25

Unexpected Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Happy Birthday!" Jessica greeted her guests as they keep on coming into the hall. 

"Happy B-day, Jess!" 

"Thanks~" that's what she's been doing, greeting, thanking, hugging, and pecking all her guest's cheeks that wished her a happy birthday on arrival. 

But they don't matter to her as much as the person she's waiting for. The one person whom she's willing to stand by the entrance door and wait for. 

"Where are you, Yul?" she check the big clock on the wall. It was already 6. 

 

*** 

 

Yul type the last words in his report then shut his laptop down. He quickly gather all his files and devices into his satchel then grab his blazer to head out.

"You seem to be in a rush" Yul jump then turn back to see Taeyeon standing in front of him. 

"Yea, I am in a rush. I think I might be late too" he chuckle to himself. 

"Oh really? Is this important?" Taeyeon raise his brows. 

"Today is Jessica's birthday. She invited me to her party. I think I have to go now. Bye, Taeyeon" Yul said then rush to the elevator. 

"Today is Jessica's birthday?" Taeyeon repeated. He scratch his head not knowing anything about this. 

"It is. And she invited Yul. She must already moved on. That's good" with that, Taeyeon return to his office to gather his things then leave. 

 

*** 

 

"Hello?" Yul press the phone icon on his steering wheel. 

"Yul! Where are you?!" as expected, it's no one but the birthday girl. 

"Relax, I'm on my way. I wouldn't want to miss this anyway." 

"You better come!" she hung up leaving him laughing on his own. 

Once Yul arrive at the resort, he gave his keys to the valet but did not forgot to get out a box, wrap in simply wrapping papers with a red bow on top, out of his trunk. 

"Excuse me, where is Jessica Jung's birthday party being held?" he ask as he walk further into the resort, lost. 

"Over there. Just walk straight until you see the sign with Ms. Jung's name" the lady behind the front desk pointed the way. 

"Thank you" Yul grin as he walk down the hall, searching for her name and once he found it, he stared at the tall, big door. 

"Wow. This must be a grand party" he said before opening it and enter. 

Music was roaming around, people are either sitting at a table or standing, talking with one another. Yul notice that everyone in here has a dash of wealth written all over their bodies. 

He knew that Jessica is among the filthy rich and she only hung out with the filthy rich. He felt nervous. Would people judge him? He couldn't even get home to change. He is wearing his work close, which is a simple suit with black dress shirt and a red tie. 

"This resort is huge but this room is bigger than I thought" he mumble as he try to search for Jessica. Fortunately, due to her red dress that stands out of all the other ladies, Yul is able to catch her talking with her group of friends by the small stage. 

"Oh my, Jess, you look stunning in that dress~" Jessica grin and strike a pose. Her friends woo her and continue to talk about girl stuff. 

"Did you see Jason? Isn't he gorgeous? I believe he's single~~" one of her friend poke her. Jessica just giggle and shake her head. 

"He is good looking, but he is not my type" she answer. 

"What is your type?" they look at her,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter