Chapter 40 : The Broadcast [Part 1]

Jinho's Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

21 October 2016 (Friday), 11 p.m.

Ever since our comeback, LightUp Entertainment has been developing plans on how De1 and other future artists can communicate and interact with fans. Due to De1's new popularity, it's about time they get to know more about us.

Right now, I'm in a room by myself. Inside the room, there is a desktop setup with a camera, microphone and headset. The room functions as a broadcasting room for LightUp artists to broadcast themselves live on the company's official public website.

This will be the first broadcast. It is meant to be for an hour long and done so every Friday night. To make it more fun, I recommended attaching an Aux cable, so that songs from our phone can be played in the background and fans will get to know our preference in music. As I the camera, I began the broadcast.

 

Jinho : Hello, guys! This is De1's Jinho. Thank you so much for joining me in LightUp Entertainment's first artist broadcast!

 

As I look at the monitor, a lot of people had begun chatting. To join the chatroom, they simply had to create a username. As I introduced myself, messages instantly came flooding.

 

Jinho : Wah! This is so nice! I'm gonna play the first song for this broadcast. How about 'Tell Me Goodbye' by Big Bang? This is one of my favorite songs on my playlist.

 

I connected my phone and played the song. I'm glad it worked. I could hear it through the headset I was wearing.

 

Jinho : Okay! Let's start! I know a lot of you guys must have questions for me. I'll be reading out certain questions you guys have posted and do my best to answer them. Are you guys ready? Here we go!

 

I scrolled through the questions. I saw one that captured my interest. It said...

 

[ greyhoundwolf ] : Is it an advantage as a trainee to know more than one language?

 

I laughed after reading it out for the viewers. I even had to speak the name in an American accent because it was all alphabets. I turned to look at the camera.

 

Jinho : Wow good question! I can only tell you based on my experience as the first trainee in LightUp. The answer is yes! I think it is the main reason why the CEO wanted me to join. The company was still starting up, so it's totally understandable to have a singer that has no problem communicating and representing the group. However, the new company policy basically states that it doesn't matter how many language you know, you just have to be great during your audition. Hopefully, you'll get a call back. Thank you, greyhoundwolf, for that question.

 

I was glad that he asked that question. Somehow, I felt more grateful for what I'm doing now.

 

Jinho : Next one! This name looks very friendly.

[ JhinJhin ] : Are you dating Dahyun from TWICE?

 

This question really takes me back to when me and Dahyun first became friends. I giggled a little thinking about it.

 

Jinho : Here's what's funny to me. I used to hate people asking me that. Now, I'm sort of happy getting this question. It shows how long I've been friends with her. By the way, the answer is no. It's because Got7's Jackson disapproves of our relationship.

 

I laughed to myself after making that joke. It's so awkward when you make a joke, but theres no one to react to it but yourself.

 

Jinho : I'm just kidding, Jackson. We should go out for lunch sometime. I hope he's watching this. I should have taken this chance to indirectly diss him.

 

I turned to look at the next question.

 

[ sonzhang ] : After over a year as a singer, is idol life exactly how you imagined it? If so, please tell us about it.

 

I had to take my time with this question. My situation wasn't normal as a trainee and a singer.

 

Jinho : I'd say it's more than what I expected. I thought it was a nine-to-five job, but there is always something more popping up after another. At the same time, I still managed to retain my free time. Basically, I thought I would just had to spend most of my time singing and dancing, but I was wrong. I've been able to do so much more. I bet I have free time because De1 is still only a rookie group. Thank you for the question, sonzhang!

 

I looked at the time. It was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter