12

Unexpected Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mrs. Kim came home from the orphanage rather disappointed than happy. Taeyeon is at home and saw his mother walking into the kitchen. 

"Umma, back from the orphanage?" he ask. 

"Yeah" she answer unenthusiastically. 

"Why do you sound so down? Something happen?" he ask. 

"Seohyun. The little girl you et a few weeks ago, she's no longer there" Even though he knew this, he act as if he's surprise. 

"What happen? Did she get adopted?" he ask, sounding curious. 

"Her mother came back" Mrs. Kim said, pouring some water into her glass. 

"Her biological mother?" Mrs. Kim nodded. 

"At least they found each other. I bet her mother is still a great mom even after she left the baby" he said smiling. 

"Yeah. It's good to see that. Anyway, I'm going to visit your father now. We'll be back at noon" Mrs. Kim kiss her son then leave again. Taeyeon sigh in relief. Now his mother won't suspect anything about Seohyun and him. That's a good thing. 

 

***

 

It's on the verge of 12 and all the employees are getting ready to have their lunch when the elevator door open wide and Jessica step out. 

All of them stop what they're doing and look at her. They whisper to each other as she walk into the office space. 

"I thought, boss and her already broke up?"

"So it's still a rumor? They haven't broke up?" 

"Is she here to see Mr. Kim Taeyeon?" 

"Why is she here when they already broke up?" they spoke quietly as Jessica ignore all the gossip and kept on walking further down the office and arrive at Taeyeon's office door. 

She stop. She would knock on his door but those days were over. Instead, she turn her heels and walk to the other door.

The employees gasp. "Why is she going to Mr. Kwon Yul's office?!" 

"Kwon Yul's?! What is she up to?" 

"She already move onto Kwon Yul?!"

She kept on knocking but no one open. Then, the elevator door open again, this time, Yul step out and walk to his office. He kept on hearing the employees mumbling someone is meeting with him but he shrug it off until he saw Jessica in front of his door. 

Jessica heard the commotion behind her so she turn around and saw Yul coming her way. She smile and greeted the man once he is right in front of her. 

"Jessica shi...what a surprise to see you here" he said, honestly. By this time, almost everyone in Korea already knew about Taeyeon and Jessica's broken relationship. 

"Is it really that surprising, Yuri? I'm just here to say thank you for taking care of me the other night" the sweetness of her voice flow right through his ears. 

"Omo....did you hear that?! Mr. Kwon Yul took care of her the other night!" apparently, it flew to the other people's ears as well. 

Yul heard what the workers are saying so, he invites Jessica into his office for some privacy.

"They spent the night?! Holy " they said. 

"No, no! My friend saw Jessica shi at the club that night and she told me, Mr. Kwon was there to pick her up because she was drunk! I think he only took care of her because of that!" one employee explain. 

"Ohhhhhhh~~~~" they said then got back to their lunch break. 

Back to Yuri and Jessica...

"Sorry for that. They tend to hear things they aren't suppose to...." he said, talking about the employees. 

"I don't mind. I grew up with these kind of people all around me" she smile. Yul notice her smile. Sure he have seen her smile many times before but this is different. This time, her smile is genuine and has a friendlier vibe. 

"Would you like some tea?" he offer. 

"I'm fine. Anyway, thank you for taking care of me. And....I owe you a meal. Would you like to have lunch with me?" she shyly ask. 

Yul is surprise again. Is this really the same Jessica he knows? "Sure. I still have about an hour left." he accept and Jessica fear of having him reject her disappears. 

They walk out and head to the elevator. Again, the employees watch them as they move. 

"Going out together? Hmmm...." they mumble. 

 

***

 

Yuri and Jessica arrive at a nearby restaurant. In the middle of their eating, they began to talk and get to know each other more than just acquaintances. 

"Yul, I saw your family pictures. You only have one brother?" she ask. 

"Yes. There's only us. My brother isn't in Korea though" he said. 

"What about you? Do you have any siblings?" 

"Yes. I have one younger sister, but she's in the states attending college." Yul raise his brows. 

"In the states? My brother is too. And he is also attending school. Medical School."

"Medical school? Let me guess, he wants to be a doctor?" she guess but Yul shook his head. 

"Bone Surgeon. He only have 2 more years then he'll graduate" Yul said proudly. 

"Oh really? You must be really proud of him. Your parents must be really proud of you guys" she smile. 

"Yeah, although my mother was the one that pressure him into the medical fields." Yul laugh. Typical Asian mom. 

"What about you? How did you end up working at the company?" 

"Well....when I was in high school, I didn't really knew what I wanted to become. However my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter