Chapter 61 : New Family [Part 1]

Jinho's Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

16 January 2017 (Monday), 4.20 p.m.

 

Producer : Why do you want to join 'Roommate'?

Jinho : I love this show! That's the first reason! Outside of filming, I sometimes ask Jackson about it. I think it was this show that made me a fan of Got7.

 

I was being interviewed by the producer of the reality show, Roommate. I had been accepted as a cast member and I'll be living with 10 other celebrities, beginning this weekend. No words can define how excited I was.

I'm also taking this opportunity to make people more aware of De1. To do that, I'm prepared to go all-out and show the fans of this show what I can bring to the table.

 

Jinho : Also, not too long ago, our company made an official statement regarding my... family status.

 

Not long after New Years, I finally asked the directors of LightUp Entertainment to make an official statement regarding my mother's passing last year. I thought that I shouldn't have to hide it anymore.

The information was delivered rather discreetly as most of the media respected me enough to not make such a big deal out of it. After that, I had received many supportive letters and gifts from fans. It wasn't my intention to receive these, but it would be rude to deny them.

 

Jinho : This will be a good opportunity to meet new people and possibly a new family besides my members. Other than that, I want them to be more independent. I always cook, always clean the dorm, always do the laundry, and I'm still the first one to wake up in the morning! It drives me crazy sometimes...

 

21 January 2017 (Saturday), 10.15 a.m.

Today is the day I'm finally moving to the Roommate house! The producer had given me an envelope and instructions on where to go today. Manager-nim just dropped me off at the meeting point by a neighborhood roadside, along with my luggage bag.

I got off my van, revealing my new look to the public. My hair is now messy and grey-colored, covering my forehead in the process. Many people have caught wind of the meeting place and have surrounded the area to see the celebrities gather.

When I got there, there was already someone waiting. I smiled as I recognized who it was. She's the popular actress, Park Shinhye! I couldn't believe that I'm meeting her in person, much less live with her.

 

Jinho : Good morning!

Shinhye : Good morning...

 

I stood next to her as we waited for more people to arrive. There were people taking pictures as we smiled and posed for them. We just met for the first time today but we both knew how to act professionally when we have to.

After that, the atmosphere became very quiet between us, but she broke the ice by asking me a question.

 

Shinhye : Excuse me, but are you an idol?

 

At that moment, I giggled as my heart shattered. Did my hair make it difficult for her to recognise me, or has she never heard of me or De1 before?

 

Jinho : Yes! My name is Jinho, leader of De1. We've been around for almost two years now.

Shinhye : Ah! I'm sorry! I didn't recognise you.

Jinho : That's normal. Other idols may recognise us, but I can't say the same for actors.

Shinhye : Then... you know who I am?

Jinho : Of course! You're Park Shinhye! The first Korean drama I've ever watched was 'Flower Boy Next Door'.

Shinhye : Ah really? Thank you very much!

 

For a brief moment, we clicked. We were able to find common grounds to talk about, or simply things we can comment on to prevent feeling awkward.

Not long after that, another person arrived. He was taller than me, and no doubt older than me, but has a very pretty face that gives off a young vibe from him.

He was acting hasty, briskly jogging towards us while pulling his luggage bag. Both me and Shinhye smiled as we thought he looked funny.

 

Xander : Good morning!

Jinho & Shinhye : Good morning...

 

He came over and stood next to me, panting heavily after jogging uphill to come here. I instinctively responded by patting him on the back. I thought he was really cool!

Once he was able to catch his breath, we greeted each other through a handshake.

 

Xander : My name is Alexander. You guys can call me 'Xander' if you want.

Jinho : Okay, Xander... hyung?

Xander : Of course! You can call me 'hyung'.

Jinho : My name is Jinho, and this is Park Shinhye.

Shinhye : It's nice to meet you.

Xander : It's nice to meet you too!

 

And that was the end of our conversation. Xander's arrival made me feel slightly uncomfortable to chat with Shinhye. To be honest, it wasn't a conversation worth saving in the first place.

We did our own thing as we tried to enjoy the silence. I had my phone out to look up Xander on the Internet. I don't have a clue as to who he is, but I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be a model. That's how good-looking he is!

However, another van had stopped by the roadside before I could learn more about Xander. From that van, came out a famous TV person

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter