Chapter 18

Waiting For You..

Irene's mystery is still haven't been solved as there are too many possibilities. Everyday, you and ChanYeol with BaekHyun will find a new conclusion to solve the case but nothing seems to work. Too many likelihood is not good too.

"So! How is our discussion today??" BaekHyun asked, high with spirit today. But not for you and ChanYeol.

"Nothing BaekHyun. This thing is not going anywhere." ChanYeol put out, feeling exhausted with the investigation. 

"Oh Come on! That's not the spirit I want! We still have a long journey to go!" He swung his fist in the air. You turned yourself around while turning off the laptop ontop of ChanYeol's study desk and gave him a look.

"BaekHyun, look. I think we better stop this, cause.. it's not making any sense you know?? Every conclusions that we end up is ridiculous. So the best conclusion of all is it's just our feeling." You walked to ChanYeol who lying comfortably on his bed and sat beside him. BaekHyun pouted.

"But my feeling is telling me that there are really something wrong about Irene and Dyo." He insisted, lightly stomping his foot and you could practically see his tail straight up densely.

"Even though we're doing this for the sake of Irene, and ours too, I think Irene doesn't even care about us." ChanYeol said.

"I don't care if she actually cares about us or not, but we're her friends. Friends don't give a damn about that." BaekHyun lectured.

"BaekHyun. I know that you are really concern about Irene. But at the bad side, she ditched us, unknowingly went to SeulGi's side. If she really is our friend, she wouldn't do that to us. It's like she's playing with our friendship. She doesn't even has consideration about us. Being a true friend, we should do the same to teach her a lesson. Now who's the bad and who's the good one?" You said, feeling the sentence as well. BaekHyun let out a sigh, and said,

"I know how you guys feel about her. She ditched us, ignored us as well. But I too, feel betrayed. You guys only know how to look at the bad side. Instead, look at the bright side, she's our best friend. We don't know how she feels about us. I don't want this small thing to destroy the friendship that I've been building with her for 5 years. Just by searching for more clue maybe can help us figure out why she did this." BaekHyun sent you guys a definite smile as he's sure what he said is right.

"BaekHyun.. I really don't want to mess things up. What we did for Irene after all of the time is enough. It's good enough for her. We don't have to do more for her. We don't have to look for her if she didn't do the same to us. Just let her be. It's her life. Her life is her life. While we care about our life." 

"Her life is my life, cause she's still my friend. I don't know why but aren't we best friends? Best friends have same thought, same life. We go through our life together no matter what are we facing. Why are you giving up so early?? If we still have way, this thing will end soon." BaekHyun exclaimed.

"People change, BaekHyun. They won't stay same for forever. And we'll end up following our own path. You wanna be a singer, ChanYeol wanna be a drummer while I wanna be a surgeon. See, our ambiton is not on the same path. This makes sense, every adult go through that and not a moment after we'll be adult. Let's just stop this, okay??" 

"Fine. If this is what you and ChanYeol want, then I won't stop you guys. And you all can't stop me too." BaekHyun walked out of the room and slammed the door hard. You and ChanYeol looked at each other for awhile, oh what've you guys done.

-----------------

You and ChanYeol had officially closed the case and tried to focus on life better, while BaekHyun still not giving up, trying his best to crack the deal. You guys didn't hang out as usual as always after that. So it's just you and ChanYeol, whether at your room or his room.

He's reading the manhwa, digging his head into the book with his back overly bending. While you are finishing your homework beside him. 

History. History can be boring, but you still are the master of it in your class. So within minutes, you completed the work effortlessly. You closed it, put it aside and picked up another homework.

Oh welcome to hell.

It's Mathematic.

Or Additional Mathematic.

Or add-math after simplified.

Now you have to face with incredibly ridiculous equation that you clearly don't understand! 

You ran the tip of your pen along your hair, pressing out some juice of knowledge for the question. ChanYeol slightly hummed while you slightly groaned.

"Is there something wrong??" ChanYeol noticed yhat you had been making strange sounds. He glanced at the papers while you answered,

"Just some Maths will do those sounds." 

Although you are super cool in English and History, Math sure wasn't your stuff. So you always search for help for the complicated subject.

"Maybe I can help you. I'm quite good at add-math you know?" He sounded. Yeah sounds like a good idea cause you got 96 in the last quiz-

Yes your help was infront you.

"Thanks." You handed him the book and he scanned the page. 

"Which question??" He asked as most of the question had been scribbled with wrong answers from your every attempt. 

You pointed out to the most difficult question of all and you asked him to explain how to solve it. You handed him a pencil.

He took it and without delaying any moment he started to write some formula on the paper and explained how does the formula goes. You nodded endlessly although you don't actually understand what's he talking cause his mouth is moving too fast.

"Understand??" He put the pencil down while you nodded for the last time with a firm smile. "No."

"You said no but your head said yes." He said. "Yeah whatever. At least you helped me solve the question. Thanks."

"Kay." He contiued to read his manga. You observed what he wrote but can't understand because his handwritting is too sloppy and messy at the same time. You wonder how the teacher wreck their mind to understand what he wrote on his exam paper. 

Never mind. 

You had done your homework perfectly, not leaving any questions left. You hummed, thinking what you should do next. But your mind think of something else. 

BaekHyun.

What he said a few days ago was right. But hey! Irene wasn't treating you right. She deserves a little punishment of silent treatment. She should really says sorry cause she'd done a big wrong. Dumping you guys to hang out with some cool kid (like SeulGi) to earn more popularity? Not cool man, not cool. And she didn't tell you guys about what's she doing with Dyo that night and all of the time. She just shut up and stayed in her little cocoon. And that is seriously not cool.

But what BaekHyun said was sort of right too. You can't practically want your friendship to end because of this small thing, right? Although you just became friend with Irene for 7 month, you still care about her. You know that you guys are going to become the best of friend because your appa had confirm that he won't move to any other place again. And this mean you guys are meant for each other. You, ChanYeol, BaekHyun and Irene. Maybe SeulGi if she keeps in contact with you guys.

You did started to get weird feelings after BaekHyun slammed that door. A voice telling you that 'He's right dude. Go chase him.' but your heart telling you 'Think of what she'd done to you.' and unfortunately you followed your heart. But no. Today you are going to deny what you'd said before to BaekHyun and admit wrong.

"ChanYeol.." You stammered. "Don't you think BaekHyun is right?" You looked at him. He slowly lift his head up from the drawen book and watched you. "Well.. I do think that through.. But the both of you have a same amount of logicness. He's right, but you're right too. The both of you have a point." He said. 

"I think I should apologize to him. Don't you think so??" You thought. He sent you this sincere smile.

"Sure. Both of us should. We're friends, aren't we??"

Another words came into your mind.

"We're bestfriend, BaekHyun. Best friend can't fall in love with each other." You explained.

"So you do like him?" 

No. You guys are perfectly bestfriend. Nothing more than that. 

"Yeah. We should." 

------------------

"Look BaekHyun. We're sorry. We didn't mean-" 

"Shut up." 

"Oh come on BaekHyun! We haven't talk to you for days because of our egoness. But hey! We admit that we are wrong. We should continue to solve the case." You said.

"Okay. I forgive you because I still consider you guys as my bestfriend."

"Thanks BaekHyun. Let's continue discussing about Irene." ChanYeol exclaimed happily, relieved to be forgiven.

"By the way. I solved the mystery." 

WHAT?!

Byun BaekHyun is capable after all.

"Wha- What- How did you do that?? And what is the conclusion??" You can't wait. You're just too shock about what BaekHyun said just now.

FLASHBACK

"Hey, Irene." BaekHyun woke Irene up. 

BaekHyun knew it. She was here all alone, all of the time. 

He knew her too well. She once told him that she really likes this spot. It's the the back of the athletic building. She likes this place cause most of the student can't look at what's happening from afar. So it's the best hiding place for Irene to do something. It's between the athletic building or the rooftop.

"B-Bae-BaekHyun." Irene lazily woke up from her nap, rubbing her eyes roughly. She didn't care cause she knew BaekHyun long enough that she always open up to him. BaekHyun took a seat beside her while she's busying herself with tidying up her uniform. 

"What are you doing here??" He asked. "Well. You know. Sleeping like always." She lift her shoulder together. "So what brought you here??" She asked back. 

BaekHyun got curious. Why wasn't she with SeulGi right now?? Wasn't she supposed to have fun with her, giggling there and chat with some kids from other class?? BaekHyun put his hands beside him against the bench's surface.

"Nothing. Just it'd been awhile since I haven't hang out with you. So yes." He mumbled. "Yeah me too. You've been busying yourself with ChanYeol and her." She replied, quite fully awake by now.

"You too." That hit her quite hard.

"So?? I do that because you guys didn't care about me." She told in an annoyed tone. She looked away. She don't want to have a fight. 

"Why are you like this?? You changed." BaekHyun said in a worried tone. She'd change so much that it's a lie if he didn't notice that. Irene cocked an eyebrow.

"I? Changed? No I didn't." She denied. She attempted to avoid any eye contact with him.

Of course she changed. She changed because of your present. Because the two of you like the same guy, Dyo. And sure she doesn't wanna lose to a new kid. And now, she successed to make Dyo as his boyfriend. That's all she need. And some friends too like SeulGi and TaeYeon.

"Yes you did. And a lot." BaekHyun smiled. He knew this tactic will break Irene's ice. And he knew Irene don't like it at all. 

"Can I know why??" He begged. Irene didn't look into his eyes. Of course she knew that BaekHyun will notice her diversion cause she done it too obviously.

"N-Nothing." What a lame excuse.

"I noticed that you talked alot to Dyo lately." 

Wait. How does he know it?? Did you tell him?? No cause you don't know anything about her little plan. Irene's body can't move. Just how did he know about this??

"Do you have any proof?" She stuttered. 

"Yes." He pulled out his phone from his blazer's pocket and opened a file. "This." It's a screenshot of her chat with Dyo. Irene's eyes went bigger as she tried to snatch it from BaekHyun.

"Did you hack my account??" She said. She didn't stop her petite hand from flying in the air to get his phone so she can delete it. 

"You can have it if you tell me what's going on." He tried to make a trade. He shook the phone playfully infront of Irene with the screenshot is still there. 

Should she tell him?? But telling him will be a shame of herself cause she once said to him 'Only girly girl fall in love or like someone. They're like a naive girl waiting to get '. So no. But he might show the screenshot to you, who like Dyo too. And that'll surely break your heart. Although she wants to beat you up, but she still consider you as her friend, a slight competitor.

Should she?? The screenshot or..

"Do you like Dyo??" He predicted. 

There he goes. He always managed to read her mind. 

Silent fulfilled the air, with BaekHyun and Irene completely mute for the moment. But sure BaekHyun was the one that break the silence.

"So it's clear now. You do like Dyo." He announced. "Now you have admit it, I'll delete the screenshot." He did somethig on his phone and yes, he did delete the screenshot. Irene sighed in relieve. So BaekHyun only wanted to know whether she likes Dyo or not. Not a big deal. In fact, he's her bestfriend. So there's nothing to be embarassed of, right??? Friends is for sharing moment and feelings and trust, isn't it?

And BaekHyun didn't know that you like Dyo too.

He kept his phone back into his pocket, and said,

"If there's something wrong, you know that I'm always there for you. Didn't we promise that a long time ago??" 

Yes they did. When they just knew each other 4 years ago. They knew they are destined to be excellent friend.

"Yeah. Thanks for.. everything." She thanked.

"Thanks for what?? You didn't even know what to thank for!!" He kidded, laughed at his own joke.

"Thanks for being my friend, I really appreciate that." She blushed.

END OF FLASHBACK

"She's dating Dyo?!!" You and ChanYeol yelled in unison. 

Irene?

Dyo?

Dating?

Irene Is Dating Dyo???

What the just happened.

"Yup." BaekHyun nodded.

Oh.

Irene is dating Dyo.

Congrats then Irene for having a perfect man by your side. 

Your expressions changed. A clear contrast from just now. You were looking up just now and now you're looking at the ugly cement floor. 

You never feel so defeated. You failed in your first love seducing mission. Your first love.

ChanYeol sure spotted your change. He knew that you like Dyo too. He hates Dyo, he should be cheering right now cause you are completely his now! But although he hates Dyo, looking at you, on a major bad mood like this is more painful than he thought. His crush (or basically bestfriend), failed in her first love? He shouldn't be so happy right now. 

You totally feel wanna creep onto your bed and cry your heart out right now, at this moment. But your whole body froze, mind numbed. You tried to replay the sentence over and over, maybe there's a joking tone in it. 

But no. It's a clear no. BaekHyun convinced for such a lot times. He couldn't be joking. 

"Dude. Why are you guys so silent?? We finally found an answer for the mystery!! Yay!!!" BaekHyun mimicked a cheerleader's move, cheering alone for the success.

Luckily, none of these dumb guys know you like Dyo. (ChanYeol knows without you knowing) You could act. You always act cool. That wasn't a big deal for you. It's a normal thing to do.

"Hey. Are you okay??" ChanYeol held his head down to look at your expression. You faked a smile. 

"Yeah I'm okay." You fabricated. "Then why are you so dense??" BaekHyun questioned.

"I am too happy for her!! All of this time she was having fun that she forgot us!!! We should be happy for her, you know??" 

What a fake thing to say. 

ChanYeol clearly know that there's something stuck in your throat cause  your voice was so shaky that he could hear it surely.

Your eyes let out a sea when you got back home.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

There there. We had reach the peak!!! I'm not going to talk alot here cause it's really late now. So I should get going~~ Leave comments to give me your opinion about this chapter! I hope that I didn't type any in this chapter except this one cause I love the word to curse someone. Love you and ChanYeol too!!!