Two

I'm still falling for you

 

Saturday morning came and I was up bright and early. At 7am, I’m out of my dorm and went searching for the place that Mr. Kim told messaged me. As I rode the bus, I reread the message sent to me.

               

                To: Lee jungmin

                From: Mr. kim

    Go to this address XXXXXXXX at 9am tomorrow and look for Manager Jin. I already told him about you so just introduce             

    yourself and he’ll be expecting you. He will explain the job details but don’t expect too much since you’re still a university    

    student. I think he can only give you some odd jobs or errand. Anyway, message me if any problems arise. Goodluck!

 

 I smiled as I read the message and thank heavens for the opportunity given to me.

 

I stood in awe as I found the building I was looking for. SME building it says at the front. The building was at least 50 stories high and it was very huge indeed. As I was approaching the building, I caught a reflection of myself on one of the glass doors and grimaced. Since Mr. Kim said errand jobs, I just donned a loose yellow shirt with a big star printed in front and skinny jeans then pink sneakers. I never expected come to a place that screams elegance or formality. I gulped my worries as I entered the building and went straight to the reception desk, not wanting to linger at the lobby that looks like a 5-star hotel.

“Hi, good morning miss” I greeted the lady behind the desk.

“Yes, how can I help you?” she asked politely but her head was lowered as she seems to be writing something.

“I’m looking for Manager Jin” I told her. She then stopped what she was doing and looked at me critically. I can’t help but blush as she scrutinized my face. It’s a good thing I decided to at least put some lip gloss on. “Are you a trainee?” she asked me.

A trainee? I thought. Is that another word for a part timer here? I asked myself and glanced accidentally at my watch. 8:30? Oh no, I don’t want to be late for my first day. “Uh, yes, I’m a trainee” I said boldly.

“Do you have your portfolio with you?” she asked again.

Does she mean my resume? I asked myself again and before thinking twice, I just nodded once more.

“Okay, then go the 3rd floor at room 315.” She said after looking at the computer screen on her desk.

“Oh, thank you so much.” I replied and bowed. Then I went and search for room 315.

 

Upon reaching the 3rd level, I walked along the hallways. I was contemplating on texting Mr. Kim and telling him that I seem to be lost when suddenly, someone bumped into me and I lost my balance, dropped my phone and fell on the floor.

“Ouch” I mumbled.

“Yah! Where do you think you’re going?” a male voice asked me. I was about to stand on my own when a hand appeared in front of my face.

“Hey Key, don’t shout like that, that was an accident.” The guy with the helping hand said to the other one. I took his hand and hoisted myself up. I bowed in front of the guy called key.

“I’m so sorry sir.” I apologized not wanting to create any enemies on my first day. “I wasn’t looking where I was going.” I added then looked up at him.  I was mesmerized as a pair of feline eyes gazed upon mine but shook my head as I saw the irritation in them and the frown on his face.

“No problem” the other guy answered in his place. “Key wasn’t looking also.” He added with a smile. I turned my attention to the guy who helped me up. He had a cute face with puppy dog eyes. His smile also reached his eyes and I couldn’t help but smile in return and I shyly murmured a word of thanks.

“Hi! I’m Jonghyun and this other guy right here is Key.” He introduced himself then pointed at the guy I bumped into. Key just shrugged as if he doesn’t care what Jonghyun was doing.

“I’m-”  my introduction was cut short as I saw that it was already 8:55 in my watch. “Uh, sorry I got to go or else I’ll be late.” I hurriedly told him and started to walk away. “I’m so sorry again Key-sshi for bumping onto you.” I added as I walk away.

 

“What a cute chick” Jonghyun murmured appreciatively as he watched the girl walking away hurriedly.

“Any girl is cute for you.” Key said irritatingly. “Let’s hurry up Jjong, Manager Jin is waiting for us at the office.” And Key started walking. Jonghgyun followed behind him.

“What’s with you?” Jonghyun asked his friend. “You’ve been like a bear since this morning.”

“It’s nothing.” Key answered nonchalantly.

“Is this because of the new assistant that Manager Jin told us this morning?” Jonghyun pressed again. Key shrugged again. “You don’t have to worry about that Key. Manager hyung only wants the best for us.” Jonghyun added.

“I know.” Key agreed. “But still, you can’t stop me or Onew for that matter, to worry that things might repeat again.”