Twenty Two

I'm still falling for you

 

~A-yo, himi deulttaen duntadak rhythm-e gidaeyeo oh, Neol hyanghan uriye noraero, oh ~

Jungmin tried to reach for her phone on her bedside table as she heard it rang.

“Yeoboseyo?” she answered groggily, with her eyes still closed, not seeing the name of who called in the screen.

“Jungmin noona!” Minho voice said loudly on the other line.

“Minho?” Jungmin sat up straight upon hearing his voice, now wide awake.

“Ne.” Minho answered.

“Do you need something?” She asked curiously. Minho didn’t answer as she heard some shuffles and voices on the background.

“Noona!” This time, Taemin called out.

“Taemin?” Jungmin asked again wonder.

“Why didn’t you answer my call?” he asked her and Jungmin could almost imagine him pouting.

“I didn’t know you were calling Taemin, mianhe.” Jungmin replied.

“That’s ok. Where are you now?” Taemin asked her again.

“I just woke up.” Jungmin told him.

“Noona just woke up.” Taemin declared on the other line with a giggle and she heard another shuffling sound.

“Noona, it’s already past 8 in the morning. Are you still coming today?” Jonghyun asked this time.

Jungmin stood up straight upon hearing the time and searched for her alarm clock on her bedside table. She searched for it on her bed, under the blanket when she didn’t saw it on the table. Then she crouched down on the floor and saw it under the bed.

“Noona! Are you still there?” Jonghyun asked on the other line.

Jungmin instinctively nodded and hit her head on the bed frame as she tried to reach for her alarm clock that was beneath her bed.

“Ouch” she exclaimed and she rubbed her head.

“What happened?” Jonghyun asked again.

“It’s nothing Jonghyun, I’ll just get ready now so please tell Manager Jin and Chunja unni that I’ll be late ok?” Jungmin told him and ended the phone call without waiting for his reply. She then grabbed the alarm clock and placed it back on her head. The time says 8:10am.

Jungmin then dashed to the bathroom and took a bath. She grabbed the first thing she got in her drawer, a purple v-neck shirt paired with a black jersey lounge pants. She then wore her black sneakers, almost tripping on the shoelaces as she arranges her small backpack as well.

After about 20 minutes, Jungmin was ready to go and she went out of her room and rode a bus to SME.

Jungmin pulled out her hand phone while inside the bus. Her eyes widened as she 20 missed calls listed on the screen. The numbers were from Manager Jin with 2 missed calls, Chunja unni with 3 missed calls, Jonghyun with 6 missed calls, Taemin with 5 missed calls and Onew with 4 missed calls. I can't believe Jonghyun had 6 missed calls. Jungmin thought with a smile.

She then also saw that she received a lot of text messages. All were from those who tried to call her as well. It has the same thought; they were asking where she was. Jungmin closed her eyes and sighed. Maybe, I shouldn’t have accepted the manager’s favor to help him in the convenience store. She thought.

== F L A S H B A C K ==

Jungmin dropped her bag on her head and was about to change clothes when she heard someone knocking on her door. She opened her door and saw the manager of the convenience store downstairs standing before her.

“Ahjusshi” Jungmin bowed in greeting and the manager smiled at her. “What can I do for you?”

“Jungmin-ah, can I ask for a favor?” the manager asked.

“Ne, ahjhussi, if I can do it why not?” Jungmin answered politely.

“Well my part-timer for the night shift will be late, could you man the store for at least 4 hours?” the manager asked her.

Jungmin glanced at her watch and saw that it was almost 7:00 in the evening. “Well, I leave at 11:00 then?” Jungmin asked the manager. She cannot really say no to the manager since he rarely asks her favors and he’d been like a guardian to her ever since she stayed in one of the rooms he leases.

“Yes, 11pm will be ok.” The manager replied with a grateful smile. “Thank you Jungmin.” He told her and went down.

Jungmin sighed and locked her room then went downstairs.

== END OF FLASHBACK = =

Jungmin stepped off the bus as she reached the stop near SME. She run towards the building and went directly to Manager Jin’s office. She turned the knob and was surprised that it was locked.

Jungmin frowned in confusion and tried to turn the knob again, rattling the door. Why are they not in the office? She asked herself and searched for the key in her bag and opened the door. As she thought, no one was in the room. Jungmin was about to close the door when she opened it again. Her eyes scanned the area.

The shoes! The shirts! Where are they?She thought in surprise. What is happening?

~A-yo, himi deulttaen duntadak rhythm-e gidaeyeo oh, Neol hyanghan uriye noraero, oh ~

Jungmin heard her phone ring and pulled it out of her pocket. Taemin’s name flashed on the screen.

“Yeoboseyo?” Jungmin answered immediately.

“Noona! You’re taking up so long!” Taemin whined on the other line. “The games will be starting soon, I want you to see me compete.” He told her.

“Wae? Games? Compete?” Jungmin echoed, her mind thinking of all sort of things. “Taemin? Where are you?” She asked him while locking manager Jin’s office and hurrying towards the lobby.

“We’re at the Olympic Main Stadium noona!” Taemin answered her. “Wait. Didn’t you know that today was the Idol Competition?” This time, Taemin asked her.

“Jungmin?” Chunja unni’s voice spoke on the line. “Didn’t I tell you that the idol competition will be today?”

“Aniyo unni.” Jungmin said with a chuckle. “You may have forgotten to tell me the date and place.” She added.

“Mianhe Jungmin. My mind was really full of other things.” Chunja replied sadly. “Just get in here arasso? I’ll explain to manager Jin why you’re late.”

“Arasso unni.” Jungmin said with a smile. Chunja then hang up and Jungmin went to the bus stop to go the Jamsil stadium.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi everyone.. i'm slowly getting there.. hehe.. wherever "there" is...

I'll try to update tomorrow.. need some sleep.. =)

Thank you for subscribing people!!! =)

Thank you for the comments!!! (bows)

You really make my day.. =)