Thirty Five

I'm still falling for you

 

The twenty questions proved to be an entertaining game for Key and Jungmin as they didn’t notice how time flew by. Key explained to Jungmin that Jongkey started when he kept on pestering Jonghyun about the bet they made that he doesn’t even remember now. Jungmin glanced at him suspiciously.

“That’s all there was to it?” Jungmin asked him doubtingly and Key laughed at her expression.

“If it was another person asking I would’ve ignored that person right now and since it’s you…” Key said his voice trailing off and then he reached out towards Jungmin and pinched her cheek lightly. “I will forever answer your sneaky questions until you believe me.” He finished and released Jungmin’s cheeks. Jungmin rubbed her cheeks when Key released it.

“Fine!” Jungmin said “I believe you.”

Key grinned happy at her response.

“For now.” Jungmin added and held back her laughter when Key’s smile immediately vanished. A chuckle escaped from her when Key pouted.

“You really are sneaky.” Key said with a grin knowing that Jungmin was just teasing him. He then reached out and tickled Jungmin lightly on the waist causing the latter to squirm on her seat making her injured foot fall on the floor.

“Ow” Jungmin exclaimed as her foot hit the floor. She bit her lip to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall and she reached for her foot but Key beat her to it.

“I’m so sorry Jungmin. That was so careless of me.” Key told her in a worried voice. He was already kneeling in front of Jungmin with her injured foot cradled on his hands. He was rubbing it tenderly as if to erase the pain.

Jungmin can’t help but smile amidst the pain upon seeing Key’s worried face. His brows were furrowed tightly and he has also bitten his lips.

“I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry” Key said over and over again while continually rubbing Jungmin’s injured foot tenderly.

“Aniyo.” Jungmin told him softly. “It’s not really your fault Key.” She started telling him.

“Aniyo” Key said and shook his head vehemently. “If I hadn’t tickled you this wouldn’t have happened.”

“Then it is my fault because I provoked you to tickle me.” Jungmin logically concluded which made Key smile but Jungmin saw him held it back but his furrowed eyebrows loosening up lightly.

“Fine.” Key said. “We may be both at fault.”

“Ugh” Jungmin exclaimed and tilted her head back which made Key glanced up at her sharply wondering if he massaged her foot too hard causing her pain. Jungmin looked back at Key and smiled. “You are the most stubborn person I know.” She added which made Key grin.

 

“I never knew you were into footsies Jjong.” Jonghyun’s voice came from the side and both looked to their side and saw the four other members standing there. Jonghyun had a smirk on his face while Onew was looking anywhere but them. Taemin was grinning while Minho has his head lowered but Jungmin can tell he was laughing since his shoulders were slightly shaking. They didn’t hear them come in.

Jungmin blushed and immediately tried to remove her foot from Key’s grasp when she remembered that he was still holding it. She then winced when the sudden movement caused slight pain.

“Yah! Look what you’ve done.” Key scolded the four members but his glare was on Jonghyun. A look of concern and worry flashed on the other four’s faces.  Key then gently placed Jungmin’s injured foot back on the stool in front of her and stood up.  

“I’m okay. Don’t get mad at them Key.” Jungmin told him and Key sighed. The other four exhaled in relief.

“You shouldn’t be too nice with these bozos.” Key muttered when he couldn’t scold Jonghyun from making that comment.

“Don’t get too angry Key, we bought something.” Onew spoke up this time and raised a brown paper bag with a logo of a well-known Chinese restaurant in their area. Key’s eyes sparkled upon seeing the bag and immediately grabbed it from Onew and went to the kitchen.

“Nice save!” Jonghyun praised Onew which made Minho chuckle.

The three then went to their respective rooms after giving a hasty apology to Jungmin then leaving Taemin with her.

Taemin then bounced happily to Jungmin when he realized that there will be no nagging coming from Key anytime soon as long as Jungmin says so.

“Jungmin noona!” Taemin called out to her as he sat beside her on the sofa. Jungmin turned her attention to the maknae, his smile infecting her.

“How was your day Tae?” She asked him.

“It was not as tiring as the other day.” Taemin commented.

“What’s on your back?” Jungmin asked him when she noticed that Taemin was hiding his hands behind his back.

“I bought you a present.” He told her with a grin and Jungmin’s heart swelled, not expecting anything from the maknae.

“Hold out your hand.” Taemin instructed his noona. Jungmin then held her hands out, with her palms facing up.

“Tadah!” Taemin said in effect which made Jungmin laughed at his childish antics. A book was then placed in her hands.

“Wow! This is a book from my favorite author. I’ve always wanted to read this.” Jungmin said in awe as she saw the book cover. She smiled thankfully at Taemin. “Thank you so much Tae!” she added and opened her arms that Taemin went into and gave him a hug and a pat on the head.

“Do you really like it noona?” Taemin asked her when they separated and Jungmin nodded enthusiastically.

“I have never read this book because it was always out of stock in the bookstores.” Jungmin confirmed.

“Well, you mentioned that author once when you were helping me with an assignment I had so I got that for you.” Taemin explained happily. "I know that sitting all day will make you bored and i don't know any intersting shows so I bought you that to pass time."

“Thank you again Tae.” Jungmin said once again and ruffled the maknae’s hair, touched with his concern for her.

“So noona…” Taemin started saying and Jungmin looked at him questioningly. She thought that he would go to his room like his other hyungs after giving her the gift.

“What’s with you and Key hyung?” Taemin asked shyly his head lowered and not looking at Jungmin’s reaction.

“What do you mean Taemin?”  Jungmin asked him carefully unsure of what to answer.

“Well, Key hyung really likes you.” Taemin whispered softly and glanced at Jungmin then at Key who was busy preparing the food in the kitchen. Key seems oblivious to what they were talking about. The food that Onew bought and the sounds on the television made it safe for them to continue their conversation.

 “He really really REALLY likes you.” he added with so much conviction that made Jungmin chuckled. Taemin pouted at Jungmin’s reaction. “I’m serious noona” he told her and Jungmin stifled her laughter. "He was supposed to go with Jonghyun hyung today but he asked manager hyung if he could stay behind so that you won't be alone."

“He pretty much said that awhile ago.” Jungmin admitted to Taemin in a low voice. 

“He already did?” Taemin asked loudly in surprised and then placed his hands over his mouth when Jungmin motioned him to not be so loud. Taemin nodded. “Hyung is really fast.” He murmured more to himself. “So are you together now?”

“Aniyo.” Jungmin replied and shook her head.

“Wae?!” Taemin asked again. Jungmin took a deep breath. “Don’t you like him?” Taemin prodded worriedly.

Jungmin paused for a while thinking of ways on how to explain what transpired between her and Key awhile ago.

“Key hyung is really awesome noona!” Taemin burst out with his two thumbs up when she didn’t easily respond. “He’s good in cooking, shopping, everything! I’m sure he’ll take good care of you because he’s really good in taking care of us.” He continued in rambling on why Key and she would be good together.

Jungmin laughed at Taemin’s enthusiasm in selling off his hyung. “Tae, Tae… Stop it. If I didn’t know any better, I would have thought that you’re selling Key to me.” Jungmin .

Taemin pouted at Jungmin and shook his head. “Aniyo. If it were up to me I wouldn’t give Key hyung to you even if I really like you.” he murmured softly.

Jungmin was surprised at Taemin’s negative answer when he was practically giving Key to her a few seconds ago. Taemin then look back up to Jungmin with a serious look on his face.

“Then why are you trying to tell me that we should be together Tae?” Jungmin asked him softly.

“All I know is that Key hyung rarely ever showed any interest in anyone aside from you, whether its friendship or relationship. He always has this brick wall around him that he won’t let any other person come in. He rarely trusts other people because he says that they will only hurt or betray him one way or the other. It took a long time for us to be accepted as family rather than just workmates.” Taemin explained, his voice tinged with worry and sadness.

“But I see how he treats you and I know that you make him happy. I just want him to be happy.” Taemin told her as he looks straight into her eyes. “Please don’t hurt Key hyung.”

Jungmin bit her lip after hearing Taemin’s story. She now somewhat understood the elder’s action when they first met, how distant Key was then to her, but she still don’t know the reason why and she prefers to hear the reason why from Key himself.

“Does my hyung at least have a chance?” Taemin asked her then.

Jungmin looked at Taemin and started to answer when their attention was called by Key.

“What are you two talking about?” He asked them as he came towards them.

“Nothing much.” Taemin immediately said and stood from the couch.

“Really? You look serious.” Key asked them again suspiciously.

“Ne.” Taemin nodded. “Is dinner ready umma?” He asked Key, changing the topic and Key nodded absent mindedly thinking if he needs to push his question.

“Then I’ll go and get change then.” Taemin said with a smile and started to leave.

“Tae?” Key stopped him and Taemin looked at him

“Ne?”

“Call your hyungs. We should eat our dinner.” Key asked him and Tae nodded.

“Arasso.” He answered and glanced at Jungmin worriedly before going to his room.

 

"What was that all about?" Key asked Jungmin when Taemin left.

Jungmin then showed the book that Taemin bought for her with a smile. Key got the book and inspected it.

"Taemin bought it for you?" he asked her as he reads the back part of the book.

"Ne. He was afraid that I would get bored being stuck here with nothing to do." Jungmin replied happily.

"Aish that kid." Key mumbled and gave the book back to Jungmin.

"Wae?" Jungmin asked him when she saw his scowl.

"He moved faster than me. I should be the one showering you with gifts." Key said with a pout. His arms placed across his chest.

Jungmin chuckled at his reaction and lightly hit his arm that was closest to her.

"Do not worry. You already did." Jungmin told him with a smile,

"Really? What have I bought you?" Key asked while thinking deeply if he bought Jungmin anything. No matter how hard he thinks, his brain came up empty.

"Your gift of company." Jungmin said softly. "I heard that you were also invited to the program where Jonghyun went to but you refused knowing that I'll be here alone."

Key blushed at her response. "Who told you that?" He asked trying hard not to stammer.

"Secret!" Jungmin replied cheekily and Key laughed.

"Arasso." Key told her agreeing and not trying to find out who told her, maybe because he already knew. "But I don't consider that as a gift."

"Wae?" Jungmin asked this time. 

Key leaned onto her until their cheeks almost touches. Jungmin sat frozen as Key hovered over her and placed his mouth hear her ears.

"I did that for myself. I just wanted to be with you. My motives were purely selfish." he whispered softly on her ear sending shivers on her spine.

 

"Dinner!" Onew said loudly as he entered the room announcing his presence. Key then straightened up as soon as he heard Onew. Jungmin then lowere her face trying to hide the blush that she was sure on her face.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi! Finally! a new chapter... Whew!

I'm so sorry for the long wait... Ever since 2012 started I've been busy so I haven't had time to update.. Mianhe..

I will try my very best not to take this long in updating.. I'm seriously disappointed in me.. aish..

On a lighter note.. Thank you guys for not giving up on me.. =)

Thank you for continuously reading this and I hope that I met your expectations even in a little way.. =)

For my subscribers who takes their time to comment... Thank you! I hope you know how happy I am to hear your thoughts..

From now on I'll try to comment on your thoughts as well.. hehe..

Thank you new subscribers! =)

Thank you for reading!

 

P.S.  

SHINee's BACK!!!!

*spazz*