24

Unexpected Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the day before her birthday, when Jessica decided she's going to have her birthday party at a resort. It's usually at her house or the club, but this time, she had decided to go with the resort and only invite her close friends and workers. 

"I want a private hall to hold my party. I also want to order some catering and it need to be decorated by tomorrow evening" Jessica said to the manager and her party planner. 

"What type of food?" her party planner ask. 

"Something simple but with quality."

"I suggest for a snack, we go with mango, tomatoes dice mix with strawberry sauce and cilantro on toast. Simple but elegant. For main meals, we can go with chicken and veggies kebab, bacon wrap asparagus, and beef Wellington. As for desserts, beside your cake, we can add Phyllo Eclairs, mango flan, and chocolate cover strawberries" her party planner listed all the foods. 

"Sound good." 

"As for decoration, what is the theme, Ms. Jung?" Jessica tilted her head. 

"Like I said, I want it to be elegant. I like the idea of black and white. Like the great Gatsby!" Jessica jump in her seat as she got more excited. 

"Excellent choice, Ms. Jung. Well, it looks like we need to get started then. I assure you that you will have the most memorable party you will ever get. You can come by at 2 tomorrow to see the progress. By then the hall should be done decorating" Jessica stand up and shake the party planner and the manager of the resort. 

"Thanks. I hope you won't disappoint me" with that, Jessica exit the resort and drive to meet with her friends at the mall. 

"Guys! I got great news~" Jessica just arrive and her group of friends was already there. 

"OMG! The great Gatsby?! I'm so excited!!!" 

"Yes! There's a reason why I called you guys to the mall. We need our evening gowns, ladies~" Jessica and her girls went into the dress store. 

"Guys...there's so many to choose~~" Jessica mumble as every dress she lay her eyes on pleased her. 

"Since it's the Great Gatsby, I think most people will wear the usual, black, white, silver, and maybe peach. And since it's your birthday, you need to stand out from the rest" one of her friend said. 

"Well, nothing stands out more than red. Should I go for a red dress?" Jessica grin.

"Not just any red dress, girl, you have a perfect body. Go with something that shows that. Maybe a lace dress, or sequin...." 

"I know!" Jessica shouted.

"Versace. Nothing can go wrong with a red Versace" Jessica went to the tailor and ask for all the red Versace gowns.

"This one?" 

"No." 

"How about this, Jessica?" another friend suggested as they look for the perfect red Versace gown for Jessica. 

"No, it's too bright" she answered. 

"Got it!" Jessica smile and took the gown off of the rack. 

"Wow! So beautiful~" 

"It really is, Jessica!" 

"Your body is the perfect fit for it! Go try it on!" Jessica walk into the fitting room and soon came out. 

"OMG~ So beautiful!" Jessica smile as she looked into the mirror. The gown perfectly fit her and show her curves and there was a cut on the left side of the dress to show her leg. 

"So y~~" Jessica giggled at her friends compliment. 

"I think I picked the right one..." with that, they ended their day with a bag on each girl hands. 

After her gown shopping, Jessica drove straight home. 

"Jessica, you're home" her father said. 

"Yea. I went to the mall to buy my gown for my party" she said. 

"Party? You mean for your birthday?" Mr. Jung patted the seat next to him. Jessica sat down. 

"Yes. I'll be having my party at a resort." 

"Resort? You guys aren't going to the clubs?" he knew his daughter too well, but he haven't been close to her these past months to notice her slight change. 

"Nope. Clubs are so yesterday. My party theme is the Great Gatsby!" she said excitedly to which he chuckle and caress her long hair. 

"Alright, I hope my daughter have the most amazing.....what are you turning? 40?" Jessica open and Mr. Jung laugh. 

"Ya! Daddy!" she smack his arm. 

"I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter