"We're Moving?"

So We Meet Again

      You and a boy are running around in a park on a bright, sunny day. Your long hair blows in your face and you trip over the boy’s leg, falling down. The boy flips you over and sweeps the hair from your face. “Dongho oppa! Thank you,” you smiled with all of your teeth brightly. 

     He bursts out laughing. 


     You sit up and tackle him. Both of you start rolling around on the grass. You nuzzle your nose into his shirt and the smell of freshly cut grass and candy travel up into your nose. 


     “Dongho-ah! It’s time to go. Your father is waiting at the company and---aigoo! Hurry up and get in the car to change. You’re a huge mess!” 


     You see him get up and walk towards his mom and everything became a blur. Eventually, you were in complete darkness.

 

     You blinked. There was your familiar ceiling with a poster of U-Kiss on it. “What the freak was that about?" you mumbled to yourself and got out of bed. You staggered downstairs and rubbed your eyes until your vision was clear. The bright sunlight blinded you for a bit until you plopped yourself down on a chair at the countertop.
 
     “Well good morning, young lady. You look tired; did you sleep late again because you were watching those dramas of yours?” your mom asked in a teasing voice.

     “Mom! Of course I wasn’t! You know that I was up late doing my projects,” you defended.
 
     Your mom set a plate of pancakes and eggs along with a glass of milk in front of you before going back to washing rice. “You know---it’s been such a long time since your brother has moved out and all and isn’t it getting a little boring around here? What do you think about moving to somewhere a little more exciting? Oh that just sounds like a brilliant idea to me!” your mom exclaimed, turning around.

     You shook your head and stuffed a piece of pancake into your mouth. “Mom, why are you asking me?” you looked up at her. “We can go anywhere you want because you know I’ll always get a good education wherever I go because of my wonderfully smart brain,” you scoffed, rolling your eyes.

     She jumped up and down like a little 5 year old kid. “Yay! I can’t believe you actually agreed to this! Oh my gosh this is just wonderful news!” your mom beamed. 

     Shaking your head with a smile, you quickly finished up your breakfast.
 
     “Meenah, you’re a U-Kiss fan, right?” your mom asked as you stood up to put the plate in the sink.
 
     “Mom, you know that I am.”
 
     “Well---of course you would remember Shin Dongho, your childhood friend, right?” she continued.
 
     “Mom! If I’m a U-Kiss fan then of course I remember him. Jeez, why are you asking such questions that you already know the answers to?” you snapped, annoyed at your mom's questions relating to Dongho. You picked up the glass of milk and drank from it. 
 
     “Well if you’re alright with us moving anywhere...” your mom walked over to you. “...then we’ll move back to Korea!”
 
     You spat your milk out and looked up at your mom with eyes that were filled with bewilderment. “Mom!” you screamed. You took a napkin and wiped your mouth. “Why Korea? Mom! Why are we moving out of the country? I thought by moving you meant by like moving to another state; not another country!”

     Your mom looked taken aback because of your reaction. “Come on, Meenah. It’ll be fine! Going back will be fun! Haven’t you always been complaining to your friends on Tumblr about how you wished that you could go to Korea and meet your oppas?” your mom persuaded.
 
     She was right. You did. However, going back all of a sudden right now wouldn’t be too great. You didn’t want to upset your mom and make her regret not going in the future.
 
     Reluctantly, you gave in. “Fine! I’ll move to Korea! You definitely owe me big time,”
 
     You stabbed a piece of egg and chewed on it.

     “Then it’s all worked out! That means we can now go back and live with Dongho and my great friends!”  
 
     You choked on the piece of egg. “What?!” 
 

Meh. Weird first chapter.