16

Unexpected Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a lovely Monday morning, Taeyeon and Yul were going out to grab some breakfast before heading to the office. 

While Yul excused himself to the men's room, his phone rang. And Taeyeon notice it and he also saw who it was as the letters that spelled out 'Jessica Jung'. 

Should I answer it? No! That would be rude of me. But why is Jessica calling Yul? Is it true of what the workers at work are saying? That Yul and Jessica are a thing now?

The ringing stopped and at the same time Yul came back. 

"Lets dig in!" he said happily.

While they were in the middle of their meal, someone came into the cafe. A very special someone. 

"Yul!" The two men stop their chewing and Yul lifted him head to see Jessica Jung. 

"Jessica?"

"Jessica?" both of them look at each other. 

"Yul! What a coincident that you're here!" she smiles. Yul look at Taeyeon and he seems unsatisfied. 

"Uh....why won't you sit, here, take my seat." Yul stood up and gave her his chair then seek for a another one. 

"I didn't know you like American base cafe. I always thought you were a cultural guy." 

"Well, I like variety" he said. 

"Ahem" Jessica turned her head to see Taeyeon. When did he get here?

"Oh, Taeyeon. You're here to....." 

Taeyeon fake a smile, "Yea, I came with Yul," he said. 

"I didn't know you were close to Yul" Taeyeon said, hinting that he wants to know more of this 'relationship'. 

"Well, he is the one that got me out of my misery," Taeyeon had a bitter smile. 

"Misery? I never knew you could be miserable..." Jessica glares at him. 

"What do you mean?"

"A girl like yourself, it's really hard to think you were actually miserable, considering you had everything. Glam, wealth, beauty, and workers that does everything you tell em' to." he sip his warm coffee. 

"Excuse me?!" she snaps. Yul is just watching this bickering between these ex-lovers. 

"Am I wrong though?" Taeyeon ask her with a cocky stare. 

"No, you're not wrong. I do have all of those things and done many mistakes and so do you but do you know what I got that you don't? Balls. At least I faced my mistakes unlike like you who just hide something that is so big from the whole world because you are afraid of the consequences!" she snaps back and Taeyeon is speechless. 

Perhaps she was right. He became quiet and sadden. Jessica notice that. Did she go too far? 

"Uhhh....Taeyeon, it's time to go to the office..." Yul said and clean his mouth. 

"I'll guess I'll go too. See you Yul" she smiles at him then look at Taeyeon. 

"See you around, Taeng." then she left. 

"......" 

"Um.... Taeyeon, we should really get going." 

"Okay" he sigh. 

 

***

 

The sun has fallen and the moon came out. But the night is still young. Taeyeon decided to walk around thinking about what Jessica had said. 

She was right. He didn't have balls to tell his parents or anyone that he had a daughter. He complete hide her from this world. 

"I'm a terrible father." 

He continues walking but stop when some guy handed him a flyer. 

'Valentine Day Special! 3 course dinner for 2, only $250 at the world renowned ShinDaKu Resort! In addition to the romanti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter