Thirty Seven

I'm still falling for you

 

“What are you doing here?” Leeteuk’s stern voice cut through the awkward silence after Eunmi greeted Jungmin.

Eunmi and Jungmin turned to face Leeteuk at the same time, both surprised at the latter’s tone.

Jungmin’s eyes widened at Leeteuk’s expression, his jaw was set and his eyes narrowed. The dimples that were always on his face vanished, Jungmin fervently reminded herself not to be on Leeteuk’s bad side.

“I was told to come here and stay with Jungmin Leeteuk-sshi.” Eunmi explained, her back now facing Jungmin.

“I didn’t ask for you to come here.” Leeteuk said abruptly and Jungmin invisibly flinched at her oppa’s tone and lowered her head, trying to be inconspicuous.

 She never saw Leeteuk act so cold with someone. She always sees him smiling and even if Eunmi somehow caused her predicament she couldn’t feel sorry for the girl.

“Mianhe Leeteuk-sshi.” Eunmi replied her voice almost a whisper and Jungmin looked up and strained her ears to hear her speak. “Everyone was busy for your upcoming concert tour that they told me to stay here.” She added and Jungmin heard the crack in her voice but she couldn’t see Eunmi’s reaction to see if she was crying.

“Aniyo.” Leeteuk said firmly, shaking his head. “Go back to SM or to wherever you are needed. I’ll ask Haneul noona to find another one.” He said with an exasperated sigh.

Even if Leeteuk doesn’t know the whole situation, he knows that Jungmin being left behind at the stadium was caused by Eunmi either intentionally or not since the latter was responsible for making sure that everyone was included in the ride home.

Leeteuk then got his phone from his pocket and dialed Haneul’s number. Eunmi remained standing on where she was, her head lowered.

Jungmin’s eyes widened when she heard sniffling sounds coming from Eunmi and saw that the girl’s shoulder were slightly shaking. She then transferred her gaze to Leeteuk who seem unfazed with Eunmi’s reaction.

“Leeteuk oppa” Jungmin called him nervously, afraid to interrupt the conversation but cannot help but speak her mind.

“Ne?” Leeteuk replied to her in his usual, warm tone, his phone still on his ear, waiting for the other person in the line to pick up.

“It’s ok for Eunmi-nim to stay with me.” Jungmin told him, her fingers crossed behind her back hoping she made the right decision. She really does not want Eunmi to stay but she didn’t want to burden Leeteuk anymore. I hope the guys would not get angry with me because of this.

“But –“ Leeteuk started to oppose then stopped when Jungmin shook her head.

“I don’t want to disrupt anything anymore oppa. I’ll be fine with Eunmi if she’s ok with staying with me.” Jungmin firmly said.

Leeteuk sighed and rubbed the back of his head and ended the call that was unanswered and placed his phone back in his pocket.

“If you’re sure…” Leeteuk asked her once again and Jungmin nodded.

“Just please tell the guys too.” Jungmin suddenly said. “I mean I shouldn’t be the only one deciding on this since this isn’t my place.”

“Sounds reasonable.” Leeteuk said in agreement and pulled out his phone once again but this time he stepped outside the dorm and neither of the girls heard what the conversation was about.

 

 

 

“So, thank you for letting me stay here.” Eunmi said breaking the silence as Leeteuk went out of the room.

“It’s nothing Eunmi-nim.” Jungmin replied. “Although it’s really not in my hands to decide.” She added and Eunmi nodded in understanding.

“I heard you were injured after we were asked to clean up the mess at the stadium.” Eunmi said and Jungmin nodded, not wanting to open in case she can’t control it. “Well, I never really noticed that you were left behind by our shuttle. I totally promised that my head count was complete.” Eunmi continued.

Jungmin glanced at Eunmi trying to read her face as her sunbae tries to free herself from being somewhat responsible for Jungmin’s accident. Jungmin then shook her head in defeat as she can’t read if Eunmi is really innocent or not.

Jungmin glanced back up when Eunmi stopped talking. She was looking expectantly at Jungmin as if waiting for her to say something.

“Uh…” Jungmin started saying. She didn’t really hear the latter part of Eunmi’s speech so she does not know what her senior was waiting for. “It is okay Eunmi-nim. My injury is really not that serious.” Jungmin said trying to wing it. 

Eunmi nodded and smiled at her.

 

 

 

Leeteuk then entered the dorm breaking the awkward silence that stayed on the room after Eunmi talked to Jungmin. Jungmin did not start a conversation with Eunmi after the latter started a small talk since she doesn’t like to be pretentious and act friendly when they are not friends at all.

Both girls looked up at him expectantly as he entered with his mobile phone in his hand.

“So…” Leeteuk started saying as he tucked his mobile back in his pocket. “I’ve talked to Jinki and he agreed to let Eunmi stay here with you for today.” He said while looking at Jungmin. Jungmin nodded with a sigh and Eunmi smiled.

“That’s good.” Eunmi commented happily gathering the attention of Leeteuk and Jungmin. “At least you won’t be bothered anymore Leeteuk-sshi.” She added and Jungmin nodded in agreement.

Leeteuk shook his head at Eunmi’s comment. He doesn’t want to repeat what he said over and over again. That looking after Jungmin was not bothersome at all.

“Will you be ok with that?” He then asked Jungmin who nodded once again.

Leeteuk sighed and hoped that no problem will arise after leaving the two. He actually wanted to consult Key regarding the matter but he was busy leaving him no other option but to ask the leader. He then glanced at his watch and noticed that it was time for him to leave.

“Jungmin.” He called his dongsaeng who looked up at him when she heard her name. “I have to go.”

“Ok Leeteuk oppa. Thank you for taking care of me.” Jungmin said gratefully at him.

“If you need anything and I mean ANYTHING at all, no matter how important or petty it is, you have to call me.” Leeteuk told her and Jungmin nodded with a smile. “I saved my number on your phone when I got it in the room so don’t hesitate to call me.”

“I will. I promise.” Jungmin said and Leeteuk smiled in relief.

Leeteuk then faced Eunmi who was standing beside him.

“Come with me outside.” He ordered her and bade his goodbye with Jungmin once again and left the dorm.

 

 

Jungmin strained her neck towards the dorm’s entrance as she tries to hear what the two will be talking about but heard nothing as the door quietly closed.

Jungmin sighed. She hated being helpless.

Although Onew agreed with the set up she still feel like she was being a burden to everybody.

She glanced at her injured feet and sighed once again. She poked it gingerly and did not feel as much pain as before. She then lowered her foot to the ground and tried to put a little weight on it.

A buzzing sound surprised her and she dropped her injured foot on the floor causing some pain to shoot up her leg. Jungmin cursed inwardly for being caught unaware and lifted her foot gently back on the stool in front of her, elevating it. She then saw her phone with Key’s name on the screen. Jungmin took a deep breath and answered the call.

“Hello?” She greeted Key.

“Yah! Are you ok? Did anything happen. You have to tell me everything or else I’ll punish you, maybe just Onew-hyung. I’m not joking Jungmin. This is serious.” Key started saying on the other line.

“Uh – “ Jungmin tried to say something but Key continued.

“I swear I’ll forbid Jinki to eat chicken for a week. No, that is too light maybe a month or even a year. I don’t know what he’s thinking. Allowing Eunmi to stay there?” He asked in a high pitch tone, clearly frustrated. Jungmin could imagine him flailing his arms while talking to her and the thought made her chuckle. “Why are you laughing? I told you this is a serious matter. Why aren’t you speaking? Are you really ok?”

“Key!” Jungmin yelled at him in order to get Key's attention and was succesful since the other line became quiet. “Let me talk ok. I’m fine so just calm down.” She told him softly.

Jungmin could hear a few deep breathes coming from the other side.

“Ok. I am calm now.” Key said slowly but Jungmin could still hear a tinge of irritation and panic on his voice.

“I’m fine Key.” She started saying when she heard a mumble from Key’s side. “I’ll be fine with Eunmi-nim.” She re-stated firmly.

Jungmin heard Key took another deep breath from the other line and she prepareed herself for the onslaught.

“I know you’ll be fine.” Key said in a sarcastic tone. “C’mon Jungmin, you’re always fine. Even when you’re not.” He added and Jungmin cringed at his tone. “Honestly Jungmin, that’s what scares me the most. You’re not the type to say what you really feel since you’ll feel like you’re being a burden or something.”

Jungmin gasped quietly at how Key seems to know her.

Was she that obvious? She asked herself as she listened to Key’s ranting on the other line.

“Yes you’re that obvious, pabo!” Key answered her thoughts.

“Yah! Are you a mind-reader now or something?” Jungmin frowned and asked him defensively.

Key laughed at the line. The high pitched laughter somehow calmed Jungmin, warming her heart as always.

“Let’s just say my intuition is on high alert when it’s all about you.” Key replied. “I’m the almighty Key in case you’ve forgotten.” He added casually.

“How could I forget?” Jungmin answered back drily and can almost see Key’s smug look.

“Anyway, I can’t do anything about it now.” Key said in defeat going back to the topic. “I’ll just try to go home as quickly as I can.”

“You don’t need to rush Key. I can handle myself.” Jungmin told Key. “I promise!” She added indignantly when she heard Key scoff at the other end. “I’ll send you a message every hour. Will that satisfy you?”

“Ani.” Key replied. “But it will do for now.” He said in agreement. “I’ll call you often as well when I have time".

“Yeah, I know you’ll be bothering me as usual. So go and do your job flawlessly.” Jungmin replied in a teasing manner.

“I always do my job perfectly.” Key said in defense and Jungmin chuckled. She heard some noise in the background before Key went back in the line. “They’re calling me. I need to go then.”

“Yeah. Bye!” Jungmin said softly, her heart somehow saddened knowing that she won’t be able to talk to Key anytime soon.

“ I love you.” Key murmured softly and ended the call.

Jungmin remained frozen on her spot.

Did she hear what she just heard? 

Her saddened heart was somehow revived as it started to beat faster.

Pabo! You really are the almighty Key!

______________________________________________________________________________________________

So there... Eunmi's back.. hehe...

I'm having some trouble with some of the characters.. that's why it takes forever before I update.. *bows apologetically*

But, I'm trying to straighten everything out so hold on?.. hehe..

Miss_lah:I'll try to bring SHINee home early ok?.. Or at least Key.. Just to prevent anymore drama.. hehe.. But I think Key will add more "drama" than make it go away.. 

puppyrawr: Awww.. Thank you for reading and comenting on my story.. =)

ktcyab: Do you like Leeteuk?.. I don't really know why I added him in the story.. hehe.. It's just he looks so "kind" and "evil" at the same time depending on his mood..

Thank you people!!! \o/

P.S.

Please leave your thoughts, suggestions or violent reactions on the comment box below.. (maybe not too violent.. hehe).. It gives me ideas and inspiration and maybe it could help with my "character" problem.. 

=)

~tata