Chapter 64 : Roommates' First Night

Jinho's Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

21 January 2017 (Saturday), 10.20 p.m.

After Chaeyoung's arrival, everyone got together by the dinner table and was finally able to enjoy their dinner, as a whole family. Although it's too soon to see them as a family, I was still very happy to have had our first meal together. We even continued getting to know each other better. Thankfully, I didn't have to do it again!

Afterwards, we went to our respective rooms, ready to hit the hay. Currently in our room, I was already laying on my mattress, while Guntae was getting ready to leave the house.

 

Guntae : Hyung, are you serious?!!

Jinho : It's true, and I was just as surprised as you are! My members told me about it the next day.

 

All the guys in the house had planned to go out for a drink. I guess it was for the simple purpose of getting to know each other more comfortably, without the girls around. As good as that sounded, I told Guntae that I couldn't go with them, as I have a nasty drinking habit.

After I acted drunk during New Years Eve, I decided to try drinking for once with my manager. I got very curious about the taste of alcohol and how it would affect me. It was then that I learned about this certain side effect of alcoholism. I didn't regret trying it, but I don't think I'll ever go drinking again.

 

Guntae : Hyung, if you're tired, don't wait for me. You can go ahead and sleep first. I won't wake you up when I get back.

Jinho : I should probably do that. I have to wake up early tomorrow. I'm just telling you now that my alarm will buzz at 6.30 a.m.!

Guntae : Okay, hyung. Goodnight!

Jinho : Goodnight...

 

And just like that, I was left alone in the room. I tried to get some sleep, but I was feeling very restless. I wasn't tired either, so that didn't help.

Since I was alone, I decided to goof around. I went towards one of the cameras in the corner of the room, pretending like I was talking to someone.

 

Jinho : You'll play with me tonight, won't you?

 

To my surprise, the mechanics of the camera made it point up and down, gesturing a nod. I got excited as I didn't think there was someone controlling the camera.

Not long after that, someone was knocking on the door. It spooked me, as I thought someone entered the room and caught me talking to the camera. It would've been embarrassing to be caught doing so by myself.

 

Chaeyoung : Oppa, are you sleeping right now?

Jinho : Chaeyoung? Not yet. Come in!

 

She entered the room and closed the door behind her. Her hair was wet, but it appeared to have been dried off. If that wasn't a sign that she had recently taken a shower, the pajamas she's wearing now would be it.

We smiled at each other, but we knew how awkward it really was to see each other without her members, or mine.

 

Jinho : It's weird, isn't it? Seeing each other like this? I haven't seen you girls at all since last year.

Chaeyoung : Oppa! We're being filmed!

 

She was worried that the viewers might get the wrong idea about what I said. Her reaction caused me to giggle as I liked how she immediately panicked.

 

Jinho : You don't have to make it sound like a crime! People know I've done a lot of activities with TWICE. Although, we've never hung out, have we? Just the two of us?

Chaeyoung : Why? The unnies are not enough for you?

 

It was my turn to panic. I was shocked at how she said it. While she was laughing towards my reaction, I was worried that people will start seeing me as a ert or something.

 

Jinho : Yah! Don't say it like that! People will misunderstand!

Chaeyoung : I was just playing around! They'll understand!

 

We started laughing it off. For a moment, it didn't feel awkward to be with her alone. She came closer to me and sat on Guntae's mattress. I went ahead and sat down on mine, next to Guntae's.

 

Jinho : Anyways, did you come here just to see me?

Chaeyoung : Actually, I was going to call Tzuyu and tell her about my arrival here and everything else that happened tonight. The unnies might answer the call too. I was just wondering if you want to talk to them?

Jinho : You've told them I'm here? In Roommate?

Chaeyoung : Not yet! I will once I call.

Jinho : Go ahead and call! If you want to prank them too, I'm fine with it.

Chaeyoung : Let's do that! I'll call them now.

 

She took out her phone and called Tzuyu. Chaeyoung was kind enough to put it on loudspeaker for me to hear.

Very quickly, we heard an answer from the other line.

 

Tzuyu : Chaengie...

Chaeyoung : Tzuyu, you were right! I am the maknae!

 

They both laughed as they had guessed it before Chaeyoung came to the Roommate house. Before they could have the chance to talk more, someone else spoke from the other line.

 

Dahyun : Chaeyoung, how are you? Are your roommates treating you well?

Chaeyoung : Yes, they are.

Dahyun : Who are they? Your roommates?

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter