"I fell in love with my clueless best friend"

So We Meet Again

     "You! Jung Meenah! Why do you always get all the guys?! It's unfair~" Chelsea whined, stabbing her food with a fork. You shrugged and took a sip of your green tea.

     "He only saved me from dying," You said. Chelsea sneered and stuck her tongue out at you. You looked over at Chun Hee on the other side of the cafeteria with his new friends. He noticed you were looking at him and winked. Scoffing, you rested your chin on your hand. 

     "Ah. I'll be back," You excused yourself and wandered around the school until you reached the back. You dialed Kimchi's number and waiting for him to pick up.

     "Hello?"

     "Oppa! Why'd you call me when I'm in the middle of class?" You asked, partly scolding.

     "Sorry---I was in the middle of practice and I felt like calling you to ask how your first day is going so far."

     Your face and tone softened and you absentmindedly smiled. You started pacing around in circles in the empty hallway, making time fly away from your lunch break.

     "Did you and the other AA oppas eat yet?" You asked in a concerned and grown up voice. 

     "Yes, we did! No need to worry about us. Go back. Your lunch break is almost over, I believe." 

     Kimchi hung up, making your shoulders deflate. You trudged back to the cafeteria and saw Chelsea with Chun Hee and his friends happily laughing. You smiled in a motherly manner even though you were younger than both of them. You watched them from afar and didn't notice Min Woo had been standing next to you. Jumping up in shock, you spilled your tea onto his uniform.

     "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! Aisht!!! I keep on causing you harm today! I'm so sorry!" You squealed, violently dabbing a napkin at the stain on his lab coat. Girls watched you in envy because you were touching their precious Min Woo and you even spilled tea on him. Chun Hee sprinted over to see what happened. 

     You sobbed and bent down, trying to pick up the pieces from the broken glass cup. Before you could touch a piece, Chun Hee and Min Woo grabbed your hand at the same time. Noticing that Min Woo also grabbed at your hand, Chun Hee glared at him and quickly stood you up.

     "You're such an idiot. Don't pick up glass pieces! Do we need to warn you that much? If you hurt your hands, you won't be able to play violin or piano." Chun Hee yelled at you, keeping a hard stare on Min Woo. 

     Min Woo rolled his eyes and carefully picked up the broken pieces. You frowned with guilt and lowered your head, realizing that tons of girls were staring you down. 

     "How dare that new girl touch our Min Woo oppa! Just because her father is friends with the president---" A girl whispered nearby but stopped when Chun Hee glared at her. She yelped with fear and hid behind her friend who nervously bowed. Chun Hee rolled his eyes and gave Min Woo one last glare before taking you out of the cafeteria.

     Chelsea followed right behind and calmed you down. After the three of you left, Min Woo gave a threatening look at the girl who stupidly whispered too loudly. He took off his lab coat and casually swung it over his shoulder in a cool manner. Girls swooned and fainted as he also left the lunch room. 

     Meanwhile, you were crouched in a corner somewhere in a random hallway rocking back and forth. Chelsea frowned and gazed at your hands. They were pale and delicate like a snowflake. You gently touched your hands and sighed. 

     "I hate how I have to be so protective of my hands. It's not like I'm going to become a violinist or a pianist!" You muttered, standing up and leaning against the wall. Chelsea and Chun Hee looked at each other, agreeing that they should leave you alone. Waving, they went to the next class and left you alone in silence. 

     Min Woo spied on you from a corner and it was rather uneventful. You were floating around with your thoughts and only silently stood there, looking out the window. Without putting much thought into it, you dialed Dongho's number and put your phone against your ear. 

     "Hello?"

     "You actually picked up---" You whispered.

     "Eh? Yah! Jung Mi Ran! Are you okay?!" Dongho's voice cracked with worry.

     "Perfectly fine," 

     "Aisht! You don't sound okay, you idiot. Tell me what happened so far."

     "I met a really prettiful person. His name's No Min Woo. He's the president's son and student body president."

     "Are you forgetting about me?!"

     "No,"

     "After school, come directly to my house!" Dongho scolded and hung up right away. You let out a distressed sigh and hugged yourself tightly. Random things swarmed around your mind, leaving you unclear. Min Woo rolled his eyes and walked up behind you, wrapping his arms around your waist. He put his chin on your shoulder and closed his eyes.

     Gasping, you slightly turned your head to see Min Woo's perfect side profile. You squirmed and tried to pry his arms off only to cause him to tighten his grip. You squeaked and closed your eyes shut.

     Min Woo chuckled and let go, standing up straight. He smoothed his uniform and his new lab coat. Your eyes were shaking with confusion and you didn't know how to react to the situation. He ruffled your hair.

     "Don't think anything wrong of it. I was just playing." 

~~~

     You sat down in the familiar parlor and sighed, pressing a pillow against your chest. Dongho walked into the room carrying two glasses of your favorite iced tea. You happily took a cup from his hand and drank it with glee. You relaxed and sat squished against Dongho. 

     He blushed and quickly turned his head so you wouldn't notice. He gulped and nervously drank his tea, wiping his forehead with his sleeve. You were completely oblivious to what he was doing, playing with the fish that Mr.Shin had bought. Seeing the fish, it reminded you of the expensive carp that your father has in the pond behind the house. 

     "Y-yah! Who's this Min Woo guy and why did you sound so deflated earlier today?!"

     "Well---he's really nice and sweet. Plus, he's super handsome as well. I never thought someone could have such a perfect jawline like Minhwan!" You exclaimed, clapping your hands together and smiling like an idiot. Dongho burned up with jealousy and anger, his hands shaking and ready to punch someone. 

     "I thought you said that you like me and only me!" He burst. You were struck with disbelief and scoffed, rolling your eyes.

     "You never accepted my feelings. You like Suzy and only Suzy! What's the point anyways!? Knowing that I have no chance with you! There's no point!" 

     "You must be really stupid then," He insulted. You smacked the table and jumped up onto your feet. You grabbed at a pillow and threw the pillow to the other side of the room with frustration. 

     "You're so full of yourself!" You cried, letting tears fall out of your eyes. You covered your face with your sweater and quickly walked away. Dongho shamelessly gripped onto your elbow and held you back.

     You turned your head and glared straight into his brown eyes. The very brown eyes that you used to wish would only look at you. "Let go," You coldly ordered. Dongho refused and slid his hand down your arm and interlocked his fingers with yours. You snapped your wrist, trying to make him let go. He tightened his grasp and stood firmly in that spot. 

     "You're so clueless," Dongho pulled you into his arms and hugged you tightly. He buried his face in your straightened hair and let a tear fall down his face. your hair, he didn't let go and he didn't have any thoughts of ever letting you go. 

     "Do you know how long I've waited to hold you like this?" He said, his words slightly muffled. You shook your head and gently put your arms around his waist. Dongho pulled back and cupped your cheek with his right hand. He grazed your soft cheek with his thumb and smiled. You managed a small smile and without hesitation, kissed his cheek. 

     "Looks like I fell in love with my stupid best friend." Dongho whispered, closing his eyes and placed his lips gently on yours. 


Meep :3 Double update xD