Forty One

I'm still falling for you

“Sorry Taemin I didn’t mean to leave my bag behind now your hyungs know your prank.” Sohee said as she apologized to Taemin.

Onew’s phone ringing broke the silence in the room and he answered it as he saw their manager’s name flashing on the screen.

“Neh manager-hyung, we’ll be out in a minute.” Onew briefly said and ended the call. He took a deep breath and glanced at the other three people in the room. “We’ll talk about this in the dorm. You come with us Sohee. I wouldn’t want you tolerating Taemin’s silly pranks.” And with that he left.

Kibum sighed and moved to leave as well following Onew but he was stopped with Taemin’s hold on his shirt. Kibum turned around at his dongsaeng and held his hand. “Don’t worry Tae, I’m sure Onew hyung will forgive you. Just apologize ok.” He told him softly as he tried to comfort the maknae who was now trembling beside him.

“See you in the dorm Sohee-ah. I’m sure Onew hyung won’t scold you as much as well. You’re just following Taemin anyway so don’t worry.” Key told her friend with a smile, grabbed Sohee’s bag with his free hand while keeping his arms around the maknae’s shoulder as if protecting him, and guided him towards the van where everyone else was waiting for them.

Sohee smirked as everyone left and called for a cab to take her to SHINee’s dorm.

 

Sohee and SHINee arrived almost at the same time on the dorm. The members shuffled inside the dorm with Taemin trailing behind the group. Sohee grabbed Taemin’s shirt as the van drove away and the other members are ahead of them.

“Just let them believe it was a prank and no one will know what’s happening at school ok?” Sohee whispered to the maknae and he nodded in response then walked faster leaving Sohee behind.

“Have a seat.” Onew gestured the only vacant couch to Sohee as she entered the dorm. The five members are in the living room as well, Key was already sitting on the long couch with Onew, Taemin sitting in between them while Minho and Jonghyun each grabbed a dining chair and placed it near the long couch facing the couch where Sohee will be sitting.

Sohee smiled at them timidly and went to sit comfortably on the chair that Onew gestured for her to sit on.  She smiled at each of them, her gaze slightly sharpening as she met Taemin’s eyes.

“I called everyone here today because of what Kibum and I discovered this day.” Onew started when everyone was settled. Onew glanced at Kibum and nodded and Key stood up and grabbed Sohee’s bag on the floor. He then opened it and laid the contents on the coffee table. Minho’s eyes widened when he saw his shirt among the items but kept silent. Jonghyun gasped with glee and grabbed his CD when Key took it out of the bag.

“You found my CD?” Jonghyun asked Key. Key shook his head and pursed his lips and sat back quietly on the couch and Jonghyun noticing the tense atmosphere sat back on the dining chair as well still holding on to his favorite CD.

“These are some of the items missing in the dorm these past few weeks. Kibum accidentally found them in Sohee’s bag this day.” Onew told everyone. Jonghyun and Minho looked surprised but kept quiet. “Care to tell your story Sohee?” Onew asked her directly.

Sohee lowered her head in apology. “I’m so sorry for all the trouble this has caused; it’s just that Taemin asked me to help him carry out this prank of hiding everyone’s things.”

“Taemin?!” Jonghyun said in surprise and looked at the Maknae whose head is lowered as well and his shoulders slumped forward.

“I don’t believe that.” Minho said quietly and Taemin looked up at him in surprise but his hyung is not looking at him but at Sohee.

“I’m sorry Minho if you don’t believe me but it’s the truth.” Sohee countered softly.

“Why are you lying?” Minho asked Sohee and stood up in Taemin’s defense. “We play pranks on one another but we don’t keep it going for so long. These things are missing for almost three weeks now. How will I believe you when Taemin himself can’t even recall where his things are most of the time?” He continued explaining and started pacing in the room.

“Hyung…” Taemin whispered in surprise and blinked back the tears that threatened to fall as his hyung stood up for him.

“That’s why he asked me to keep them.” Sohee argued back.

“I don’t believe you.” Minho shot back in reply.

“Why would I want to keep your things?” Sohee asked him with a frown. “I have no use for them.”

“Enough!” Onew said loudly stopping Minho from answering back and so Minho sat back on his chair with arms folded across his chest and let out a big sigh.

Onew then turned slightly to Taemin who was bside him. Taemin the lowered his head and fiddled with the hem of his shirt.

“What can you say Taemin?” Onew asked him this time. “Did you ask Sohee to keep those things?”

Taemin threw a quick glance at Sohee and lowered his head once again then nodded.

“Taemin what are you hiding?” Minho suddenly asked angrily and leaned forward.

“I… I’m sorry hyung. I never meant for it to go this far.” Taemin said quietly.

Silenced filled the room until Onew sighed and stood up.

“You may now go Sohee. Please don’t team up with Taemin’s silly pranks next time.”He told Sohee.

Sohee stood up and smiled timidly to the group.

“Sorry for the touble as well.” She said and bowed then left the room.

 

“So Sohee left just like that?” Jungmin asked in surprised after Key’s voice trailed off signaling the end of Kibum’s story.

“Ani.” Key scoffed. “That’s the day that the group realized how wise Jinki is and how thankful we are that he is the leader. Minho erupted after Sohee left arguing that to everyone that Taemin has nothing to do with the missing items.”

 

“Why are you lying Taemin?” Minho asked and knelt in front of the maknae and placed his hands on his shoulder shaking him lightly. “You were very sincere and worried in helping find the missing things so I know you didn’t hid them.” Minho reasoned out.

Onew stood beside Minho, placed his hands on his shoulder, and shook his head. “Go back to your seat; this meeting is not yet over.”

Minho stood in surprise and sat back down. Onew then tugged Taemin’s hand so that he stood up.

“I know that you’re not the one who hid those things Taemin.” Onew started saying and Taemin looked at him in surprise. “Key and I were sending sms back and forth throughout our trip back home talking about the situation. We believe you. You have to know that. So you have to trust your hyungs Taemin-ah.”

Taemin's shoulders shook as tears poured out as he can’t keep it in anymore. Kibum bit his lips and rubbed the maknae’s back. Onew then hugged the crying maknae who was now sobbing hard on Onew’s chest. Minho stood up and hugged the two pulling Kibum as well and Jonghyun followed suit.

“Trust us Taemin.” Minho whispered.

“We’ll help you whatever the problem is.” Jonghyun added.

“We are SHINee so we’ll be in this together and we’ll solve this together.” Onew said firmly.

Kibum just bit his lips in agreement as tears are already falling on his cheeks.

 

Jungmin sniffed as she tried to hold back the tears threatening to fall. “It’s a good thing all of you believed in Taemin at the time he needed it most.”

“Yes. I think that moment was one of the most important times of our lives as we started to be more group members but family as well. It was the time when we know no matter what happen we got each other’s back.” Key silently affirmed, smiling as if remembering the event.

“What happened to Sohee then?” Jungmin asked.

Key took a deep breath and continued his story. “Taemin told us everything, how he was alienated in his school for being an idol and how things worsened when Sohee started selling our stuff to his classmates. He was afraid to tell us because he believes we have enough things to worry about with our debut and promotions since we were just a new group. He thought he can handle things as long as he ignores it. The company was the one who talked to Sohee and dismissed her. We have a restraining order against her that she can’t be near us.”

“So you haven’t seen her since the incident?” Jungmin asked again.

“We’ve seen her once after she was dismissed. She came to the practice room with Manager-hyung and she apologized to us telling us that she just needed money that time and that’s the reason why she did it not knowing that it fueled in the bullying of Taemin.”Key answered. “I’ve already forgiven her but I can’t be her friend anymore because I can’t trust her.”

Jungmin stood up on her sit and hobbled toward Key who stood up straight from the counter and met Jungmin halfway. He then held Jungmin’s arm closest to him and was surprised when Jungmin wrapped her arms around Key’s neck. Key’s arm instinctively went around his waist and gazed into Jungmin’s eyes, his eyes sending many questions to Jungmin.

Jungmin chuckled at Key’s surprised look.

“You have forgiven her but you haven’t forgiven one important person.” Jungmin scolded him in a whisper as she met Kibum’s gaze.

“And who is that?” Key asked.

“Kibum.” Jungmin replied simply. “You haven’t forgiven yourself yet for trusting someone and blaming yourself for what happened.”

Kibum smirked and this time, it was Jungmin’s who frowned at Kibum’s response.

“That’s where you’re wrong.” He corrected her and Jungmin’s brow arched in surprise. “I have forgiven myself, although it was just recently after I’ve spoken to the members.”

“Really?” Jungmin asked doubtfully and Kibum nodded. His arms on Jungmin’s waist tightened and Jungmin laid her head on Kibum’s chest.

“You know who made me forgive myself?” Kibum asked and Jungmin hummed in response. “It was you Jungmin. You’ve made me realized that not everyone’s the same and you’ve opened up my heart and let me believe again. Thank you.” Key whispered softly in her ear and Jungmin closed her eyes and let her be immersed in Kibum’s warmth and love.

“I love you. Now it is your turn to trust in me.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi Guys! Sorry for the lame update.. I haven't had time to check or add on it and I don't feel like posting it yet but my brain's dead and I can't think of anything especially now that it's confirmed that SHINee will be coming to Philippines this SEPTEMBER! I need to know when so I can book a flight.. haha..  

Anyway.. next update might take a long while because I haven't written it yet.. hehe.. I swear it won't take a year.. (fingers-crossed)

On weekdays I have work and only have time for sleep and on weekends I'm dead because that's the only time i can really sleep so I'll try to squeeze writing the next update in between work and death ok?... hehe..

OMG! I can't think straight because of the news.. *spazz*

Thank you so much for sticking with me.. Thanks for the comments as well! ^_^