Chapter 70 : TWICE's Managers [Lunch Break]

Jinho's Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

27 January 2017 (Friday), 1 p.m.

I was inside a taxi, on the way to see Guntae. I wanted to check up on him before returning back to the girls' dorm with their lunch. Was he doing well?

As I was still on the road, I called him ahead of time to check how he's doing. He seems to be doing very well on his own.

 

Jinho : Are you sure you don't need me?

Guntae : I'm fine, hyung. The girls have been very nice to me. The work isn't too hard too.

Jinho : That's great. Any of the girls done with their schedule? I'm still outside, so I can go pick them up.

Guntae : Give me a moment!

 

Guntae left the call for a moment. My guess was that he went to find out who was done and could go home.

Not long after, I heard back from him.

 

Guntae : Hyung, Sana is done. You can come and pick her up now.

Jinho : Where is she?

Guntae : Somewhere in Cheongdam.

 

I laughed as Cheongdam is still a pretty big place. Guntae didn't know where Sana was. I don't blame him since we're only managers for a day, but it's been a very long day for us!

 

Jinho : It's okay. I'll just call her. I'll see you when we're finally done.

Guntae : Okay. See you later!

 

27 January 2017 (Friday), 1.30 p.m.

Although it was cold, I waited outside for Sana to come out of the building. I called her to inform that I'd be picking her up, but she told me not to trouble myself finding her inside the building. I can't wait to see her face when she realizes she forgot how cold it is outside.

Soon enough, Sana came running out of the building towards me. She didn't make eye contact with me and just leaned her head down as she came closer. She must be very embarrassed for making me stay outside. I'm not mad though. I actually think this is very funny.

 

Jinho : Ready to go?

Sana : Yes, Manager-nim!

 

We walked to the side of the road and I hailed for a taxi. You'd be surprised by how often you can find a taxi driving by on the road.

Immediately, a taxi pulled over to the side for us. As we walked towards it, Sana suddenly grabbed my arm and stopped me.

 

Sana : Could we go for a drink first?

Jinho : Right now? You drink?

 

I gave her the most surprising and confused look she had ever seen. Realizing that I misunderstood her, she felt a little embarrassed, but laughed at how funny my reaction was.

 

Sana : Not that! I meant something like a convenience store and get ourselves something to drink.

 

I clapped my hands together as I finally realized what she meant and laughed.

As I thought about it, she was probably very tired and thirsty after her schedule. In fact, I could use a drink too.

 

Jinho : Ahh... sorry about that. Okay, let's go!

 

27 January 2017 (Friday), 2 p.m.

We took the taxi and dropped ourselves off in front of a convenience store nearby a kimchi restaurant, where I planned to buy the girls' lunch. Once we entered the store, Sana told me to sit by one of the empty tables inside. She wanted to buy a drink for me.

One interesting fact about me is that I never refuse someone's treat. Rather than feeling bad, I always try to be even by treating them the next time. It's been a working system for me, so why say 'no' to a free treat now, right?

As I was just playing around with my phone, Sana finally returned with two canned drinks and straws in her hands.

 

Sana : I bought you this!

Jinho : Beer?

Sana : It's just a can! One for both of us. I just thought we're close enough to start drinking beer together.

 

I was okay with drinking a can of beer, but what surprised me was that she brought straws for us to drink the beers with. It's actually quite funny the more I look at the straws.

Based on my experience with alcohol, I can't even drink half a bottle of soju without getting drunk. The thought of it made me quit drinking alcohol, so I never got the chance to drink beer.

However, I wasn't afraid to try it now because I hear beer is less potent than soju. On top of that, this is just a can! If that alone wasn't enough to convince me to try it, the fact that Sana wants to spend time with me for this will.

 

Jinho : Okay! I like that.

 

We began drinking our beers together. I occasionally smiled as I'd never thought I would be out drinking with Sana. If I had to choose one of the girls to go out and drink with me, I'd have to choose Nayeon because I feel like she is the most mature one to me. That's probably because we're the same age and she's the eldest member, like me. I also smiled everytime I look at my straw. It felt like I was drinking root beer in a fast food restaurant.

As of today, Sana just became the first girl to go out drinking with me.

On the other hand, she was happy to see me smiling as we had our first drink together. From time-to-time, she would turn her eyes to continue looking at my smiling face.

 

Sana : Oppa, can you keep a secret?

Jinho : What is it?

Sana : I think Dahyun likes you. What are we going to do?

 

I have to admit it. At that moment, Sana nearly made me laugh through my poker face. I was surprised to learn that she didn't know about the new relationship between me and Dahyun. 

 

Jinho : I already know about that. She confessed to me.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter