Chapter 60 : New Year Sunrise

Jinho's Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

31 December 2016 (Saturday), 8.15 p.m,

The last day of the year. The day that will conclude how well the year went for me. It's my last chance to make 2016 one of the best years of my life.

So many things have happened this year. I've lost things, but I've found things too. As meaningful as the year has been for me, it's time to prepare for a new beginning.

Sunrise festivals are very popular at this time. Many people look forward to catching the first sunrise of the year. We've decided to have our own private little sunrise festival.

 

Jinho : Are you sure this bus will take us to Heukseok-dong?

Sungho : I'm sure. I know the best way there. You guys just need to trust me!

 

We decided to go to the Yongbongjeong Park, located in Heukseok-dong, a neighborhood in the Dongjak District of Seoul. A travel writer, Choi Gabsu, recommended a certain spot there for watching sunrise and sunset. We'll take his word for it. It's our best shot at finding a good spot without there being too many people around.

While we were on the bus, we decided to open up a bit and share our favorite moments of the year.

 

Joo : My marriage, obviously!

 

Everyone teased Joo for his 'confession'. Admittedly, I do believe that thanks to Yeeun, he's became more mature, outgoing, and even simply more happy.

 

Sungho : I loved that episode when you and Jinho hyung cooked for CLC. You two hid yourselves in the dark like robbers!

Jinho : I know! We were so scared at the time! They would have screamed if we didn't think of something!

Joo : I'll admit that I didn't plan that well, but thank you for helping me back then, hyung!

Jinho : Your hyung will help you anytime. I had fun back then.

Joo : What about you, hyung? What's your favorite moment?

Sky : No, Joo! We'll save Jinho hyung for last! My turn to share.

 

He took his time, thinking of his most memorable moments of the year, but thinking of those moments made him feel emotional.

 

Sky : This is really the last night of 2016...

 

We went towards Sky and hugged him. We did our best to comfort him while playing around.

 

Jinho : 2017 will definitely be better! Just you wait, Sky!

 

Sky laughed as I managed to cheer him up. He then shrugged us off of him, forcing us to return to our seats.

 

Sky : My favorite moment was when I took care of you after your accident, hyung.

Jinho : Why?

Sky : Ever since then, I felt like we had more adventures than we ever had before. We've hung out more together, and I got to be friends with TWICE too! All that made this year incredible...

 

I couldn't help but smile as I put my arm around his shoulder and pulled him closer.

 

Jinho : Do you like Dahyun that much?

Sky : Not at all! If anything, I think she likes me.

 

All of us laughed at Sky's arrogant answer. It was obvious that he's just playing around. In response, I playfully nudged his head.

 

Sky : Yah! Stop it! Somebody else start sharing now!

Q : I have a favorite moment!

 

We turned our attention to Q, wondering what it could be? I can't even guess because of how little I've interacted with him compared to the others.

 

Q : It was when we did the Avatar game.

Jinho : Avatar? Why?

 

Q gave a mischievous smile. He was about to explain before Joo interrupted him.

 

Joo : Hyung! It's because he hugged a lot of girls that day!

Sungho : That's right! And I only told you to hug ONE girl!

 

Q just laughed to himself as we lightly pushed him around. I never realized what a ert he was, but it was still nothing compared to me in my opinion.

 

Q : At least it was just hugs! I'm not like Jinho hyung! He probably had kissed at least one girl!

 

I acted innocent and clueless to his accusation.

 

Jinho : What are you talking about? The most I've had with girls were just hugs.

 

Everyone else smirked. They had no evidence or even saw me kiss a girl, but they knew that I probably have.

 

Sungho : Wah... you really think we're stupid, hyung?

Sky : Be honest! How many girls?

Jinho : Like I said, I have no idea what you're talking about.

 

As I looked away, I used my hand to signal them, gesturing the number '3' with my fingers.

They all noticed it. They laughed as I decided to reveal it, despite acting clueless earlier.

 

Sky : I guess when you turn 21, you can do stuff like this.

 

I laughed as I was dumbfounded by Sky's statement. I put my hand on his shoulder and gave him an advice.

 

Jinho : Don't learn from this hyung. It's not at all as fun as it sounds!

 

He could only laugh towards my funny advice. Shortly after, he nodded back, playfully accepting it.

 

Sky : Okay! Now it's Sungho!

Sungho : That's easy! Halloween.

 

Sungho smiled, but the rest of us moaned in despair when he mentioned Halloween. That night was not only tiring, but also stupid. We didn't eat the food at all five parties. We walked to each party, danced all night, and even had to keep our helmets on the whole time. We are not doing that again next year.

 

Q : Only you would think that night was enjoyable!

Sungho : You all agreed to do it! No one forced you guys!

Sky : Sungho, even I have to admit that I hated it. I slept in the Stormtrooper suit! That's how tired I was when we got back!

 

Sungho pouted as we expressed different opinions of that night compared to him. I tried to think about the good times to help change his mood back.

 

Jinho : We did get to crash JYP's party. I think that was awesome...

Sky : I guess it was. Who did I dance with that night? We danced with TWICE before having a dance battle with Got7.

Jinho : You danced with Jeongyeon!

Sky : Oh yeah... By any chance, do you have her number?

 

We all began pushing Sky around. He just laughed as he was slightly embarrassed of what he just said. The nerve on this guy...

 

Sky : Okay! Okay! Hyung, it's finally your turn!

Jinho : All right, guys! Enough pushing him around! Listen up.

 

After successfully saving Sky from possible bruises, I had to make a decision. I probably shouldn't take this too seriously either. The others were able to choose a favorite moment. I can't be any different.

 

Jinho : I guess... my first date.

 

As I said it, I looked down to the windbreaker I was wearing underneath my snowcoat. This windbreaker was special because this was Mina's Christmas present to me. It is identical to the one that she bought for me on our first date. I know because I could never forget it. It was the first present Mina has ever gotten for me.

I expected them to groan or tease me for my answer, but they didn't. Instead, they just smiled. Could it be that they expected it?

 

Q : Hyung, why don't you give her a call?

Jinho : Right now?

Sungho : Well, she can't still be busy at this time. Plus, it's New Years Eve!

Jin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter