Chapter 67 : TWICE's Managers [Part 1]

Jinho's Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

27 January 2017 (Friday), 6.30 a.m.

One morning, Yewon, in her pajamas, went downstairs from her room to look for Chaeyoung. She was thinking about spending time with her, but she was nowhere to be found when she woke up. After a quick look, it appears that Chaeyoung isn't downstairs either.

However, she did find Fabien, who was eating cereal in the kitchen. It was very obvious that he too just woke up.

 

Yewon : Where did Chaeyoung go?

Fabien : She left with Jinho and Guntae early in the morning. They said they had plans together.

 

That was when Yewon realized that the house was more quiet than usual. There has never been a time when all three of us left the house together, so the difference in atmosphere within the house was quite noticeable.

 

Yewon : So the kids left the house together? The house will be really quiet... for once.

Fabien : They're celebrities. This shouldn't come as a surprise. Let's prepare dinner for them! Something that they like this time.

 

Yewon nodded in agreement with Fabien's idea. They haven't done anything for the kids in a while. In fact, even with our busy schedules, me, Guntae, and Chaeyoung have been taking care of the house while the others went out.

 

Yewon : All right! For our hardworking kids.

 

27 January 2017 (Friday), 6.40 a.m.

Speaking of the hardworking kids, we're currently in a van, driven by Chaeyoung's manager. We're on our way to TWICE's dorm to wake the other girls up for their schedule.

That's right. Me and Guntae are TWICE's managers for the day!

 

Chaeyoung : Guntae oppa, who do you like the most in TWICE?

Guntae : Me? Hmm...

 

While Guntae was deep in his thoughts, Chaeyoung slapped him by his forearm.

 

Chaeyoung : That was a trick question! A manager shouldn't like their idols!

 

Guntae quickly explained himself to justify his 'interest' with the girls.

 

Guntae : I mean... we're around the same age, so...

 

I laughed at how shameless Guntae was acting. He must really like the girls.

 

Jinho : I like how neither of us are thinking as managers at all!

 

On the same night that Sunny and Wendy came over to the house for dinner, Chaeyoung came to our room and asked if we'd like to be their manager for a day. Guntae barely hesitated, but I did. After getting to meet with my busy girlfriend again, is it really a good idea to go to another girl group's dorm and spend a whole day with them?

Obviously, I declined Chaeyoung's offer. I couldn't possibly do it now that I'm with Wendy. However, it was Guntae who convinced me to reconsider. He wasn't comfortable being the only one to go. Feeling a little responsible for him, I decided to tag along.

The purpose was mainly to help Guntae get through the day with a smile. I know how much he wanted this opportunity. The opportunity to meet TWICE.

 

Chaeyoung : But oppa! The both of you better do a good job! I'm trusting you guys!

Guntae : Of course, Chaeyoung. Any advice?

 

I was quick to intercept their conversation and gave him my advice.

 

Jinho : From what I know, managers just take idols to schedules and make sure they're fed in between.

 

The two laughed as they could relate to my words. I honestly think I heard Chaeyoung's manager laughed a little.

 

Guntae : How about advice with the girls? You know them well, right?

 

I laughed again. Do I have a reputation of knowing the girls that well?

 

Jinho : It'll be all right. I think the girls will like you, right Chaeyoung?

Chaeyoung : Of course! Just do your best!

 

After that, we continued to chat in the van. Personally, I was a bit nervous about meeting Mina again. Not only have we been apart since New Years Day, I also think that I've been avoiding her without me realizing it.

What should I say when I see her?

 

27 January 2017 (Friday), 7 a.m.

Quietly entering TWICE's dorm, Chaeyoung guided me, Guntae, and a cameraman to the first room. I can't help but feel a similar situation from last year, when me and Joo came to CLC's dorm without them knowing. I smiled as I remembered how jealous Mina was because of it at the time.

It also came to my mind that I owe Dahyun payback for entering De1's dorm too!

 

Chaeyoung : Let's start with my room. Dahyun unnie and Tzuyu is in there.

 

Chaeyoung quietly entered her room, where Dahyun and Tzuyu are sleeping. She wanted to check the situation in the room, whether it was safe for us to bring the cameraman inside. I closed the room door after Chaeyoung went inside.

Not long after, the door opened and Chaeyoung gave us the 'all clear' signal.

 

Chaeyoung : Okay. Come in quietly.

 

We entered and saw two young girls on their respective beds, sleeping and are covered with their bed sheets. It was also very cold inside the room, but it wasn't so bad. I was wearing three layers of clothes. January is the coldest month of the year, after all!

While me and Guntae were just standing, unsure of what to do next, Chaeyoung grabbed Guntae by his jacket and pulled him closer to the sleeping beauties.

 

Chaeyoung : Go wake them up, manager oppa.

Guntae : Me?!! Why not Jinho hyung, or you?

Chaeyoung : You're a manager now. You have to wake them up.

Jinho : Guntae, I'll wake the girls in the next room. You just wake these two up.

 

And with that, Guntae lost the argument. He took a deep breath and moved towards Dahyun's bed.

 

Guntae : Annyeonghaseyo... It's time to wake up, Dahyun-ssi...

 

To his surprise, Dahyun shrugged a little, but was not woken up. Guntae felt his heart flutter as she saw moved her hair as she shrugged.

Feeling embarrassed, Guntae turned to look in our direction. It was obvious to me and Chaeyoung that he was blushing. The sight of him having such a hard time with this was very entertaining to us.

 

Guntae : She's very pretty.

Jinho : Talk to her! Wake her up.

 

Taking another deep breath, she turned back to face Dahyun. Rather than simply using his voice, Guntae placed her hand on her shoulder and began to slowly shake her body, in an effort to wake her up.

Me and Chaeyoung were trying our best not to laugh at what Guntae was doing. I'm sure he noticed us holding our laughter, but he decided to focus on the task at hand.

 

Guntae : Dahyun-ssi, wake up...

 

Dahyun was finally waking up. She shrugged once more, before slowly opening her eyes.

 

Dahyun : Who's there?

Guntae : Your new manager, Dahyun-ssi.

 

Those words have yet to process in her mind. All she did was yawn and shrugged herself to sit upright.

Once she rubbed her eyes with her hands, she finally saw Guntae in front of her. Her eyes suddenly widened at the sight of an unfamiliar guy in her room. Oblivious to the situation, she quickly grabbed hold of her bedsheet and covered herself underneath it.

 

Dahyun : WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!!

 

Dahyun's scream was loud enough to wake up Tzuyu without us. In response to the loud noise, Tzuyu turned her head towards our direction and slowly opened her eyes. She could see a few familiar figures standing in the middle of the room.

 

Tzuyu : Chaeyoung... Jinho oppa??

 

I waved my hand at Tzuyu before walking towards Guntae and Dahyun. Guntae could tell that I had something planned for Dahyun, so he took a step back and gave me some space.

I went underneath her bedsheet and the two of us finally made eye contact. Before she could have a chance to react, I gave her a kiss on her cheek. I finally returned the favor for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter