can't concentrate on study if your siblings keep disturbing. It's like studying in hell. Good opportunity. He'll confess in the library. A quiet place where he can whisper love things to you and that'll be as sweet as cotton candy from the amusement park. 

--------------------

The time has come. The teacher had dismiss your class. You could choose whether you want to go home or stay at school for hagwon. Everybody started to pack their things into their backpack. You were one of them. 

Luck wasn't on ChanYeol's side. Today was the last day to send the project to the teacher. Irene didn't cooperate with him at all. He's the one that has been working on the project most. Irene just helped with some paper and some text. GG. Irene has been busying herself with Dyo since the day they dated. The party night. 

So the trurth is Dyo actually like Irene too since he broke up with YeEun. Just the two of them is too blind to notice. Dyo confessed his feelings when he was walking with Irene that night. And that made Irene's heart jump out from her body. Irene happily accepted Dyo's love. GG.

ChanYeol quickly wrote down the last passage while you patiently waited for him, standing beside his table. 

"Almost done yet, ChanYeol??" You continously tapped your foot against the floor. "Wait. Just some sentence left." He said, copying some letter from a paper that he prepared. He tried to maintain his writting to not look too messy. So his mark won't be deducted. 

He was going to confess but the situation is making it worse. Now he left a bad intention to you after he heard you sigh. You, of course won't date someone who doesn't finish his work right on time. Your ideal type is someone perfect. Geez. 

"Just a little bit more..." ChanYeol fasten his hand, currently trying his best to copy down every alphabet perfectly. "Quick." You added. You looked up at the ceiling, waited patiently for him to finish. 

"Yes!" He threw his hand up in the air and he successed. He finished it! 

"Good. Now let's go." You helped him by putting his pen into his pencil case. He too, currently putting the paper into his bag sloppily. He doesn't care anymore. He had finish the project most by himself. He doesn't need those paper anymore. He can just throw those useless papers anymore. Useless. Knowledge is not impprtant in life! Helpless! Who created exam is really dumb! Exam is the only reason why you even studied! 

After done packing his things, he threw his backpack over his shoulder with the project in his hand. "Now let's hand this to the teacher," He said while looking at you. "And then hagwon, okay??" He nodded.

Everything is in check.

"I don't want to team up with Irene anymore."

------------------

Afte having dinner that school had prepare for the student that stay for hagwon, you guys headed to the library. 

"What do you want to revise tonight??" 

Hagwon will last to 10.00 pm. It kills the students. Korean's education's minister is a demon for torturing their kids until Korean kids is rated as the most unhappiest kids in the world because of education. Stupid education. 

"Maybe.. Hurmm.. " You hummed. You actually haven't think about it yet. Science?? English?? Mathematic?? History?? Korean?? Hanja?? Economy?? Hurmm...

English. Cause that is your favourite subject. 

"English." You answered. You took out some English's exercise book from your bag. He nodded. He pulled out History's textbook. He's bad in History. 

Stepped inside the library, things about to happen.

The confession. 

He thought about it again. His face flushed red. Will the confession turn out great or a whole disaster? The last confession he did was lame. But luckily the girl accpeted him! 

But that girl is different with you. Really really different. That girl was an angel. While you just.. quite angelistic. But more to an average girl that most people didn't realize exist. But he's really grateful to have you in his life although just.. bestfriend.

Bestfriend.

But all of that is going to change! The confession will be the transformation's agent! From bestfriend to lover! Sounds good! He can't get anymore happy. That is the greatest he had ever made in his life. He never knew that he's a genius in love. Thanks god for giving him this superpower. His life will be perfect with it! 

"Let's sit here." You put your hand onto a chair. It was the chair you sat when Suho suddenly approached you that night. You love this seat. Quite far from the door. No, really far. At the corner of the library. It's quite cold here as the air conditioner is just above your head. But you always have your jacket on. It's quite near to many section. So it's easy to move around. 

"Okay." ChanYeol pulled a chair and sat on it along with you. After setting the books you guys brought in, the two of you went straight to work, revising. 

You are really diligent. Not wasting any second. Well. Well said. Time is gold. No! Time is life cause gold can be sold. Duh. That makes sense. You concentrated on the book with your hand on the edge of the paper, ready to flip it once you done read the page. After reading some point, you filpped open the exercise book and answered some questions.

ChanYeol couldn't concentrate like you were. His mind kept shouting to him to confess quickly. Confess confess confess! 

Is the time right? You looked okay now. Not distracted by the kiss. You seem far away from Dyo and Irene. More to books now.

Will you accept him? You didn't look like you like or love him. You made it very very clear. You guys are just bestfriend. Just. Nothing more or less. Not a space in your heart is for him. Most of them are reserved for Dyo.

Do you still like Dyo?? It can be. It can be not. You didn't give him a clear message. You seem like. And not too.

If you didn't like Dyo, then that is good! Geez. He wants you more than a friend. And he will take the relationship seriously. He will hug you when you are sad, kiss you when you nag, take care of you when you're sick. That may sounds cheesy but he's the cheesy type and old-fashioned. GG.

But will the confession end your friendship? The confession has a big risk. If you reject him, it can destroy your friendship. And then you're not even friend. Maybe just turn 'Acquaintance that confessed to her'. And she'll be like 'Boy who confess to me'. Lol.

Oh My God. The whole confession things is stressting him out. He didn't even read the passage he opened a long long while ago. He just hold onto his pen while wrecking his mind about the thing that is going to happen. Sometimes he would just roll his pen between his finger. 

"Are you okay?" You suddenly inquired. He snapped, pen falling from his finger. "Yeah. I'm okay." He replied. 

"Okay." 

Exam is just three weeks ahead. He needs to concentrate. Cause study is more important than love, right? But friend is more important than study. Hurmm..

He needs to make a move.

The time has come.

He called you softly.

"Yes??" You looked at him. 

"I got something to tell you." He said.

"Ermm.. Okay. Just tell me." You answered.

Just tell you? Do you know how much courage he took to tell you that he loves you? Are you crazy?? Just tell you? Gg. 

Okay. He's a man. Things aren't going anywhere if he didn't do this. You'll just cry and cry and cry. And he'll cry and cry and cry becaue of looking at you cry. You affected him in a big way.

"I.. I.." He stammered. Mouth opened and closed like a fish. You raised an eyebrow.

"You??" 

"I.. Ergh. Nothing."

Geez Park ChanYeol! You are so brave!

"Ergh.. Okay.." You turned to your book and continued reading the questions. 

ChanYeol is weird.

Ergh! ChanYeol! You're a man! You have to be brave! Think about her! She'll cry if she didn't stop loving Dyo! You as her bestfriend should come to the front and tell her that you love her! She wanted a person to love in her life! And you're about to be the one! Don't waste your time! Go get her!

Thanks angel for encouraging him.

"I love you." He confessed without his own realization. Where did he got that courage from?? 

You think you heard wrong. 

"Ergh.. Pardon?" You looked into his eyes.

"I love you. Geez I love you." He repeated.

Park ChanYeol loves you? 

"Oh my god ChanYeol. If you love someone, you should just tell her. Not me. You scared me." You replied unamused.

"Well I am telling her right now." He said.

What? 

"Excuse me??" You said. 

"I love you." He kept repeating the sentence.

"Haha! ChanYeol. Stop! That is really funny! Do you wanna pull a prank on me??" You started to giggle. 

What? 

That wasn't the respond he was waiting for. 

"No.  I really love you. I really really do." He tried to convince you.

"Oh my god! ChanYeol stop! You sound so horrible when you said that!" You wiped the tears that came out from your eyes for  laughing too much. 

ChanYeol? Loves you?? Haha! What a joke!

As you were laughing, ChanYeol wrecked his mind to think of a way to convince you. 

Think think think. 

Think..

Think..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yes. He should kiss you. 

He suddenly pulled you into a kiss.

You stopped.

Your eyes widen in awe.

What was he doing? 

That was your first kiss. 

He really meant it? 

He really loves you? 

He.. 

Loves you?? 

No. You don't love him. He's just your friend. Bestfriend. You don't want him more than friends. 

So that's why he never act mean to you. He took care of you. He cares about every single detail about you. 

The kiss was simple. Just lips touching like in the drama. He didn't want to move as he's afraid you might get shocked by his ability. He didn't want to add anything more in it. His hand steadily holding your chin up. 

Oh my god. 

Bestfriend shouldn't love each other.

It's against the life's rule.

He shouldn't loves you. He shouldn't kiss you like this. 

This was wrong. His feelings towards you was wrong. Yet you didn't pulled the kiss away. 

What were you doing? 

The kiss lasted too long that ChanYeol realize you didn't kiss him back. 

Not a single muscle moved. Just you, frozen body with a confused mind.

ChanYeol loves you? 

This should stop.

You pushed him away and looked the other side. 

"I'm sorry if I startled you.." He apologized for his action.

He was sure that you didn't want the kiss. And he got a clear answer now. 

You don't love him or even like him. 

He knew this was wrong. 

Both of you stayed quiet there. None of you spoke. 

"I'm so sorry." You suddenly said. "I don't like you." You plused.

You said like, not love. He was really sure you weren't going to add anything behind. Geez. 

He was so stupid. 

You like him? How did he even come to that conclusion? 

Oh my god. Stupid to hell. 

"I mean. I can't like you. You are my bestfriend." 

You kept reminding that he's just your bestfriend. And that really hurt his heart. 

He didn't say a word. Just there looking at the invinsible spot on the table. Hands sweating because of the nervousness just now. 

He didn't want to cry cause he's a man. A mature one. Not a 5 yeas old boy. No-uh.

"I'm sorry for liking you then."

What? 

Not right. 

You were the one that should be saying sorry for breaking his heart, heartless woman.

The two of you kept quiet. 

Things is going to get worse.

He suddenly tidied up his things. 

"Hey. I think I should get going. I just remembered that it's time to look at Ddori's photo for missing him. I'll get going first." He said.

He reserved a time to look at Ddori's photo?! He knew you won't like him for that fact. 

He walked out the library and left you there alone. 

Library was quiet. There's only four persons. You, ChanYeol, a sunbae and a guy from your age too. The two other guy were really far from you guys that you wished they didn't saw what happened. 

Did ChanYeol just confessed to you and kissed you? 

You stomped your elbow on the table and hit your head on your palm.

Oh my god. What just happened?

ChanYeol quickly threw his books in his bag and wore it on his back, putting on his shoes.

He knew this was a horrible idea. He shouldn't this. 

This was wrong. Totally . as hell. 

man. He was so sorry that he took your first kiss. 

That was his first kiss too. 

And he got rejected.

He's a man. 

He can't cry

that it really hurts.