Seven

I'm still falling for you

 

“It’s nice to finally have someone to work with, Jungmin right?” Chun-ja asked her when Shinee and Manager Jin left the room. Jungmin nodded.

“Ok, first give me your handphone and I’ll save my number and that idiotic person’s number” she told Jungmin. Jungmin handed her phone. She must be pretty close with manager Jin if she can get away from calling him such names. Jungmin thought. Chun-ja stared at Jungmin’s handphone.

“What’s the matter Chungja-nim?” Jungmin asked when her senior continued to stare at her handphone and seem to be fascinated by it. Chun-ja grinned and looked at Jungmin.

“I didn’t know that handphones without camera are still being sold today.” She teased Jungmin. Jungmin blushed at her senior’s comment.

“My parents gave that to me as a present when I entered middle school and I didn’t want to change it.” She explained shyly.

“Aigoo! You’re so cute.” Chunja said while laughing at Jungmin’s reaction. “I just find it hard to believe that you weren’t tempted to buy a new one with all the gadgets that come up nowadays.” She then keyed in her number and Manager Jin’s number then returned the phone.

“First thing first, this is Manager Jin’s office, but we can freely use it for our own. You can stay here if you have nothing to do and lounge around.” Chunja explained in a more serious tone. “Shinee also stays here when they have nothing to do or if they are waiting for their schedule. There is a pantry behind that door on the left and the comfort room is on that door beside the pantry. Just don’t touch the manager’s things, and don’t go near his desk.” Jungmin nodded as Chunja continued. Chunja then pointed at the small desk near the pantry door. It has a computer on it. “That computer is for everybody’s use. You can also use it and it is connected to the internet. That is useful in printing Shinee’s schedules and invitations for guestings.” She added and grabbed a key from her pocket.

“Here.” She said and gave the key to Jungmin and Jungmin took it. “That is the key to this office. Only Manager Jin, me, Shinee and you have a spare key so you better not lose it, or if you do, tell us immediately.” Jungmin nodded once again and kept the key in her pocket. Better buy a keychain for it or else I might misplace it. She reminded herself.

“Uhm Chunja-nim” Jungmin started to ask a question.

“You can call me unni, no need for formalities.” She said warmly. “And I’m happy to have a very cute dongsaeng.” She added and lightly pinched Jungmin’s cheek.

“Well, unni…” She said and Chunja beamed at her. “What are my other responsibilities? I mean, I know I have to help you do things but I can’t keep on bugging you when my task is finished.”

“Oh you’re right.” Chunja agreed and appeared to be deep in thought. “Well, aside from helping me whenever I need you on some things, you just have to be always there for the members.”

“Always be there?” Jungmin echoed and Chunja nodded.

“Yup! For example if they have an event, you have to provide their needs, like check if the organizer provided some lunch or snacks, if not, you have to be the one to arrange that but you don’t have to mind Manager Jin, he can fend for himself.” She added with a laugh. “Basically, you just have to give them what they need.”

“So that means, I’ll be tagging along with them than with you?” Jungmin asked again.

“Yes of course. But we still need to meet from time to time and coordinate to know what still needs to be done” Chunja said brightly. “Aren’t you lucky.” She added with a smile. Jungmin tried to smile as Chunja said those words. How can I be happy when someone is not that glad to see me? She asked to herself, her mind once again seeing Key’s irritated face.

“Follow me; I need your help in arranging the things that they will need on the Idol competition. I’ll tell you some details as we go along.” She said and went out of Manager Jin’s office and locked the room.

 

 

Shinee and Manager Jin rode on their van, with Manager Jin on the driver’s seat. Jonghyun sat in front. Onew and Key sat in the middle row and Minho and Taemin were at the back seat. All fastened their seatbelt as Manager Jin started the car.

“Now Key,” Manager Jin said as he looked in the rearview mirror to see Key at the back.  “Don’t be too hard on Jungmin ok? Let’s give her a chance. She is different from Soohee.” He reminded Key. Key nodded and stared at the window. Manager Jin sighed and started to drive.

“Manager hyung!” Taemin called out from the back. “Where did you meet Jungmin noona?” he asked curiously. “I’m sure you’ve screened her background strictly right?” he added for Key’s benefit.

“Aniyo.” Manager Jin answered truthfully. All Shinee eyes turned to him. Jonghyun eyes widened in surprise, Onew gaped and Minho shook his head. Then the three turned to see Key’s reaction.

“Yah!” Key said loudly to no one in particular and rolled his eyes. “Why do you keep on waiting for my reaction? Manager hyung told us to give her a chance, and I will.” He told them grudgingly.

“Really?” Jonghyun couldn’t help but react. Key glared at him.

“Yes, really” he said sweetly, with his eyebrow raised at Jonghyun and with a fake smile. Jonghyun raised both his arms as if surrendering. “That’s why I gave her some ground rules” he reminded them and everyone kept silent.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys, just edited my mistake regarding noona and unni.. =) Thank you so much for pointing it out vikkibeoMin, I really appreciate it.. hehe.. =) 

I'll try to update later in the afternoon.. =) Thank you so much new subscribers! =)