Seventeen

I'm still falling for you

 

Jungmin sprinted from the bus stop to SME building carrying two large plastic bags with Shinee’s clothes in them.

Why the sudden change in weather?! Jungmin thought in annoyance as she tried sprint faster to avoid getting wet, well to avoid looking like a drowned rat since she was already a little drenched from the sudden downpour.

She left her dorm with the sun shining brightly to get the clothes for Shinee and just 10 minutes after leaving the laundry shop, rain poured heavily. It was a good thing that she was already in the bus when the rain fell heavily. As she got down from the bus, it was now just drizzling, but still enough to soak her if she didn’t run.

Jungmin was safely inside the SME building, placed the plastic bags she was carrying on the floor as she fished out her ID in her bag and flashed it to the guard to let her in. She was about to step in further when the guard blocked her way.

“I’m sorry miss, but I can’t let you in, in that state.” The guard told her frimly.

“Wae?” Jungmin asked him in confusion, she was wet from the rain, but not that wet. She looked down on herself. Only her pink shirt was soaked with rainwater, her jeans not that much. Only the lower part of her jeans was wet, and a few splashes of water could be seen up to the knee part.

“You’re creating a mess.” He told her again. “You’ll create more mess if I let you in.”

Jungmin frowned in annoyance at the guard’s logic. Her standing on the entrance with her wet shirt dripping created a puddle of water beneath her. If he just allowed her in, she would’ve run into the office and would’ve created lesser mess. Jungmin glanced at the guard and saw that his scowl deepened when she didn’t move an inch from her place.

It was 9 in the morning and there is an increase number of people coming and going in the building. Jungmin’s teeth chattered as she felt the cold seeping in her body every time the door opens and closes.

“Miss,” The guard called her out of her reverie. “Just step outside for a moment, you’re creating a pond in here.” He reminded her.

Jungmin bit her lower lip to prevent herself from answering back. Jungmin looked around and saw that a few people were staring at her. She calmed herself, not wanting to create a scene.

“If you would’ve let me pass then no puddle will be created” she murmured irritatingly to herself. “Can I leave this plastic bags here for a while then, they might get wet if I take them with me outside.” She asked the guard. The guard then nodded with a frown and told her to place the bag at the side so as not to block people coming in. After arranging the plastic bags at the side Jungmin stepped outside the building.

The cold air welcomed her as she stepped outside the warm building and Jungmin shivered, her arms crossed as she tried to keep herself warm. She then turned around facing the building and grimaced as she her reflection on the glass walls. Her brown hair was drenched and was hanging like a mop over her head and she weaved her hands on her hair trying to somehow make it look less “moppy”. After a few tries, she gave up and got her phone from her pocket and decided to let Chunja unni know her predicament. Jungmin frowned as she saw 3 missed calls noted on the screen. She didn't felt her phone vibrated, she must have been running when the calls came. She was about to checked who called her when her phone suddenly vibrated in her hands.

Jungmin almost dropped her phone in surprise. She looked at the screen and saw an unknown number calling her.

“Yeoboseyo?” She answered her phone as she placed it gingerly on her ear.

“Where are you?” a stiff reply came from the other line.

“Wae?” She asked in confusion. “Who is this?”

“Jaeyo noona said she saw you in the lobby, where are you?” the voice replied tersely. Was that frustration I’m hearing? Jungmin asked herself.

“I’m just outside SME building-” she started saying when the conversation was cut off. Jungmin frowned in confusion and looked at the hand phone’s screen once again. The phone call has ended.

Who from SME would’ve called me like that?Jungmin asked herself and shrugged her shoulders while quivering in the process. She then hastily dialed in Chunja’s number and placed her phone against her ear.

A towel flopped on Jungmin’s head as she waited for Chunja unni to answer the call. The towel covered her face. Jungmin removed the towel on her head and looked around her to see who dropped it.

She let out a small gasp as she came face to face with Key, an angry Key to be exact. Jungmin stepped back a little and gulped. Her mind wondering what the heck did she do again to make Key angry.

 

Key POV

Key immediately ran out of Manager Jin’s office with a white bath towel on hand when Jaeyo noona popped in the office and looked for Chunja noona. When the Shinee boys told Jaeyo noona that she was not around, she started to leave the room but said in passing that she thought she saw Jungmin at the lobby but doubted when the person she saw was drenched from the rain. It’s a good thing I brought my towel with me today. Key thought in passing.

Knowing Jungmin’s luck, the possibility of her being the rain drenched girl is great.Key thought as he hurriedly went to the lobby. Key reached the SME lobby and roamed around his eyes seeking for any girl that looked like Jungmin. No sign of a rain drenched girl. He thought as he saw no sign of her and shook his head with a half hearted smile and he saw the towel he was bringing along with him. Key chuckled at how he looks; he must have look so unfashionable with the towel on his hands. Key took a deep breath and frowned at his confused emotions. He didn’t know if he was supposed to be happy or not. He was happy because it means that Jungmin wasn’t the one drenched in the rain, but he was slightly sad because it is already past nine in the morning and he still hasn’t seen her.

“Erase that thought” he mumbled to himself. Why would he care if she didn’t see her at all? He scolded himself. He was about to go back to Manager Jin’s office when his phone vibrated. He pulled it out of his pocket and read the message.

            To: Key

            From: Jjong

Have you seen noona? Chunja noona said that she contacted the laundry shop

and Jungmin noona left there hours ago.

She tried calling her but there’s no answer on her phone.

 

Key sighed in frustration.I should’ve known her luck will be like this. Key then dialed Jungmin’s number and offered a silent thank you prayer when she answered his call.

“Yeoboseyo?” a hesitant voice answered. Key gripped his phone tightly upon finally hearing Jungmin's voice.

“Where are you?” Key stiffly replied as he tried to not sound so concerned. His pressed his ears against the hand phone more firmly trying to make out a sound and get a clue from where Jungmin was. All he could hear was the pitter patter of raindrops which was not a clue at all since the rain was pouring heavily again as he glanced outside.

“Wae?” She asked, her voice sounded confused. “Who is this?”

“Jaeyo noona said she saw you in the lobby, where are you?” He replied in a terse voice, trying to keep worry and frustration at bay. He was looking around at lobby looking for Jungmin while trying to keep his cool and trying not look like a manic person in search of something. He even smiled and bowed as some of the employees smiled at him and greeted him. His outside personified the cool and almighty looking Key while his insides were the opposite.

He was about to ask the lady at the reception desk when his gaze was caught by a pair of huge plastic bags near the entrance of SME. That is weird. Key thought and walked towards it trying to decipher what was written on the plastic bag. It has the logo of the laundry shop. His gaze then looked up and saw a silhouette of a girl against the glass walls outside the building.

“I’m just outside SME building-” she started saying when Key ended the conversation. He was at the door then and the guard smiled and greeted him which he didn’t notice at all when he Jungmin’s state.

She was shivering while dialing a number on her phone and placed it against her ears. She placed her other hand which was in a closed fist against and blew on it, trying to keep it warm.

Key approached Jungmin angrily as he saw how cold she was. He tossed the towel he was bringing over her head, covering her face not wanting to let her see him angry. Jungmin gasped froze and then removed the towel and turned to him in surprised. Her eyes widened and she took a step back and Key wondered why when he realized that he was still scowling.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

Yay! Finally another chapter.. so sorry for the late update..

Thanks for staying with me.. =)

Please leave your thoughts in the comment box.. hehe..

Thank you again!

P.S.

Please check my one shot fic about Taemin.. "Strangers on a bus"

yeah, it was the reason why i haven't updated sooner.. hehe..