Chapter 17

Waiting For You..

"Are you still on planning to flirt with her??" BaekHyun unexpectedly asked while he was hanging out at ChanYeol's room.

"Do you know what happened??" ChanYeol raised his head up from his soup and looked at BaekHyun.

"No."

"I burnt that book already." 

"What?? You burnt it?? You know what? I bought that book one year ago and it's ing expensive!!" BaekHyun threw his spoon onto the floor, making a 'clink' sound. 

"That book is useless! It didn't help me at all! It's just dumb steps to seduce a girl and that is.. bleh." He answered. He continued to savour his eomma's soup. Even though it's only a seaweed soup.

" you Park ChanYeol. I swear that I'll kill you one day." BaekHyun stood up from his seat, picking up the dirty spoon and went out of the room to wash it.

While BaekHyun was away, the door of ChanYeol's room was slightly ajar and he can see a familiar shadow coming towards the direction. 

"So?? How was it??" ChanYeol asked you once you got into the room with your school uniform still on. 

But something wasn't right written on your face.

-----------------

There there. Dyo was looking at his phone again. What is so attractive about it man? What? Was he looking at a woman? If that so, you didn't anticipate that. You didn't know that he was the.. ert type.

You tried really hard to not let Dyo cross your mind cause what he's doing is really distracting you. You clutched your pen really tight in your palm, struggle hard to concentrate on the paper instead. Really. You tried really really hard. But

That's it.

"What are you looking at, Dyo??" You averted your attention to Dyo who was smiling sheepishly at his damn phone. He looked at you and stuttered, "Em.. Nothing?"

"Can't you concentrate on our assignment Dyo?? I can see that you're sort of disturbing me." You mumbled with a displeased tone. He slowly put down his phone and placed beside him. "I'll continue do my work." He picked up his pen and grabbed a paper but something stopped him. "Just after I work on something," He took his phone back and unlocked the screen. 

"Damn it Do KyungSoo! Give me that phone!" You snatched it harshly from his hand and set it beside you, away from him. "You're not going to touch this thing until you finish your work." You warned sternly.

Dyo's expressions turned to a scared kid and obeyed your instruction obediently. He continued finishing his work silently.

Great. Now he's perfectly doing his work. It's the chance for you to check his phone like what you, ChanYeol and BaekHyun had planned. 

You pressed onto the side button and the screen lighted. You swiped the screen, unlocking it. Luckily he didn't set any password. 

There you unlocked it. The background was a picture of.. Pororo?? Ugh Never mind. Boys can be really weird sometimes. You tapped the left button, the one on the left side of the main button to check his recent app. Great he didn't remove it. Oh look. It's Kakao talk. You opened the app and chats appeared. 

The first name to appear is..

Irene?

Irene? What? What? What is happening?

You were dumbfounded right there. Your jaw dropped in awe. That wasn't what you were expecting. You thought it would be some nerds that he made friends with. But Irene? No.

You shut off his phone, hand can't move because of shockness that flooded into your body.

Irene?

Dyo?

Irene and Dyo?

Are they dating?

No. They not. If they're dating, Irene should have tell you. You're her friend by any chance.

Too shock to do anything, you packed your stuff with Dyo watching you in curiosity. You placed his phone infront of him and threw your bagpack over your shoulder. However, you didn't forget the main thing you're doing in the library. 

"Dyo. I put you incharge to finish this thing. I don't care when it's done but I'm not going to participate anymore in this assignment-working because of your misbehaviour. " You informed and Dyo replied a simple yet obvious "Okay??", you stepped out of the peaceful place in furiosity.

-----------------

"So?? How was it??" ChanYeol asked you once you got into the room with your school uniform still on. 

But something wasn't right written on your face.

"Did something happened?" He got off from his seat to welcome you to his mansion. You walked like a zombie, lying livelessly onto his bed. 

"Nothing good happened." You answered almost cannot be heard. 

"Well at least took your bag off first," he said. He helped you to remove your bag from your tired shoulder. 

"Did you find anything about Irene and KyungSoo??" He asked again, placing your bag beside his bed.

"Yeah." You replied. 

"And is somethinng wrong with it?"

A yeah can't completely answer the thing that he needed to know so he needed to dug deeper.

"Sort of."

'Can't you answer perfectly so I can understand what happened?" He forced and by the time, BaekHyun appeared back.

"Oh you're here!" He put his spoon into his bowl of seaweed soup and made his way to you as well.

It might seems weird to hang out in your guy friend's room, with two boys in it. But. You know them enough that they won't harm you in any way.

The room is filled with the smell of the seaweed soup, and seaweed soup is delicious although it's cheap.

"Hey... Get me one of that." You pointed to the bowl, pouting to beg for mercy.

ChanYeol looked at BaekHyun and signalled him to get one for you with his head and BaekHyun slightly shrugged.

"Go." He mouthed that without any sound as he didn't want to disturb cause you looked hellish exhausted. BaekHyun crossed his arms under his chest, refusing to went downstairs for another time. 

ChanYeol gave in as his shoulder dropped in an uninteresting way. He stood up and exitted the room. 

BaekHyun quickly replaced ChanYeol beside you and asked annoyingly, "How was our plan?" He smiled.

"I'll tell you when ChanYeol is here." You declared.

"It's all about ChanYeol." He said.

"No it's not."

"Yes. It is." He insisted.

"No it's not."

"Of course it is. Because you're always more concerned about ChanYeol." He muttered. 

You got your back off from the comfy mattress and glared at him. "Did something happened to you, BaekHyun??" You asked, worried.

"No. But I feel that you're more to ChanYeol than me." 

Now Byun BaekHyun is talking really weird stuff.

"What the hell Byun BaekHyun?"

"Do you like him?"

What??!! I? Like him? Bull!

"No. I'm not." 

"Cause I really think you do." He narrowed his beautiful eyes.

"We're bestfriend, BaekHyun. Best friend can't fall in love with each other." You explained.

"So you do like him?" 

"No!! Why would I? He's not even.. whatever!" You flipped the invinsible table infront of you.

"I think you like him by the way you talk." he maintained.

"Look BaekHyun. I don't know what are you talking about. But you've been babbling -"

"You like him."

"No!"

"You like him."

"NO!!"

"You like him." He sang.

"Oh you know that I don't easily fall out in love!" You shouted.

"Really?" He asked.

"Of course! I don't like anyone, okay?" You tried to convince him. And that's a big bull because you like Dyo by the time although he's been always getting on your nerves. 

"Are you sure that you don't like ChanYeol??" He attempted again.

"Geez. What is taking ChanYeol so long??" You pulled you collar to loosen it a bit cause the tempareture suddenly raise so high.

"See. You're expecting him!!" BaekHyun said. 

"Will you just shut up-"

"I'm back!!" The door got kick open, revealing a tall man with a plate in his hand. He got into the room goofily and placed the plate beside his.

"Great. We were just talking about you." BaekHyun said.

Oh nice timing BaekHyun cause you don't want ChanYeol to know that.

"Are you talking behind my back?? I hope it's all good." He expected.

"Of course we are ChanYeol. We were talking about how cool are you." You lied. 

"Really? Thanks if it's true. Cause I know BaekHyun won't talk good things about me!" ChanYeol exclaimed. BaekHyun rolled his eyes.

Good job BaekHyun.

"I got your soup," ChanYeol showed you the plate he brought just now. You walked to the soup and took a sip of it. You love his mom for making good soup for you guys.

"So how was our plan? You promised that you'll say after ChanYeol is here." BaekHyun said, reminding what you told him.

Just what's your deal, BaekHyun?

"Of course. We need to gather our 'clan' first." You faked.

"Will you just start now??" BaekHyun got impatient.

"Fine." You stomped your foot.

You told them what happened with Dyo and you just now, although it's quite hard cause Dyo was acting odd. So it's quite hard to explain it to two dumb guys.

"Hm... So that means he's texting Irene by the time." BaekHyun said.

"But what are they texting about??" ChanYeol added.

"I don't open it. Can't you get it? So I don't know what they talked about! Gafywgfiklbcwif!" You squirmed and that startled ChanYeol and BaekHyun that you squeaked.

"What expressions was he making while he was holding the phone??" BaekHyun asked.

"High in love maybe." You lifted your shoulders up. 

"High in love?? Don't tell me Dyo is highly in love with Irene?!" BaekHyun guessed.

"Let's don't make any conclusions first, BaekHyun. Let's think of any possibilities first." ChanYeol mimicked The Thinking Man.

Yes. ChanYeol is more mature than the worthless BaekHyun.

"Maybe there's someone behind this thing." ChanYeol announced.

Someone behind?? Well it could be.

"It can be, ChanYeol. But is that even possible?? Cause this is not some lovey-dovey drama with a bad character behind all the worst karma. This is reality, not a fiction movie." You uttered. 

"Well.. It can be if it's fate." BaekHyun supported ChanYeol.

"Fine. Whatever you guys think. I'll just go with it." You gave in.

"But I really think that there's something behind this thing cause Irene can't be so close to KyungSoo without any specific reasons, don't you think?? Cause we all know Irene is rock-hearted teen." ChanYeol mouthed.

Everyone wrecked their mind, brainstorming to think of a logic conclusion or possibility about Irene and Dyo.

"I'm done. Why is Irene acting weird along with Dyo too??" BaekHyun stood up, fed up with this case.

"Why did Irene changed??"

 AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hey there!! It's me!! Back with another chapter.. The story is advancing. I don't know whether it's moving slow or fast. But I'm sure it's nearing the part I like. I hope you guys will stick to the story until the end of it. Cause I love those who read this story whether you subscribed it or not. I love you guys!! And I love ChanYeol too!! <3