32

Unexpected Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"She has never been this nervous. All her life, she never expect such rush and tension. 

"Yul..." she calls for him in her soft little voice. Unlike her, Yul is very excited to see the Jung's. He has read many stories about the Jung's and how they came into such power. 

He must say, he's quite impress by Jessica's grandfather who built his company with only a bank loan. As a business man, he's fascinated. 

"Yes, baby?" he turn back to her only to see how shaky she is and they're only just pass the front gate to the Jung's villa. 

"I'm scared" he chuckle and take her hand and tangle their fingers together. 

"Nothing to be scared of, Sica. Trust me" he gives her an assuring smile. 

"I trust you" Yul smile and give her a small peck on her cheek. 

They make way to the door and ring the door bell. Soon, the house keeper open up and is surprise to see Jessica and a man. 

"Ms. Jung, you're home" Yul expected her to say something but Jessica is like a stick with two eyes. 

"I'm Yul, Jessica's boyfriend" the house keeper gasps. She let them in and guide them into the living room. 

As they walk, Yul look around the house. Just as he expected, everything in the house, from the flower vase to the carpet on the ground are all the best materials money can buy. 

"Mr. Jung, Ms. Jessica has came home....with Mr. Yul" the house keeper said to the old man, sitting on his own personally designed recliner. 

Yul take a deep breath once Mr. Jung put down his newspaper and lift his head. 

"You finally came home, Jessica. How many days has it been since you left?" he ask her in a soothing voice, not as Yul expected since he always thought James Jung would be more strict. 

"Uhm...6?" she answer, almost mumbling like a cute hamster. 

"6 days and not even a text from you" Mr. Jung stands up and switch his gaze to the man next to her. His sharp eyes study Yul from his head's top to his toe's tip.

"I meant to call but I got busy, dad" Jessica said as soon as she notice her father looking at Yul. 

"Busy? With him?" 

"I'm sorry that we didn't say anything. I meant to come to you as soon as I could." 

"And why didn't you?" Mr. Jung ask. 

"Because...." Yul ran out of words to explain. 

"Because I didn't want him to meet you" Yul look at Jessica didn't think she would be that bold to say that to her father.

Mr. Jung switch back to look at his daughter, waiting for her to explain. 

"I was just afraid you might reject him" she look into her father's eyes. 

"Your mother has been worried about you. You should go see her, she's in her room. Go now, I want to speak with him, alone" Jessica look at Yul but he only give him a smile and give her a kiss on her head. 

Jessica didn't say another word and walk off, leaving the two men. 

"Let's move to my office. We'll have more privacy there" Mr. Jung lead the way. 

As they walk into Mr. Jung's office and Yul quickly study the place. On two sides of the office are massive book shelves, all filled with books. 

"Sit" Yul sits down in front of Mr. Jung. 

"So you must be the one that's been popping up with my daughter in the news lately. You've caused her many rumors and scandals" Yul gulp, forgetting how all those scandals revolving around Jessica has hurt Mr. Jung's pride. 

"Have you realize how bad you've made mine and Jessica's reputation?" Mr. Jung got more strict as soon as they have their discussion. 

"Sir, I..." 

"Do you know how hard I tried to rebuild her? Kim Taeyeon was the best thing that happened to my daughter but you had to step in and ruined it" Yul sigh loudly. 

"I'm sorry" Yul mumble. Mr. Jung keep quiet and let him speak. 

"I'm sorry that I've causes all these scandals. I'm sorry that I've hurt your reputation. But believe me, I never wanted to do that! I never realize how big Jessica is for the media to focus on her that much." 

"I know that I am far from your standards. I am no Taeyeon nor I am wealthy but one thing I know for sure is that I love Jessica and I would never do anything to hurt her. I guess I am here to tell you that I am her man and I want your approval" Yul said and look at the older man, waiting for his words. 

"You are right. You are no Taeyeon. You have no status. And yes, you are far from my standards when it comes to dating my princess. But I won't be in your way and even If I could, I wouldn't want to get in the way with Jessica and her choices. I am not saying I approve your relationship as that takes time

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter