Six

I'm still falling for you

 

Jungmin stepped in Manager Jin’s office and stood behind the closed door, not fully entering the room. She didn't expect what she saw as five fine looking young men were staring expectantly at her. Make that five great-looking young men. She corrected herself mentally and tried not to show outwardly how star-struck she was, where in fact, her insides were shaking and she didn’t even know why. Jungmin immediately noticed Jonghyun, the helpful guy earlier, as he was sitting near the door. Jonghyun smiled warmly upon seeing her. Manager Jin beckoned Shinee to stand up when Jungmin closed the door.

Onew stood up, followed by Jonghyun and Minho then Taemin. Taemin noticed Key still sitting on the couch and half pulled, half tugged Key to stand. Jungmin saw the extra movement and recognized the last guy to stand. Her eyes widened upon seeing Key, the guy she bumped into this morning. Oh great! What a way to start this job. She thought. Maybe, he has forgotten this morning incident. Jungmin hoped fervently.

“Ok, guys, this is Lee Jungmin, she will be your part time assistant.” Manager Jin introduced her. “She’ll be working with you for a month, so I HOPE you will not give her a hard time.” He added, putting emphasis on the word hope. Onew smiled innocently at their manager’s implication while Jonghyun smirked. “Go on, introduce yourself.” The manager motioned Jungmin.

“Uhm, annyeong, I’m Lee Jungmin, a 19 year old university student. I hope we can work well together.” Jungmin said in a soft voice, moved forward from where  she was standing and bowed.

“Annyeonghaseyo! I’m Onew, Shinee’s leader.” Onew introduced himself with his famous “eye smile” and bowed. “You can also call me Jinki.” He added with a grin. Jungmin couldn't help but grin back.

“Hi baby, I didn’t know we’ll meet again soon.” Jonghyun winked at her and smiled brightly. “I’m Jonghyun, the group’s lead singer. I’m looking forward to working with you” Jungmin smiled back, feeling comfortable with him since he's been so nice to her since they met.

“I’m Choi Minho, the group’s rapper.” Minho said in his low voice. 

"Hey, don't scare Jungmin with your low voice" Jonghyun elbowed him. "Don't worry Jungmin, Minho doesn't bite, maybe he'll show you his flaming charisma one of these days." he said with a laugh and Minho glared at him.

“Annyeong noona! I’m the group’s maknae, Lee Taemin” Taemin beamed happily and stepped forward. “Don't mind Jonghyun hyung and Minho hyung, its their way of welcoming you." Taemin looked at her closer and Jungmin can't help but blush. "You seem nice noona, and pretty too! I hope to work with you well also” he added warmly.  

"Yah! Don't crowd her too much maknae!" Jonghyun said loudly, lightly tapping the maknae's back making Taemin blush as well as he realized that he came too close. Everyone except Key laughed at Taemin's reaction.

"Sorry noona..." Taemin mumbled. Jungmin smiled at Taemin's spontaneity and innocence. "No harm done, Taemin"

Everyone then looked at Key.

“I’m Key.” He simply said and looks straight at Jungmin. “And to establish some ground rules, no cameras allowed while you’re with us” he added, as if warning her.

Jungmin was taken aback at Key’s aloofness. She just nodded in agreement to his ground rules to prevent irritating the latter. Is he still mad at me for bumping onto him? She thought.

Just then, a woman in her mid-twenties entered the room after knocking. All eyes went to her.

“Oh, am I disturbing you?” she said to no one in particular.

Manager Jin shook his head. “You actually came right in time. They were just introducing themselves”

“Jungmin, this is Chun-ja. She is Shinee’s personal assistant. Chun-ja, this is Jungmin, she will be helping you around for the meantime.” Manager Jin introduced them.

The girl was pretty with her long wavy hair that is tied neatly on a ponytail. Jungmin felt happy when she saw Chun-ja wearing jeans and shirt just like her. Jungmin bowed at Chun-ja and looked at her expectantly, waiting for her reaction and not wanting to create a bad impression.

“Thank goodness, you finally hired someone else!” Chun-ja exclaimed and smiled warmly at Jungmin. “I know there are only five persons in Shinee but I can’t accommodate them all with all their schedules. I'm so happy to finally have you on my side Jungmin”

Manager Jin chuckled at Chun-ja’s reaction. 

“I’m sorry Chun-ja noona, were we too much for you?” Onew asked worriedly.

Chun-ja shooked her head and smiled at Onew. “Aniyo Jinki, It’s just that this stupid manager of yours thinks I’m superman and can handle everything alone.” She said jokingly. “If it weren’t for you boys, I would’ve left this idiot a long time ago” she added cheerfully.

“Well then, it’s all settled that I’m stupid and an idiot, so should we move along?” Manager Jin grinned. “Jungmin, go with Chun-ja this day so you can familiarize yourself with the set-up.  Get my number from Chun-ja so you can contact me for any questions.” Manager Jin then faced Shinee. “As for you, let’s go to your radio guesting.”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Corner

Whew.. things will be getting interesting as Jungmin tags along with Shinee.. I'll also use different "real" events of Shinee but I won't be following the timeline.. I'll try to put different "real" Shinee events in a month that jungmin stays with them..

Thank you so much for the comments and subscribers! I really hope you enjoy reading this.. =)

I also accept positive criticism.. I know I have a lot of grammatical errors or poor character portrayal.. so it would be nice to hear your thoughts so I can improve.. Just don't bash me too hard kay?.. hehe..