Chapter 66 : Our Secret

Jinho's Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

23 January 2017 (Monday), 7 p.m.

After Sunny's and Wendy's arrival, we went ahead and had our dinner at the dining table near the kitchen. I was sitting next to Wendy, which kept making a few people peek towards us as we were enjoying each other's company. We haven't seen each other in a while, so we had plenty to talk about.

Once the many stares became too funny and unbearable for us, we decided to explain ourselves to them by telling them our history, beginning with how we first met.

 

Dongmin : That means he likes you, stupid!

 

Wendy mentioned that she liked how caring I was, playing and feeding stray cats. The others decided to fool around, persuading Wendy that I had other intentions at the time.

 

Kyunghwan : Jinho probably knew you were coming and played with the kittens just a few moments before you arrived!

Wendy : Ahh... Is that so? I knew he was too good to be true...

 

She maintained an innocent act, pretending to realize my 'intentions' now. I giggled as I knew no one would really believe that and they were simply joking around.

Just for fun, I decided to play along.

 

Jinho : You have to be more careful next time. You're lucky that I decided not to work my charms on you.

 

Everybody laughed as I was quick to accept my new casanova image. I went as far as maintaining eye contact with Wendy the whole time.

Feeling the mood, she too wanted to play along.

 

Wendy : Oh... I see... You must be pretty confident with your charms.

 

She slowly leaned in and shortened the distance between our faces, all the while keeping the flirty eye contact. Shortly after, we ended up breaking character and laughed. It was so weird for us to flirt in front of everyone like that.

While me and Wendy were in our own world, the others were very surprised at how well we played along with their jokes.

 

Sunny : Are you two actually flirting?

 

The two of us blushed as we got caught red-handed. They probably expected us to simply laugh towards their joke, but we didn't. Due to this, they began to suspect that there is something more in my relationship with Wendy.

 

Kyunghwan : It's obvious that there is something between you two.

Jinho : Hyung, we're just very good friends.

Wendy : We have a lot in common, so we became very close.

 

In the midst of this, Guntae and Chaeyoung began talking to themselves in private. With excitement, the both of them stood up without warning.

 

Chaeyoung : Oppa, you have to do this then!

Jinho : What?

 

Both of the kids walked away from the dining table and into Guntae's room. I had no idea what they were planning, but I had a hunch that it wasn't going to be good for me.

Not even for five seconds, they left the room and returned to the dining table. I was shocked to see Guntae carrying a familiar-looking white machine.

 

Chaeyoung : A lie detector!

 

Me and Wendy looked at each other with our surprised faces. We knew this wasn't going to be good for us.

On the other hand, the others cheered and gave a round of applause to the two kids for their sense and timing for comedy.

 

Dongmin : Chaeyoung, Guntae, good job!

 

They must have obtained the lie detector while I was out with Xander and Sooyoung. I have guesses as to why they never told me about it. One being that they had planned to use it on me from the beginning!

As Guntae placed the machine on the table between me and Wendy, Sunny noticed that we had our eyes fixed towards the lie detector. She couldn't help but laugh a little towards such a funny sight.

 

Sunny : I think the both of them are nervous now!

Jinho & Wendy : No, we're not!

 

The fact that we accidentally screamed in unison didn't help our case. Everyone has further believed that the two of us are hiding something from them.

After taking a deep breath, Wendy decided to take the leap first.

 

Wendy : Then, I guess...

 

I quickly noticed Wendy and what she was trying to do. Before she could finish her sentence, I cut her off. I wasn't going to let her suffer first.

 

Jinho : I'll go first.

 

I took the lie detector and placed it in front of me. Wendy smiled as she was touched by my selfless act. Heroic as it was, I still felt responsible since the two kids were somewhat my responsibility.

While Wendy helped to strap my right hand to the machine, the others began discussing as they were engrossed in their excitement.

 

Kyunghwan : Should we let each person ask Jinho a question?

 

At that moment, my body suddenly froze in fear. I had just remembered what will happen if I were to lie to the lie detector.

I would get electrocuted!

 

Sooyoung : Oppa! He might die if we actually do that.

Dongmin : Don't worry. If he dies, we'll shock him back to life.

 

Dongmin's joke got everyone to laugh, except for me. This will be my first time using the lie detector, so I was clearly very nervous.

Just how often will I get electrocuted?

 

Dongmin : First question! Do you like Wendy?

Jinho : Of course! Why wouldn't I like her?!!

 

After my loud confession, Guntae, who was still standing next to me, pressed the 'start' button on the lie detector. A dramatic tune began playing from the machine, which was terrifying for me, but very suspenseful for everyone else.

Afterwards, the tune ended with a ringing sound and a green light was projected. I wasn't shocked, so what I said earlier must be true!

I sighed as I was relieved that I didn't get shocked. Wendy smiled as she was happy to know that I was telling the truth.

 

Dongmin : That question was a bit too easy. Sunny-ssi, would you like to try?

 

I turned my eyes towards our guest, Sunny, with much anticipation. What question will a variety show sunbae like her, ask me who is strapped to a lie detector?

Come to think of it, how are we even sure that the lie detector is accurate?

 

Sunny : Do you dream about Wendy when you sleep?

 

I was taken aback by her question. I didn't think she would go that far!

Everyone turned towards me, with eyes full of anticipation.

 

Jinho : I don't dream about her... often.

 

Saving me from shame, Guntae quickly pressed the button again. The terrifying tune played once more, and I felt like I was definitely going to get electrocuted this time. I can't help but feel like I lied about the 'often' part!

My prediction was correct, as this time, a red light projected from the lie detector, instead of a green light. I felt a quick burst of static electricity generated from the machine transferring into my right hand. The pain was no joke!

I immediately stood up from my seat, due to the physical and mental shock of my first electrocution.

 

Jinho : That hurts! Wow!!!

 

Everybody got a laugh from my reaction, including Wendy. I quickly removed the straps on my right hand to get a better look of it. I was worried that I might have burned myself or something. Thankfully, I didn't, but the pain was still present.

Too focused on my hand, I forgot about the real embarrassing part of this outcome.

 

Wendy : What kind of dreams were they?

 

Learning that I dream about her, Wendy turned all of her attention towards me. Her smile showed how heavily interested she was to hear more about it, which made it all the more embarrassing for me.

I covered my face against the table, feeling too

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter