Chapter 36

Why?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Meanwhile.

When Jongin and Kyungsoo left, the rest was quiet. They didn't know what or how to react on the situation. Everyone's attention returned when they all heard a phone ringing.

"Oh, it's mine. Excuse me." Baekhyun said.

When he looked at his phone, he noticed that it was his mysterious friend.

"Why is he calling?" Baekhyun wondered before he answered.

He placed his phone in his ear and listened to the voice on the other side.

"Baekhyun.."

"Uhh, yes?" Baekhyun noticed that the voice is quite familiar.

"How are you?"

"I'm good. Why did you called? Is there a problem? Because you never called before."

"I was just wondering.."

"What is it?"

"Have you ever wondered who I am and why I know a lot of things about you?"

"I do. Why?"

"Do you want to know who I am?"

"Yeah."

"Like.. right now?"

"Uh, but I'm not in the city. I'm in an island right now."

"I know. I'm here too."

"What?! How did you come here?"

"It doesn't matter. You'll know it when you see me. So.. do you want to know who I am?"

Baekhyun was silent for a while. He thought about the situatuion since he doesn't feel right at the moment.

"Uhh, yeah. I do."

There was a silence on the other line. Baekhyun heard the person on the other line took a deep breath before answering, 

"Just promise me, Baekhyun..."

"What is it?"

"Just listen to me until the end. Whatever happens, I just want you to listen to me. I don't care if you'll hate me or what but just listen to me, okay?"

Baekhyun suddenly felt uneasy. He didn't know why but he suddenly felt scared and nervous.

"I promise."

"Okay. Meet me by the lighthouse after one hour okay?"

"Okay."

He returned back to his friends and he saw Chanyeol who also just returned.

"Who was that, Baekhyun-ah?" Luhan asked.

"It was just a friend hyung." Baekhyun answered not fully explaining.

He returned his attention to Chanyeol who was looking a lot nervous and edgy.

"Yah giant! What's wrong with you? What happened to you and Jongin?"

"What?" Chanyeol answered with a little higher pitch than his usual voice that cause everyone to laugh.

"Yah! What's wrong with you, Chanyeol-ah?" Suho asked.

"Nothing hyung. I think I'm just tired. I'll leave first okay?" And with that, he left immediately towards their room, not the tent.

"Oh, sure okay. Then let's go too since it's already late." Minseok suggested and everyone agreed.

When everyone stood up, they noticed that Baekhyun was still sitting in his place.

"Oh, you're staying?" Lay asked.

"Uh, yes. I'll stay for a while since I'm not yet sleepy. You guys go ahead."

"You sure?" Sehun asked.

"Yeah. I'm sure. Good night everyone."

"Good night Baekhyun!" 

He lay on the sand gazing the sky, appreciating the beauty of the starry sky. And as he look at the sky he can't help but feel that something is missing but he doesn't know what. 

"Agh, why am I feeling so emotional right now." He scolded himself. He stood up, clean himself up and wander around the beach. He's still contemplating whether to meet that guy or not. He felt scared because there was something off when he heard the guy's voice.

"Should I meet him?" He asked himself. He felt his phone vibrate and checked it. He saw a text from that guy.

I'll be waiting, Baekhyun.

"Fine, I'll go then." He said to himself and went to the lighthouse without knowing what was waiting for him there.

Chanyeol was sweating bullets as soon as he left their friends. The phone call with Baekhyun almost killed him and now he doesn't know what to do and how will he tell Baekhyun everything. He's scared that Baekhyun might hate him if he knew that Chanyeol knew him longer that he knows and he doesn't know how he will be able to handle all of that. 

He went back to their room and asked the helpers there to help him set up something. He had planned it long before, even before he found Baekhyun. He promised himself before that he'll bring Baekhyun here whenever they meet again. And since they are here, he'll continue his plan before.

I hope Baekhyun will come and he'll listen to me.

When the preparations are all done, he took out his phone and texted Baekhyun that he will be waiting because he felt that Baekhyun might not come.

All that was needed was Baekhyun and everything will be done.

Baekhyun arrived at the lighthouse but it was dark.

He took out his phone and lighted the path in front of him. He saw something flicker on his side and saw a candle being lit but still being engulf by the darkness.

When his eyes adjusted from the dark, he noticed a silhouette of a man.

"Who's there?"

Silence.

He was getting scared. He tried to light the place with his phone but he felt a hand touching his face and instead of getting scared, he felt secured. The figure hugged him in the dark. Baekhyun give up on trying to light up the place. He felt someone kissed him in his forehead and all he did was closed his eyes. Few seconds later, he felt alone again. The figure moved away thus leaving Baekhyun alone.

"Where are you? Show yourself."

He saw something flicker in his back and suddenly, lights continuously light up the place.

It took a few minutes before Baekhyun's eyes adjusted to the sudden lighting of the place but when he realize who was in front

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter