Chapter 36 : The Bus Ride

Jinho's Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

14 October 2016 (Friday), 2 p.m.

I ran out of the hospital. I find it hard to believe what the doctor told me. What's harder to believe is that Manager-nim seems convinced with the doctor's diagnosis!

I told him not to look for me. I needed some time for myself.

 

14 October 2016 (Friday), 3.30 p.m.

I got on a public bus. I didn't know where I was going, but I didn't care. I just wanted to keep moving.

Once in a while, certain passengers ask me to take pictures with them. I didn't mind. I enjoyed riding the bus and chat with them. That way, I didn't feel completely lonely.

Suddenly, a familiar person entered the bus. She had long black hair, wearing a black T-shirt and blue shorts. We made eye contact and slightly bowed our heads towards each other. Afterwards, she proceeded to sitting near the bus door.

 

Jinho : Oh... so she rides the bus...

 

I couldn't help but watch her from where I'm sitting. I was worried if something could happen while she was by herself.

I decided to walk to her and ask for the vacant seat.

 

Jinho : Can I sit next to you?

Sana : Ah... sure...

Jinho : You don't have to talk to me. I just feel better knowing that you're not alone.

Sana : Thank you...

 

We looked in different directions. Sana was looking through the window, while I was looking through the window on the other side of the bus. It's not like I expected us to start a conversation. Me and Sana never really talked before.

 

Sana : Are you going somewhere?

 

I turned to look at her. When I did, our eyes made contact. She was surprised and immediately looked away. It was really awkward for both of us.

 

Jinho : I'm just riding the bus. I don't have a specific destination.

Sana : Me too. I rarely ride the bus these days, but when I do, I just want to stay in it.

 

I smiled. I guess that means we'll be stuck together for a while.

 

Jinho : You have no one to ride with you?

Sana : This is the only time I'm alone. Normally, Momo would join me. We would look around town together.

 

After a while, it got awkward again. I tried to ignore it and closed my eyes.

 

14 October 2016 (Friday), 4 p.m.

Half an hour has passed by since I got on the bus, but it felt like only ten minutes.

 

Jinho : Time flies by fast.

 

Sana heard me speak in Japanese. She took it as a signal that I wanted to talk with her.

 

Sana : It does, so make every moment count.

 

I laughed a little. I haven't heard such carefree words in a long time. I decided to open up to her. I'm done keeping things to myself.

 

Jinho : Do you want to know why I'm here?

 

Sana nodded. Her expression shows that she was very curious to know.

 

Jinho : You have to keep it a secret, especially from Mina.

Sana : Okay, I will.

 

I took a deep breath. I was a little scared by how she would react.

 

Jinho : I went to see a doctor this afternoon. It turns out, I have a panic disorder.

Sana : Panic disorder?

Jinho : I've been having panic attacks. The doctor says it may have been caused by my car accident. A form of PTSD.

 

I could tell Sana didn't understand what I was saying, but she continued to nod towards everything I said.

 

Jinho : Do you understand?

Sana : I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter