Eight

I'm still falling for you

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chunja led Jungmin at the back of SME building. There were other people loitered in the area as if waiting for something.  After a few seconds, a delivery truck entered the gate and parked near where the people are. Chunja held Jungmin’s hand and pulled her near the truck.

“Ok, listen up everyone!” A guy with a blue shirt yelled loudly and stood in front, gathering everyone’s attention. “Let’s be systematic, I’ll call your group’s name and you come here and get their shirts and pants. No pushing please.” He told everyone and started calling out the different idol group’s name.

“Well, that’s better than last year.” Chunja murmured to Jungmin. “Last year, everyone was clamoring on the truck, shoving and pushing people around just to get the shirts.”

“So the people that are here now are personal assistants of some other idols as well?” Jungmin asked curiously as she looked around. Chunja nodded.

“Although there are more part timers like you.” Chunja added.

“Really? Why so?” Jungmin asked in wonder.

“Well, it’s really complicated when personal assistants gets too much attached to the idols.” Chunja started explaining. “Sometimes, they act even worse than an obsessive fan girl or boy, like the Soohee incident.”

“Soohee incident?” Jungmin asked again. Chunja bit her lip and shook her head.

“I can’t tell you anything more than that; it was a hushed incident so you better not talk about it.” Chunja warned her. Jungmin wanted to press more about the topic but stopped herself when she saw that Chunja’s face darken when the topic was brought up.

“Then Chunja unni, what are these shirts for?” she asked instead as to change the flow of conversation.

“Haven’t Manager Jin told you about the Idol Sports Competition?” she asked in response, her face becoming alive again. She then rolled her eyes when Jungmin shook her head. “How come that stupid manager didn’t even tell you anything?” She murmured. “This is the second year that SME will hold an Idol Competition among its artists. It’s like an Olympic game but better because there’s so much eye candy.” She added with a chuckle. “These shirts are the uniforms that our idols have to wear during that day.”

Jungmin nodded in understanding.

“So when’s the Idol Competition?” Jungmin asked again.

“Shinee!” the guy with the blue shirt yelled once again, catching our attention. Chunja and Jungmin went towards truck.

“These are your shirts.” He said and handed one bundle of pearlescent sky blue shirts and another bundle of black pants each tied with a piece of rope. “Please count it before leaving.” He advised us. Jungmin counted the first bundle. “10 pieces of shirt” she declared.

“Same number here for the pants.” Chunja seconded.

“Okay, then just sign here.” he said and gave a piece of paper and pen to Chunja and she signed the form.  “The rubber shoes will be given tomorrow morning so come here at around 7:00am to check on the sizes.” Both of the girls nodded. “You get the shoes tomorrow Jungmin, is that ok?” Chunja turned to her and she agreed. “I’ll just message you their sizes.”

As they started to walk away, Chunja was called by someone. She instructed Jungmin to wait for her as she went to the person who called her. They appeared to be in deep conversation when Chunja lightly hit her head with her palm and went back to Jungmin.

“Jungmin-ah, can you send this to the dry cleaners. These shirts need to be washed before Shinee can use it; I forgot to check on something for their schedule tomorrow.” Chunja said. Jungmin inhaled deeply and nodded. This is it, the start of my tasks.

“Here’s the address of the laundry shop.” Chunja handed Jungmin a piece of paper. “SME have an account there so you shouldn’t pay for anything.  Tell them, that we need the clothes as soon as possible. If ever they have a lot to do, tell them we need it by Monday morning. Here’s some money, you can take a cab to go there and then back here. Can you carry these?” she asked again indicating the two bundles of clothes.

“Ne unni, you don’t have to worry” Jungmin replied and picked the bundles, one on each hand. “I’ll be going then.” She said.

“Take Care!” Chunja said. “And call me when you have any concerns ok?” she reminded her dongsaeng.

Jungmin smiled at her unni, went out the SME building and took a cab to the laundry shop.

 

Jungmin reached the laundry shop with no problem and was able to leave the shirts and pants for washing. She then pulled out her handphone and messaged Chunja.

                To: Chunja-unni

                From: Jungmin

                Mission Accomplished unni, I can get the shirts and pants on Monday morning. ^_^

Jungmin then went out the laundry shop and decided to ride a bus back to SME building so she started walking towards the bus stop.

“Jungmin noona!” a male voice called her. Jungmin looked around to see who called her and saw a boy coming forward her. The boy was wearing a black beanie and a mask so all she could see was his eyes. Jungmin frowned in confusion, not recognizing the person who called her.

“Do I know you?” she asked back politely, still trying to recognize the boy. The boy chuckled and looked around, and then he partially removed his mask.

“It’s me, Taemin.” He whispered softly and placed back his mask. Jungmin was surprised upon seeing him here.

“Tae-” she started saying and stopped when Taemin’s eyes rounded when she mentioned his name. Jungmin bit her lip. Right, they are idols, no name dropping. She reminded herself. This must be some of the troubles celebrities are experiencing. They can’t even go out and take a walk without being mobbed by fans.

“Uhm, dongsaeng,” she called him, at lost for any other words to call him. Jungmin knew Taemin smiled behind the mask because his eyes crinkled upwards, calling him dongsaeng must be alright with him. “So, what are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be at a radio guesting?”

“Ne,” he affirmed. “But we are on a lunch break now.” He told her happily. Jungmin looked at her watch and saw that it was already past 12 noon. “Have you eaten noona?” he asked her.

Jungmin nodded, not wanting to let Taemin know that she forgot the time, but her stomach was not to let this go and let out a soft rumble. Jungmin placed her hand on her stomach as if to stop the sound, but Taemin already heard it and laughed behind the mask. Jungmin glared at him.

“It’s not good to laugh at your elder dongsaeng.” Jungmin jokingly reprimanded him. Taemin shook his head.

“Mianhe noona,” he said. “I just couldn’t help it.” Jungmin smiled at Taemin’s child-like laughter.

“Yah! Taesung!” someone called again. Chunja and Taemin looked at his back and saw another guy with a pink beanie coming towards them.

“Hyung” Taemin replied as the pink beanie guy with sunglasses approached them.

Taesung? Jungmin wondered.

“Manager hyung is looking for you, why are you taking so long?” the guy asked irritatingly. Taemin pointed at Jungmin.

Jungmin, knew who the guy was even before she saw him. She would recognize that irritated voice anywhere. It was Key.

“What are you doing here?” Key asked her, his voice still with the same irritated tone whenever he was talking to her. It’s plain that he was not happy seeing Jungmin.

“Are you following us?” he asked again, not giving Jungmin a chance to reply.

“Hyung…” Taemin mumbled behind his mask. Key rolled his eyes and sighed.

“Come on Taemin, we have to go back.” He casually reminded Taemin. Jungmin looked at Key in surprise. She never knew that Key could say something that doesn’t sound like he’s annoyed. She always sees him irritated, well, whenever she was around that is.

“But I haven’t bought my banana milk.” Temin sadly said.

“Just have one when we reach our dorm araso?” Key told him once again. “You have to eat your lunch, Taeminnie, if you will still buy your banana milk you won’t have time to eat your lunch.” He explained.

“Uh, I can buy your banana milk Tae-” she said and stopped when she was about to say Taemin’s name again.

“You would noona?” Taemin asked, going back to his happy self.

Jungmin nodded. “Go ahead and eat your lunch then I’ll bring your banana milk.”

Taemin hugged Jungmin excitedly after Jungmin said those words and released her immediately with a blush on his face. “Sorry noona.” He mumbled again.

Jungmin grinned at him and shook her head. “It’s okay dongsaeng” she added.

“Just go to the lobby of that building across the street. I’ll meet you there.” Key said abruptly and started walking away pulling Taemin with him. Taemin glanced back at her and waved.

“Thank you so much noona!” he shouted happily. Jungmin waved back and sighed as she saw them went in the building that Key pointed to her. I wonder why Key always seems to be mad at me. I don’t think he’s so petty that it is still because of me bumping onto him. I’m pretty sure I haven’t done anything else that would make him mad at me. Jungmin shrugged her shoulder in defeat and placed her focus in looking for a convenience store that sells Taemin’s banana milk.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________