Twenty Five

I'm still falling for you

 

SHINEE POV

Taemin fidgeted on his seat as he was waiting for Jungmin, he really wanted Jungmin to see his relay. He looked around looking for any sign of Jungmin.

“Taeminnie, could you stay still?” Key asked him. “Why are you so anxious?” he asked the younger one.

“Jungmin noona still isn’t here and it’s already past 20 minutes.” Taemin told him.

“Why don’t you just call her then?” Key suggested casually.

Taemin’s face brightened at the suggestion and called Jungmin once again.

“Yeoboseyo?” Jungmin answered Taemin’s call immediately and Taemin smiled.

“Noona! You’re taking up so long!” Taemin whined and trying to sound cute at the same time. Key chuckled upon hearing Taemin. “The games will be starting soon, I want you to see me compete.”

“Wae? Games? Compete?” Jungmin echoed on the other line.  “Taemin? Where are you?”

“We’re at the Olympic Main Stadium noona!” Taemin answered her happily. “Wait. Didn’t you know that today was the Idol Competition?” Taemin asked her back.

 

Chunja who was near Taemin and Key heard the conversation.

“Jungmin?” Chunja mouthed to Key and Key nodded.

“Can I talk to her?” Chunja asked Taemin and the maknae handed the phone to Chunja.

“Jungmin?” Chunja asked. “Didn’t I tell you that the idol competition will be today?”

“Aniyo unni.” Jungmin said on the other line with a chuckle. “You may have forgotten to tell me the date and place.” She added.

“Mianhe Jungmin.” Chunja apologized upon realizing that what her dongsaeng said was true. “My mind was really full of other things. Just get in here arasso? I’ll explain to manager Jin why you’re late.” She added.

“Arasso unni.” Jungmin replied and Chunja ended the call and scratched her head.

“How stupid of me to forget to tell her of this event.” She murmured to herself but was still heard by Taemin and Key.

“You forgot to tell her?” Key and Taemin asked her in chorus.

“Ne, we’ve been so busy preparing that I have forgotten to her the date and place.” Chunja told them absent mindedly. “Well, I need to talk to Manager Jin and tell him it was my fault.” And with that, Chunja went off in search of Manager Jin.

 

Key and Taemin looked at each other when Chunja went off.

“I guess Chunja noona have a lot on her mind.” Taemin reasoned out and Key nodded.

“Taeminnie” Key called him softly.

“Ne?” Taemin tilted his head.

“Your relay will be after lunch right?” Key asked him.

“Ne.” Taemin replied, busy tying his shoelace.

“Don’t you want to wait for Jungmin at the employee’s entrance? Knowing Jungmin, she might have a hard time looking for us in this crowd.” Key suggested as casually as possible.

Taemin straightened up immediately upon hearing Key’s suggestion.

“That’s a great idea umma!” he told him brightly and jogged towards Minho and asked him to help him wait for Jungmin.

 

Key watched as the two went towards the employee’s entrance with a grin on his face.

“Why didn’t you just ask Taemin to accompany you and wait for Jungmin?” Onew asked him as he plopped down the grass beside Key.

Key was surprised at his sudden entrance.

“What?!” he squealed then cleared his throat. “What do you mean?” he asked again and looked away.

Onew chuckled beside him. “Just suggesting” he added teasingly. “Do you like her?” he asked in a more serious tone.

Key scoffed at his question and looked at their leader with raised eyebrows.

“How can you ask me such question?” Key asked in disbelief.

“Why?” Onew asked the question back at him and shrugged. “That’s a legit one.”

“I’ll never fall for a personal assistant.” Key told him in a firm voice.

“Is that because of Soohee?” Onew asked quietly.

Key remained silent and took a deep breath.

“Aniyo” He replied. “But maybe a little.” He answered truthfully.

“Maybe you should tell her, about Sohee, I mean.” Onew prompted, referring to Jungmin and Key shook his head vehemently.

“I don’t think I could trust someone that easily again.” He said in a low voice.

This time a deep sigh came from Onew and Key looked at him.

“I understand.” Onew said and patted Key on his back.

 

“What’s this stiff atmosphere?” Jonghyun asked cheerfully and squeezed himself between Onew and Key making Onew fell on the ground.

The crowd cheered upon seeing Onew fall down and Jonghyun squeezing himself in between the two. Jonghyun smiled and waved to the crowd, making them squeal.

“Yah! Dino!” Key admonished him as Jonghyun messed his hair.

“C’mon guys, lighten up.” Jonghyun told both of them. “You looking serious will make our fans worry.” His remark earned a chuckle form Onew and Key. “By the way, where is Minho and Taemin?”

“They are waiting for Jungmin at the employees’ entrance.” Onew answered.

“What?! Taemin should’ve asked me to come too. I wanted to see Jungmin as well” Jonghyun pouted.

Key and Onew stared at him.

“Wae?” He asked them.

“Nothing” both replied and Jonghyun shrugged.

 

 

“Taemin!” Minho called the maknae who was sprinting ahead of him.

“Ne?” Taemin replied from the front, not slowing his pace.

“You don’t have to walk that fast.” Minho said and tried to catch up with him.

“Aniyo, I want to be there when Jungmin noona comes so she won’t have a chance to get lost.” Taemin replied cheerfully and Minho shook his head.

 

“Noona!” Taemin called out when she saw Jungmin standing near the entrance, talking to someone else. She turned around as he called her and he greeted her with a big smile on his face and his arms waving in the air.

Jungmin grinned as she saw him.

“Why are you here?” Jungmin asked Taemin and glanced at Minho as well. “I thought the event has already started.”

Taemin shook his head. “It will start at 9am.” He told her with his irresistible grin and Jungmin ruffled his hair which made Taemin grinned wider.

“He wanted to make sure you won’t get lost and see him in his relay.” Minho said from behind Taemin. “Let’s go noona, Onew hyung may be looking for us.”

Jungmin nodded and followed them towards their booth.

 

“Noona! Watch me in my relay with Onew hyung ok?” Taemin told Jungmin as he approached her after Chunja noona talked with her.

“Of course!” Jungmin said enthusiastically. “What time will be your relay?”

“A little after lunch I guess.” Taemin replied.

“Taemin, everyone is asked to assemble there.” Jungmin told Taemin and pointed towards the race track.

 

Key wandered off to different idol groups, chatting casually with his friends as he tried to keep an eye on Jungmin.

Aish, why is this girl running around so much.Key thought in annoyance and glanced at his watch. It’s almost noon and she has to run around under this heat?!

His annoyance increased when he saw her handing out drinks to Donghae and Eunhyuk.

 “Are you ok?” one of the idols that Key forgot his name asked after noticing Key’s scowl,

“Ne!” he replied with a smile. “It’s just the sun.” And Key tried to concentrate on the conversation around him then returned to their booth when he saw Jonghyun sitting alone on the grass.

 

Key seated himself beside Jonghyun and smiled at the crowd when they screamed.

“Tired of wandering around?” Jonghyun asked him as he smiled to the crowd.

“What do you mean?” Key asked him.

“You’ve been socializing for almost 2 hours now.” Jonghyun reminded him with a smirk. “I’ve never seen you this friendly.”

“What can I say? I AM a friendly guy.” Key told him with a shrugged.

 

“Where are the others?” Jungmin asked them from behind. Jonghyun turned at the sound of Jungmin’s voice and smiled when he saw her.

“I think Taemin’s in the bathroom with Onew, and Minho’s with manager Jin.” Jonghyun told her.

“Here is your lunch.” Jungmin said and handed one lunch set each. Jonghyun glanced at Key and frowned when he saw that Key had not faced Jungmin. His head was lowered and was twiddling his thumbs trying to look busy while wearing a pout on his face. Jonghyun shook his head and he took both lunch sets and he handed one to Key after nudging him. Key extended his hands still not looking up and Jonghyun placed his lunch set on his hand. Key then placed it on his lap still not looking at them.

 

Jungmin then placed the other three lunch sets beside Jonghyun.

“Could you give this to Taemin, Onew and Minho when they come back?” Jungmin asked Jonghyun specifically since Key ignored her.

“I’ll just get you some drinks.” Jungmin mumbled when Jonghyun and Key started eating and went off to get some drinks.

“I thought you are friendly?” Jonghyun commented when Jungmin walked off. “Why are you ignoring Jungmin?”

“I am not. I’m just tired.” Key defended himself.

“So tired to not even acknowledge the person?” Jonghyun asked in a more serious tone.

“Just don’t mind me ok?” Key told him irritatingly.

Jonghyun shrugged his shoulder and kept eating.

 

“Woah! You’re eating ahead of us?” Minho commented when Onew and he approached the two. Silence answered him and he raised his brows and threw a questioning look to Onew while just shrugged and sat in between the two.

Minho then sat beside Jonghyun and nudged him and pointed at the munch sets beside him. Jonghyun then handed the two newcomers their lunch.

“Where’s Taemin?” Onew asked before starting to eat and looked around. Minho looked around as well searching for Taemin since he would like to start eating his lunch as well. He didn’t realize that he was hungry until he saw Jonghyun eating with gusto.

“There he is!” Minho shouted with happiness as he saw Taemin with Jungmin approaching towards them carrying bottled water.

 

Taemin saw Jungmin as she reached the bottled water to Minho and Jonghyun even if Onew and Key were closer to her. So he then handed the drinks he were carrying to Onew and Key. Taemin handed Onew the lunch set he was holding when he saw Jungmin starting to walk away.

Taemin immediately grabbed her hand to stop her and Jungmin looked at him in surprised.

“Eat first noona.” Taemin pouted at her.

“I’ll eat later Taemin. I don’t want Eunmi getting angry.” She told him with a smile that Taemin couldn’t resist so he let go of her arm. She then excused herself and went off.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm being lazy.. -_-

Could you forgive me for not proof reading again?.. Mianhe..

It's just that my eyes are getting dizzy from staring the the screen for so long.. @_@

I swear I'm just writing an update and not oggling at Minho's clips on the idol competiton!

Did you like their POV?

I was not satisfied with the normal POV so I decided to write Shinee's POV.. ^_^

Thank you guys for reading!!! *cheers*

^______^