Chapter 13 : The Accident

Jinho's Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

28 June 2016 (Tuesday), 11.15 a.m.

In the midst of darkness, light began to flare into my eyes. It was blinding.

 

Jinho : ... so... bright...

Manager : Jinho! Can you hear me?

 

I hear Manager-nim's voice. I wanted to react, but my whole body was numb. I can barely open my eyes. My throat was also in pain.

 

Jinho : I can't see... It's so bright...

Manager : Oh! Thank god you're awake! You're in a hospital now.

Jinho : I can't move.

Manager : The doctors gave you painkillers. It's been two days since your accident, so it's normal for your body to be numb.

Jinho : Accident?

Manager : Yes. You saved a girl from getting hit by a car. People are calling you a 'hero'!

Jinho : Hero?

Manager : Yes. Now please rest, Jinho. I will tell the nurses that you're awake.

Jinho : Stop!

 

It hurted so much to scream like that. Manager-nim stopped in his track.

 

Jinho : So, no one else got hurt?

Manager : No. The girl was okay. You were the only victim. The car driver was also sued after the accident.

 

I was relieved to hear that. So Mina is safe and they still don't know about us. Knowing this, I was able to relax.

 

Jinho : Oh... thank you...

 

Manager-nim left the room. I tried to open my eyes and adjust to the light. It was blurry, but I could see a cast on my right leg, all the way from my feet to my knee. I shook my head to feel that I have bandages over my head. I probably look like a mess overall.

To stop the flares in my eyes, I gave up trying to look. All I can think about now is how are my dongsaengs and how is Mina doing.

 

28 June 2016 (Tuesday), 3 p.m.

I accidentally fell asleep. When I woke up, I was able to open my eyes. My arms and body were able to move more. However, my legs were casted and strapped up so I couldn't move them. Manager-nim saw me wake up. I realized that my throat was dry so I couldn't talk properly earlier.

 

Jinho : I'm thirsty...

Manager : Ah here!

 

He held a mineral water bottle with a straw inside. I took a few sips. Water has never tasted so delicious before in my life until now.

 

Jinho : You should go... The kids need you...

Manager : Another manager filled in for me. I'm not going anywhere since you just woke up. The CEO was here while you were sleeping.

 

The CEO was here? That's nice. I haven't seen him in a long time. 

 

Jinho : How's the kids...

Manager : They were informed a few hours ago that you woke up. They'll come to visit soon enough.

 

I see... They must have been worried. I bet he wasn't the only one. I turned my head to look around for my phone.

 

Manager : Be careful! You have a concussion. What are you looking for?

Jinho : My phone...

Manager : I'm sorry. Your phone broke during the accident. I still have the SIM card though.

 

Hearing that, I realized that other things seem to be missing.

 

Jinho : My satchel... Windbreaker...

Manager : They were disposed away the day you were admitted to the hospital. They were covered in your blood. Jinho, you had blood transfusions since yesterday. But it's okay, everything inside your bag is with me. I'll get you a new one.

 

The windbreaker... I almost cried after hearing it was thrown away. I qui

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter