Chapter 71 : TWICE's Managers [Part 4]

Jinho's Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

27 January 2017 (Friday), 3.30 p.m.

 

Jinho : No! I don't want to!

Jeongyeon : Oppa, it's just a drink! We got it for you.

 

I enjoyed the meal, but avoided drinking the beer that the girls' have bought for me.

After having one with Sana today, I was already feeling a little woozy, so if I were to take one more, there is a good chance I could get drunk. I cannot let that happen while I'm at work as the girls' manager. If possible, I do not want them to ever see me drunk!

Still currently in their living room, we were standing while arguing about drinking the beer.

 

Jinho : I don't want to do this while I work. It's not professional.

Sana : We don't want oppa to drink a lot, or get drunk. We bought it for you to enjoy with your meal.

 

They were being forceful, trying to get me to drink the beer. Is it really because they want me to enjoy it, and not getting drunk in the process?

 

Jinho : Really?

 

I looked at the can of beer on the table, trying to convince myself to go for it, but I continued to hesitate. I was too scared of what would happen, or what I would do if I get drunk.

My heart was beating so fast, and I felt like I was going to have another panic attack.

 

Jinho : But you girls don't mind if I still don't want to... right?

 

They were surprised by my sudden soft voice. I was practically begging them to stop. At that moment, the girls could see that I was actually scared and really did not want to drink the beer.

Dahyun got very worried of me and quickly tried to stop Sana from going any further.

 

Dahyun : I think that's enough, unnie. He doesn't want it, so let's not force him.

Sana : Mmm... I understand.

 

Sana took a step back away from me, giving me my space. Once she did, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Slowly, I began calming myself down as I was finally free from the situation.

As I was doing so, Mina came over and grabbed my hands, which surprised me for a moment. She had the worrying-look on her face that I used to see a lot last year.

 

Mina : Are you okay, Jinho?

Jinho : Yes, yes! I'm fine.

 

Mina brought me over to sit on the couch. She could tell I was not completely fine yet. Dahyun later joined us on the couch, asking if I was okay. I reassured to all of them that I was fine.

A few minutes later, we heard the door open and two girls entered. It was Nayeon and Momo.

 

Momo : We're home!

Jeongyeon : Welcome back.

 

Nayeon and Momo saw us in the living room. They were confused as they felt some tension in the air. Everyone was quiet, and anyone could tell Mina and Dahyun were comforting me.

 

Nayeon : Did something happen before we came in?

Jinho : It's nothing, Nayeonie. We were just talking about lunch.

 

Suddenly, all the other girls gave me a look. I could tell it was not going to be quiet anymore.

 

Dahyun : "Nayeonie"?!!

Mina : Oppa, since when do you call her "Nayeonie"?

 

Me and Nayeon got embarrassed as we began explaining ourselves. It began a while after my unplanned date with Nayeon last December.

While that was going on in the living room, Momo went to the kitchen to talk to Sana, who was being very quiet.

 

Momo : Did he drink the beer?

Sana : No, he said he didn't want to.

 

Looking at her face, Momo could tell that it went terrible for Sana. However, Momo was not ready to give up!

She looked at the table and saw the can of beer.

 

Momo : Oppa, is this beer yours?

 

She went over to the table and picked it up to show it to me.

Since this was coming from Momo, I knew that this was going to lead us back to the earlier situation. I hesitated again, not wanting to answer her.

Mina noticed this and quickly intercepted, before I was given the chance to answer.

 

Mina : No, it's not. It's mine.

 

Everyone else, including me and Momo, were surprised by Mina, who was trying to protect me from drinking the beer. She got off the couch and took the beer from Momo's hand.

Momo couldn't say anything about Mina's lie, as at the time, I did not know that Momo knew about the earlier beer situation. However, with her quick-thinking, she found a way to use Mina's lie against her.

 

Momo : You shouldn't drink it if you're sick. Maybe Jinho can drink it for you? Be her knight?

 

I looked at Mina, who was speechless. She did not have any way of responding back to Momo's suggestion. It is true that she was sick and should not drink the beer, but she does not want me to drink it either. It was quite a dilemma for her.

Seeing Mina in trouble, I quickly responded for her.

 

Jinho : You're saying if I don't drink this, Mina has to?

Momo : It doesn't matter if it's her. Anyone here can drink it instead. The question is... will you be our knight in shining armor?

 

So this will all end once the beer is done and gone?

As I began considering drinking the beer, I got up and walked towards Mina and Momo.

 

Jinho : I am your manager...

Mina :

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter