Chapter 63 : New Family [Part 3]

Jinho's Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

21 January 2017 (Saturday), 5.30 p.m.

 

Jinho : You have to be more gentle when you're slicing tomatoes. Slowly move the knife against the tomato and repeat the motion, like this...

 

Me, Guntae, Sora and Sooyoung were in the kitchen, preparing the dinner ingredients before we start the actual cooking. Kyunghwan helped to introduce the new roommates to the grocery team. To be honest, I'm glad that I didn't have someone weird like Jackson as a roommate! If I have to share a room with someone, I'm glad it was Guntae. He seems like a cool guy to hang out with.

When asked if he could slice vegetables, Guntae proved himself to have little experience with a kitchen knife. As the hyung, I took it upon myself to teach him a thing or to about slicing and dicing. Besides, I didn't want to trouble the noonas to teach him.

Sooyoung watched us as we had our own private cooking class. She also noticed that I had already prepared a batch of chili seasoning mix. She was impressed by it because it was a mixture of sliced onion and garlic, together with flour, chili powder, white sugar, and a variety of different spices.

 

Sooyoung : Jinho-ssi, you're pretty good at cooking!

Jinho : Thank you very much, noona. You're pretty good too!

Guntae : I shouldn't have come here. No wonder the other hyungs stayed away from the kitchen!

 

We all laughed at his confession. He will probably stop following me to the kitchen from now on. I didn't know he couldn't cook!

 

Sooyoung : Unnie, we're still waiting for two more people, right?

Sora : Yes. Shinhye still doesn't have roommates for her room.

 

These last two girls that are coming to the house must be really busy people. It's almost 6 p.m., meaning they're only coming over after work hours. I wonder who they could be?

Once Guntae finished slicing the last tomato, he gave me the knife, with an expression on his face that he'll never hold a kitchen knife ever again. Although that was funny, I also felt proud that he was able to handle his own and do his part in the kitchen. I placed the knife on the kitchen table, where it's visible for everyone to notice.

 

Sora : You boys can go rest in your room now. We'll handle the rest. Thank you for preparing the ingredients with us!

 

Me and Guntae were shocked. Our eyes widened as we acted dramatically to her words.

 

Guntae : Hyung! She just called us 'boys'!

Jinho : I guess I'm a maknae too now...

 

As the girls had their laughs, me and Guntae naturally made our way out of the kitchen, giving them their space. I have yet to unpack my things since I got back from the grocery duty. I should go back to the room and do so. Guntae was just happy to leave the kitchen.

However, as we walked past the living room, we heard the doorbell rang.

 

Sora : The doorbell rang! Could you both please answer it?

Jinho : Okay!

 

As we headed to the intercom, Guntae showed me how it worked. I pressed the correct button and spoke through the intercom for the other person to answer on his or her end.

 

Jinho : Hello?

Unknown : Hello! Is this the Roommate house?

Jinho : Yes, it is! We'll open the door for you.

 

I did just that, but I had no idea as to who I just allowed into the house. I quickly went to the front door, worried that I may have done something very bad. Guntae even asked me the same question that was running through my mind.

 

Guntae : But who was that?

Jinho : We're about to find out!

 

We stepped outside, only to see a girl with long black hair, dragging her luggage bag up the staircase towards us. I smiled as not only did I know who she is, I knew how to too.

 

Jinho : Umji!

Yewon : Yah! Who are you calling 'Umji'?!!

 

That's right! She wasn't GFriend's Kim Yewon, but the singer and actress from the girl group, Jewelry, Kim Yewon. I recognized her from her marriage with Super Junior-M's Henry on 'We Got Married'. I learned that she and Umji shared the same name from SinB during my last filming with her.

I smiled to myself as I really screwed myself this time. I was a liitle too afraid to approach Yewon after making that joke. I couldn't help myself! The opportunity was right in my face!

Luckily, Guntae made the first move

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter