Thirty One

I'm still falling for you

 

“Key” Jungmin cried out in relief.

“Why the heck were you running away from me?” Key asked her in an anxious tone. “Are you ok?” he added worriedly as he squatted in front of her.

“I thought you were a kidnapper or something.” Jungmin murmured softly, her head lowered while trying to catch her breath.

Key laughed at her reply and Jungmin glanced back up at him.

“Wae?” Jungmin asked him with a frown.

“I’ve never been pegged as a kidnapper before.” Key replied still chuckling.

“C’mon, let’s get you home. Teukie hyung might get mad at me for taking up more of his time.” He told her and straightened up. He held out his hand for her and Jungmin hesitantly grabbed the hand offered.

Jungmin’s breath quickened upon contact and glanced at Key, he was staring at her intently and she couldn’t read his eyes. She looked away when she felt her cheeks heat up and cleared . She had just calmed down after scaring herself and now having Key in front of her made her heart beat fast again. I hope I won't have a heart attack any minute now. Jungmin thought and then hoisted herself up as Key tightened her hold on her.

“Ouch” Jungmin gasped as she stepped on her right foot, she instinctively placed both her hands on Key’s shoulder for support and glanced at her right foot.

“What happened? Are you okay?” Key asked worriedly and glanced at her foot as well. His arms held Jungmin’s arms that were on his shoulder.

“I can’t step on my right foot.” Jungmin answered softly as she gingerly placed her right foot against the pavement and hissed when the pain shoots up again, and she wobbled in Key’s arms.

“Pabo!” Key exclaimed and tightened his hold on her arms. Jungmin looked up at Key upon hearing him. “Don’t try to step on it anymore, you might get hurt more.” He told her firmly, his eyes staring at her with a worried expression.

Jungmin’s eyes’ widened and her breath caught in as she realized how close they were. What’s this? What’s with this indescribable pull? Jungmin’s mind panicked.

“Wae?”  Key asked when she remained silent. “Does it hurt even if you don’t step on it?” he asked again when she still didn’t answer.

“Aniyo” Jungmin mumbled when she realized that Key was waiting for her answer and lowered her head, she could feel the heat pooling on her cheeks.

She had never been this close to Key. She was mesmerized by his eyes. A weird feeling ran through her as her hands itch to touch his cheeks just to check if it is as soft as it looks. His chest only inches away from her makes her want to lean on it as if it would make her feel safe. How can a man be this beautiful? Jungmin can’t help but ask herself, the throbbing pain on her foot just flitting on her consciousness.

“ –can you?” Key asked her.

Jungmin looked back at him with a blank expression. She was busy inching slowly away from him in a way that he wouldn’t notice that her brain didn’t processed his question. She was successful in creating a “space” in between them, if you call an inch a space since her hands are now holding his arms instead of his shoulders.

“Can you repeat what you said?” Jungmin asked again. “I didn’t quite catch it.”

“Did you also hit your head?” Key asked with a frown and he placed her right hand back on his shoulder while his left hand massaged her head to check if there’s a bump somewhere.

So much for creating space. Jungmin thought and then gasped when Key moved her right hand back to his shoulder as she accidentally touched his neck in the process.

“Does that hurt?” Key asked her, slightly massaging the same spot on her head where she gasped. “There’s no bump, but if it hurts, we should let the doctor check it out.” He suggested.

“No!” Jungmin gaped.

Key’s eyebrows rose at her reaction.

“I mean no doctor, it’s not painful.” She explained to him.

“Are you sure?” Key asked her, his eyes boring on hers and Jungmin nodded. “But you’re foot-“

“-Is fine.” Jungmin finished his sentence. “I don’t think it’s serious, maybe I just twisted it in a wrong way.” She added. Jungmin then cautiously rotated her ankle and held back a grimace as pain hit her once more.

“Let’s just go see a doctor.” Key said again, more firmly this time.

“I don’t like hospitals.” Jungmin said and can’t help but pout. Key chuckled at her reaction and Jungmin frowned at him.

“What are you? a child?” Key . “That might be a fracture or a sprain so it’s better to be safe. Just trust me on this” he said in a more serious tone and Jungmin bit her lip as she nodded at his request.

Key then looped her right hands on his shoulder placed his left arm around Jungmin. “Just put your weight on me and we’ll take small steps to the car.”

With that, Jungmin held on Key as if he was her crutch, a handsome crutch that is, that scolds her if she placed too much weight on her injured foot as they hobbled towards the car. Jungmin let out a chuckle and Key looked at her quizzically.

“I now know why they call you umma.” Jungmin commented upon seeing his curious expression.

“Yah!” Key admonished her. “Shinee are the only ones who can call me umma.” He told her.

“Why do you allow them?” Jungmin asked curiously, they were halfway to the car.

“It’s their payback for me nagging them so much and always reminding them to do their chores.” Key explained. “Then the name stuck.”

“Don’t you get offended?” Jungmin prodded. Key laughed at her question.

“What happened?” Leeteuk asked them as he got off the driver’s seat and approached them as they were near the car.

“Oppa!” Jungmin greeted him in surprise and threw a questioning look to Key.

“Well, I can’t drive here on my own, so I asked Teukie hyung for a favor.” He told her. “I’m so sorry for the trouble hyung.” Key added this time facing Leeteuk.

Leeteuk shook his head. “Don’t worry about it. I told you its fine by me. But what happened?” he asked again as she stared at Jungmin standing on one foot while anchored to Key.

“She pegged me for a kidnapper.” Key said, his eyes twinkling with laughter. Leeteuk laughed after hearing Key’s answer.

“Jinja?” He asked again, staring at Jungmin and she nodded in embarrassment. “That’s a good one. I’ve never heard of that before. That’s why you were running so fast.” Leeteuk said still laughing.

“Because of that she tripped somewhere, hence the foot.” Key added.

“C’mon, I’ll carry you to the car.” Leeteuk said and carried Jungmin bridal style to the backseat of the car that Key opened. “Comfy?” he asked as he laid her on the seat. Jungmin nodded once again.

“I’m sorry for the trouble oppa.” Jungmin murmured softly, her head lowered. Leeteuk ruffled Jungmin’s hair.

“I told you that you should treat me like your brother and I’m glad you did.” Leeteuk replied with a smile. “May I check your foot?” he asked again and Jungmin hesitated. “Living with 11 rowdy guys somehow made me a good expert in checking if this kind of accident is serious or not.” He added.

“Let Teukie hyung see it Jungmin. Or else we’ll go straight to the hospital.” Key added from behind Leeteuk, threatening her. Jungmin smirked at his threat and nodded shyly at Leeteuk.

Leeteuk crouched down beside her, the car door still held open by Key. Leeteuk rolled up Jungmin’s pants and removed her sneakers and sock. He prodded her ankle gently, slowly rotating it, stopping when Jungmin gasped or moaned in pain. He then stood up and his two dongsaeng’s looked at him expectantly.

Leeteuk rubbed the back of his neck. “Well, I don’t think its fracture…”

“That’s great! That means no hospital.” Jungmin cheered while looking at Key with an “I told you so” look, then grimaced when she accidentally stepped on her injured foot making Key smile cheekily at her.

“But I think you need to let a doctor check it.” Leeteuk continued. “Just to be on the safe side.” He added when he saw Jungmin’s eyes widened.

Key grinned after hearing Leeteuk’s suggestion and clapped his hands. Jungmin and Leeteuk looked at him. “Let’s go then.” He told them. Leeteuk nodded and want to the driver’s seat.  Jungmin reached out to close her door but Key held on to it.

“Wae?” Jungmin asked him grumpily.

“This is for you ok? So don’t get mad.” Key told her softly and Jungmin’s face softened.

Key then closed Jungmin’s door and got onto the passenger seat.

“Where to?” Leeteuk asked him while they put their seatbelts on.

“Our dorm.” Key stated.

Jungmin and Leeteuk stared at him in surprise.

“I thought you wanted a doctor to check her?” Leeteuk asked him and started the car. Jungmin nodded at the back in agreement but remained silent. Who was she to defy Key’s order when that’s what she wants? Jungmin thought silently.

“I think my place would be better.” She butted in.

“Absolutely not!” Key and Leeteuk said in unison glancing at the backseat. Jungmin’s eyes widened in surprise and raised both her hands in surrender.

“Just suggesting.” Jungmin muttered and leaned back on the seat.

“Our physician will check her at the dorm.” Key explained to Leeteuk as the older one started driving towards Shinee’s dorm.

“Are you sure Key? I don’t want to bother you anymore. I’ll be ok…” Jungmin said sleepily, her eyes already closed, her body now throbbing in different parts due to exhaustion, but the pain on her right ankle was prominent than the rest. She then placed her hands over her stomach as she felt it grumble reminding her that she hadn’t eaten since lunch. She hoped that the two in front didn’t hear it, she doesn’t have the energy to eat now, and she’d rather sleep. How she wished that Key would just drop her in her dorm so she could curl on her bed and sleep.

Key glanced at Jungmin when he heard her mumble and smiled quietly when he saw her sleeping, her face with a slight frown. Must have been the pain on her foot. Key thought and frowned as well.

“Are you sure about not bringing her to the hospital?” Leeteuk asked again as he drive towards the dorm.

Key nodded. “I already send a message to manager hyung to contact our doctor and informed him of Jungmin’s condition.” He informed his senior.

“Wow, you’re fast.” Leeteuk said with a chuckle, glancing at Key and noting his worried expression. “What did manager hyung say?”

“He was the one who suggested bringing Jungmin to the dorm since she was living alone. The doctor will be brought there.” Key replied.

“Really?” Leeteuk said in surprise.

“Yes.” Key confirmed. “I was quite surprised but I was too relieved because now I can keep an eye on her.”

They arrived in Shinee’s dorm in a short while and Leeteuk parked the car near the entrance. They both got off the car and Key opened the backseat door. Jungmin was still sleeping.

“I’ll carry her inside.” Leeteuk offered and Key stepped aside. Leeteuk then picked Jungmin up and carried her bridal style. Key closed the car door then went ahead Leeteuk, opening the door for them.

“Key” Jungmin mumbled softly in her sleep.

Leeteuk glanced at his dongsaeng and smiled. He glanced at Key and the other boy did not seem to hear Jungmin calling his name in his sleep. They then both rode the elevator and went off at Shinee’s floor. Key punched in the code of the door and it opened.

 

“Where is she?” Onew asked as he saw Key entered the living room. He was sitting in the couch watching television to pass time while waiting for Key and Jungmin.

“She’s here.” Leeteuk answered as he followed Key from behind. 

“Annyeonghaseyo Leeteuk hyung!” Onew greeted his senior with a bow.

Leeteuk grinned at how Onew remain polite at his seniors. Even if he told him not to be so formal Shinee’s leader still uses formal tones.

“Hyung, this way.” Key called him from the hallway.

Key led Leeteuk to their manager’s room.

Leeteuk entered the room that Key led him too. He glanced around and saw the bed prepared and the a/c .

“So whose room is this?” Leeteuk asked softly as he placed Jungmin carefully on bed so as not to wake her up. Key assisted him by holding Jungmin’s injured foot.

“It’s the manager’s room.” Key answered then placed the duvet over Jungmin’s shoulders when Leeteuk stepped aside.

“What a heavy sleeper.” Key mumbled as he straightened up and stared at Jungmin sleep.

Leeteuk cleared his throat when Key remained silent.

Key then looked at him and smiled sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck. He then the lamp that was on the bedside table and turned off the fluorescent in the room. The lamp gave a soft glow in the room making it more conducive for sleeping. He then ushered Leeteuk out of the room and closed the door after casting one last look to the sleeping form in the bed.

Onew stood up once again when he saw Leeteuk and Key entering the room.

“Thank you so much again Leeteuk hyung for driving me around.” Key told Leeteuk once again when they reached the living room.

“Like I told you, I would have volunteered for this if I knew, so I’m really happy that I’m the one you ask.” Leeteuk told him once again.

“Leeteuk hyung, you could stay for the night since it’s past eleven in the evening.” Onew offered politely with a warm smile.

“Aniyo. I’m ok. I can drive back to our dorm.” Leeteuk refused. “I won’t wait for the doctor and your manager ok?” he added.

“Of course.” Onew replied. The two Shinee boys then thank Leeteuk once again and Leeteuk went off.

“Where are the others?” Key asked as soon as Leeteuk left.

“They are already sleeping. Minho and Taemin have a variety show at eleven in the morning.” Onew reminded Key and he nodded.

“What about you?” Key asked him. “Don’t you have a radio guesting as well?”

“Don’t mind me.” Onew said and shook his head. “That’s still in the afternoon.”

“You can take a rest hyung. I’ll wait for manager myself.” Key told him and sat on the couch. "I don't have a schedule tomorrow."

“I don’t want to leave you alone.” Onew replied.

“I’ll accompany him hyung.” A voice said from the hallway.

Onew and Key turned to the voice and saw Jonghyun standing sleepily on the hallway. 

“Jonghyun, I thought you were already asleep.” Onew exclaimed.

“I just slept a little while waiting for Jung- I mean Key.” Jonghyun mumbled and yawned. “Go to bed hyung, you have schedule tomorrow.” He added while stretching his arms.

“Well then, I won’t refuse that offer.” Onew said with a grin. “Goodnight you too.” He bid them and went to his room.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

What an awesome readers you are! *cheers*

You guessed the "mystery" person.. hehe..

But then again, I'm quite predictable.. (hits head)

I was thinking of making the "mystery" person Eunmi just to oppose you.. (insert evil laughter)

But I couldn't do that.. too much tension for me.. O_o

Sorry if I'm taking too long to update.. I was busy wrapping gifts..

It's that time of the year..^_^

Can you feel the season?..

Thank you so much for your comments!!!

You keep me sane.. haha..