Chapter 28 : Moving On

Jinho's Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

8 October 2016 (Saturday), 9.30 a.m.

Dahyun was running at a park. As she ran, she could hear a beautiful tune being played. It was a flute sound.

Following the sound, she sees me playing my Dizi, in front of a few elders who stopped from their jogging to enjoy my performance.

When I was done, the small crowd gave a round of applause before dismissing. Dahyun saw that I had a lonely expression on my face.

 

Dahyun : That was beautiful!

 

I turned to see Dahyun, standing a few feet away.

 

Jinho : Thank you, Dahyun. I didn't know you were here.

Dahyun : I came to see you.

 

We focused our attention on each other. From this distance, I wanted to show her that I'm paying attention to her words.

 

Jinho : So, Sky told you where I was?

Dahyun : You and I haven't talked in a while. I gave you your space, but the others told me that you're already prepared for a comeback.

Jinho : I'm not gonna waste my time mourning for who knows how long. All my mother asked me to do was move on.

 

We just stared at each other. I can tell she was just worried about me. I waited for her to say something.

 

Dahyun : So why haven't you contacted me since? Or Mina?

 

I looked away from her and stared at the lake next to me. I saw pigeons flying across the lake.

 

Jinho : I'm just tired, Dahyun. I didn't mean anything by it.

 

Before I realized it, Dahyun ran to me while I wasn't looking and hugged me.

 

Dahyun : I'm really worried about you, Jinho...

 

I smiled, but immediately returned to my lonely expression.

 

Jinho : So? You found me. What are you gonna do now?

 

While hugging, she looked right at me. She was shocked to hear my cold reply.

 

Dahyun : Do you seriously don't care how I feel?

 

I took her hands and pulled them away from me.

 

Jinho : I just want to move pass this, Dahyun.

Dahyun : How? You're just avoiding everyone! Your members told me you've been depressed. I'm not the only one that's worried about you.

 

I didn't know the guys were worried about me. I thought I was able to hide my feelings from them. I guess I should have known better.

 

Jinho : Even so, this is the only way I can move on. Please don't argue with me, Dahyun. I don't want any problems between us.

 

She took both my hands and held them tight.

 

Dahyun : Then stay close to me. Talk to me when you're sad. I just want my friend back.

 

I just stood there. I wasn't speechless, but I was tired of talking to her. It's obvious she's not giving up.

 

Jinho : I'll ask again. What are you gonna do now?

 

Suddenly, Dahyun gave me a serious look. She was determined to make me happy again.

 

Dahyun : I'm going to take you out, like I did for your birthday.

 

She pulled me away and we left the park.

 

8 October 2016 (Saturday), 11 a.m.

She took me out for breakfast. We went to Pancake House. She ordered the meals for both of us. I was just thinking if I'm worth all this trouble.

 

Dahyun : Have you eaten here before?

Jinho : I never liked the pancakes.

Dahyun : Don't lie. Sky told me you've made pancakes for your members.

Jinho : Well, I've always thought mine was better.

Dahyun : Really? Maybe you can make some for me next time?

 

I looked away, avoiding her gaze. I knew what she was trying to do, but I was uncomfortable answering that question.

She noticed this, which got her worrying about me more.

 

Dahyun : Is there anything I can do to help you be yourself again?

 

I kept quiet. I didn't know if there's anything she can.

Soon enough, our food arrived and we quietly had our meal. Not a word was spoken during that time. We both felt like we were eating with strangers.

Once we were done, Dahyun took something out of her bag. It was a Rubik's Cube.

 

Dahyun : Jinho, remember this? You taught me how to remember better with this. I've been practicing. Watch!

 

She closed her eyes and played around with the cube, eventually solving it in the end.

 

Dahyun : Ta-da!

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter