3

Unexpected Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jessica, it's nice to see you again" Mrs. Kim greeted the two as soon as they step inside the house. 

"It's nice to see you too Mrs. Kim is Mr. Kim home?" Jessica ask while being clingy to Taeyeon who is holding the gift basket. They walk further into the dinning area where Mr. Kim is already settle. 

"Appa" Taeyeon greeted his dad. Jessica grab her gift basket from her boyfriend and walk next to Mr. Kim.

"This is for you, Mr and Mrs. Kim. I hope you enjoy it." She smile at them then hand the gift to Mrs. Kim who gladly accept it. 

"Oh... you didn't had to go out of your ways and buy this, Jessica. You being here and joining us for dinner is enough" Mrs. Kim grinned. 

"Umma, Jessica is a great girl for doing that. She's the best" he peck her cheeks. 

"Aigoo look at these two~~" 

"Alright, lets start dinner, I am starving!" Mr. Kim said. While they are having their dinner, Jessica and Mrs. Kim had a conversation about her and her lifestyle, until Mrs. Kim ask the both of them about their relationship. 

"You two are such a lovely couple, when will you two planing on getting marry?" She ask, making the couple dead silence and look at each other. 

"Ya, why would you ask that? Of course they will get marry when they are ready. No need to ask them" Mr. Kim scolded. 

"This man. I'm just asking. Beside they're at the right age to get marry now so they can have enough time to have children" the statement from Mrs.Kim made Taeyeon choked on his water. 

"Are you alright, Tae?" Jessica wipes his face. 

"I'm fine. Umma, we haven't thought of those things yet." He said. Mrs. Kim frown. 

"But Taeyeon, you are 25 years old now. There are other people at your age or even younger that have their own family." Mrs. Kim said in a disapproving tone. 

"Um..I think there is no need to pressure us. Beside, there are couple who got married and never have kids. It's totally fine to not have kids." Jessica tried to dodge on the topic of having kids. For her, she never wants kids. She already told Taeyeon that she plans on not getting pregnant at all. 

"What?! Why would you say that, Jessica? Of course it's totally not fine! Having kids is a blessing. Are you saying you don't want kids?" Mrs. Kim ask her furiously but she didn't expect Jessica to agreed. 

"Actually, Taeyeon and I already discuss this and we planned on not having kids when we get married." She said ignoring Mrs. Kim eyes. 

"Baby...." Taeyeon tried to shush her, but she kept going. 

"I think we should let your parents know that I do not want kids. I'm sorry Mr. and Mrs. Kim but I absolutely can not give you guys a child." Jessica fiercely said without any regrets. 

"Baby..aish.." Taeyeon try to calm his mother down; however, she got angry and left the dinner room. 

"Taeyeon I think it's late. You should get Jessica home safely." Mr Kim said before he walk out, looking for his wife. 

"Sica... why did you say that? You know how much my mother loves children. You really upset her" Taeyeon scolded her and caress his temple. 

Jessica pouted feeling guilty. "I'm sorry but I can't lie to them and say I want kids when I don't."

"I know you don't but you know how my mother is. Next time, try not to anger her okay?"

"Fine" Taeyeon smile and peck her forehead.

"Don't worry, everything will be alright as long as I'm here."

 

~~~

 

Few days later

 

"Good morning boys" Mrs Kim greeted the father and son who notice her extremely good mood. 

"Well isn't someone in a good mood today. I wonder what day it is" Mr. Kim tease his wife, making Mrs. Kim scoff. 

"It's nothing. I'm just excited to  visit the orphanage" Taeyeon perk up when his mother mention the orphanage. 

"Umma's going to the orphanage today?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter