Five

I'm still falling for you

 

Jungmin’s POV

“Manager Jin” I called him hesitantly while walking on the hallway.

“Yeah?” he asked, although he continued walking and didn’t turn around.

“I’m so sorry for creating all this confusion.” I told him sincerely and bowed then hurriedly followed Manager Jin’s footsteps. The manager kept quiet so I’m not really sure if he heard me.

 “I am not that familiar with trainees and the k-pop industry, well, SME for that matter.” I hurriedly added. “I never knew that SME were the one producing such artists.” I explained lamely with a dejected look on my face.  

I was surprised when Manager Jin burst out laughing and I look up at him. He was no longer walking, instead he was leaning on the wall watching my monologue all the time. I smiled a little when he laughed. It must mean that all is good, right?

“It’s alright Jungmin. Being unfamiliar with this these things are no big deal. I just got worried when you were not in my office at 9am. Mr. Kim told me you were very responsible so I never thought you’ll be late and I assumed you got lost.” He told me frankly.

“Oh” I mumbled. “So, Mr. Kim did endorse me to you.”

“Of course, with the past happenings, I can’t accept any personal assistant. Just be thankful you have Mr. Kim as your referral, he is a much admired person here in SME.” Manager explained. “Now, don’t be too hard on yourself, let’s go meet the boys you’ll be assisting araso?” he added with a smile and started heading towards the elevator.

A heavy burden seems to be lifted off from my chest with Manager Jin’s words. My first impression of him was a very strict man since he resembles a bodyguard, burly and quite tall. I was even terrified when he called out my name in the room with no hesitation. It feels like being caught after cheating during an examination. But now, after hearing his thoughts, I'm starting to look forward on this part time job.

I smiled brightly and followed Manager Jin towards the elevator, now excited to meet the group he’s handling. Surely with an open-minded and kind manager, the group will somehow be similar to him?

 

Manager Jin’s POV

Manager Jin can’t help smiling as he thinks of his new personal assistant. Things will be quite interesting. He thought to himself and glanced at the girl standing beside him in the elevator. Mr. Kim surely knows how to asses a person’s character. Quite frankly, I was apprehensive upon hearing the executives that they were planning to hire another Shinee assistant since the previous one proved to be a disaster, I only somewhat approved of the idea when I heard it was Mr. Kim who personally recommended the girl. My doubts about this personal assistant issue resurfaced when I heard that this Lee Jungmin was sent to the trainees’ pictorial. I thought that the glamour of being a celebrity or being with a celebrity will somehow get to her but when I saw her inside the room, she looks like an innocent teenager lost in a carnival but is embarrassed to ask for direction then was suddenly found by her parents. Her casual clothing, a face with no make-up, and polite attitude when being spoken to dispelled the doubts. What will you do Shinee boys? Manager Jin kept smiling to himself.

 

Narrator POV

Jungmin rode the elevator with Manager Jin, the manager just stood quietly beside her, not speaking and not appearing to be deep in thought, he was just staring blankly, as if his soul was somewhere else rather than his body. This was better for Jungmin, she was not the type to open up simple conversations. She was just plain shy and she doesn’t know how to carry a conversation, let alone start one. That is the reason why she never had a boyfriend in her 19 years of living. Guys often see her as snob because she doesn’t take notice of them, the few guys who were brave enough to befriend her to get to know her remains just that, a friend.

“Uh, Mr. Manager Jin-shii” Jungmin called the manager softly. The manager turned toward her and raised his eyebrow. Jungmin gulped, trying to swallow her nervousness. “Can you tell me what group are you handling? I don’t want to look so surprised when I meet them. “she added.

“I thought you’re not familiar with K-pop?” Manager Jin queried.

“I’m not, but I do listen to their songs.” Jungmin replied in defense her voice slightly louder than what she intended and she shook her head, hiding her blushing face with her hair. Manager Jin chuckled at her reaction.

“I was just messing you Jungmin” he told her and grinned. “But I didn’t know you’d look so cute when you blush. The boys will surely find you interesting.”

The elevator stopped on the 5the floor and the doors opened.  Manager Jin stepped out right away, leaving Jungmin baffled by his comment and had no other option but follow him to his office. Manager Jin stopped on the 3rd door from the elevator, causing Jungmin to almost bump into his back since she was looking around trying not to be over awed by the building's elegance. Manager Jin was about to open the door to his office when he turned around and faced her.

“By the way, my boys are known as Shinee.” And he opened the door and motioned Jungmin to follow him inside.

Jungmin inhaled deeply and went inside Manager Jin's office and awaiting for her is a  topsy turvy world full of excitement.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's corner (much better than "note" ne?..)

Its 1:30 in the morning and I finished this 5th chapter for you guys.. (and actually for me too, since the characters won't let me sleep unless I write the scenarios in my head.. hehe..). I hope it still makes sense because my mind is starting to sleep on its own.. =) 

I'm sorry that Jungmin had another major moment here, but please love her.. hehe.. Did you like Manager Jin's perspective? I see him as the quiet, brooding, not-talking-much-except when-needed guy.. that has a very kind heart. I also tried writing from different perspectives in one chapter so I appreciate any comments, I'm really having trouble keeping the third person perspective type of story telling.

Thanks for subscribing once again, I'll try to post an update tomorrow er- I mean today when I wake up.. hehe..

@TofuCharismaShawol: thanks for the comment.. =) then who is your bias?.. I really see Jjong as a funny and sentimental guy so expect more antics from him.. hehe..