Hidden Agenda

Devil's Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Eight

Hidden Agenda

 

That same morning Seulong sends Tiffany off again to the entrance of their estate. After the almost endless pleading of her Aunt and Yoona to her to take care of herself, Tiffany was finally out of the Hwang’s estate.

Tiffany waited for her cousin to pull over so she finally get off the car. She’s twenty-five minutes late to their agreed time and she’s quite worried if Taeyeon is still there waiting for her. She hurriedly opened her door when the car finally stops.

“Tiffany, wait!”

She stopped stepping out and looked back to her cousin’s worried eyes.

“What it is Oppa?”

“Here take this.”

Tiffany looked incredulously at Seulong's hand that’s holding a thin metal in his closed palm.

“What’s that Oppa?”

“For your protection… I won’t be there to protect you… none of us. At least take this with you everywhere you go, so I can be a little bit at ease to know that you have something that can protect you.”

Seulong now hands her the small pocket knife that looks so delicate yet deadly on Tiffany’s hand.

“But I don’t even know how to use this.”

“Easy… just stuck it and twist it to your attacker’s leg or arm. It will give you enough time to run away.”

She looked at Seulong’s serious eyes and just nodded back at him.

“Please take care of yourself. Keep this with you at all times okay? And also your cellphone, I’m going to rush the technicians to fix that damn cell tower that crashes a few days ago. For all times, why must it be broken right now?”

“Oppa, I’ll be fine.”

Tiffany gave a reassuring smile to her cousin in hope that it would somehow make up for her stubbornness.

“I really can’t blame you for wanting to this, you know. If I’m in your shoes I would definitely gonna do this too.”

“Thanks Oppa.”

“Just take care. And I’ll call you once the lines are fixed okay?!”

“Okay… See you…”

Tiffany finally gets out of the car and starts to walk on her feet to see if the person she was about to meet is still there. The same person who didn’t let her fall asleep one bit last night. The person named Kim Taeyeon.

And speaking of the devil…

She immediately saw her once she’s out on the road. Her eyes focused yet again to her advancing figure. She thought before that Taeyeon looked weirdly cool in that old pick-up truck despite her petite figure.

But this time, she can’t hardly know what to think of anymore.

Taeyeon looked graceful and elegant riding that huge black stallion. Her hair effortlessly dancing with the winds as her petite body rides to the movement of that glorious animal.

‘From a rugged cowgirl wanna be… you upgraded to a goddess that decided to roam the earth with her mighty animal…’

Tiffany watched Taeyeon in silent awe as the older woman skillfully reigned her horse to a stop just in front of her.

Taeyeon smiled at her and that simple smiled sent Tiffany’s mind into overdrive.

“Now I want to believe that you have a very strong persuasive power, Ms. Hwang. Even the great Hwang Changjun has no power to resist you. I wonder if…”

Taeyeon didn’t finish her words that left Tiffany in puzzle and couldn’t help but think of it.

‘You wonder if what? If that could also work on you? Can it? Can I have that power on you?’

Then Taeyeon went down to her horse and stands on Tiffany’s side.

“You said you haven’t ridden a horse before, so I just brought my horse for us. I don’t want to gamble on your safety and let you ride on one for the first time. So… we don’t have all day…”

Tiffany saw Taeyeon her head to her horse’s saddle.

“I…”

“Don’t worry I’ll help you. You already told me yesterday, remember. And I know that you’re probably wondering why I brought this instead of my pick-up. So, I’ll give you a peace of mind. The road to our farm isn’t that fully developed yet unlike the roads here to your grandfather’s estate. You could clearly see from the road before right?

Tiffany just nods and waits for Taeyeon to continue.

“It would be easier to travel by horse. Come on… place your right foot here on the stirrup and hold tightly on the horn and pull yourself up.”

Tiffany carefully listens to Taeyeon’s instructions and followed what part of the saddle she pointed at.

“Okay… I’ll try…”

Tiffany placed her foot and her hand accordingly but just as when she’s about to lift herself up, she suddenly felt that familiar warm hands that s to her waist and before she could utter a word of protest, was already gently placed on top of the stallion.

“Hold on tight.”

And after the last word left Taeyeon’s mouth, she already lifts herself up to sit behind Tiffany.

Tiffany could feel all the muscle on her body tensed up when she felt Taeyeon’s warm presence on her back, as her arms were completely encircled to her whole upper body upon holding the reigns.

She could she at the corner of her eyes how Taeyeon tilts her head just above her right shoulder so she could see the way.

With Taeyeon’s command and slight tap, the stallion began to walk forward making Tiffany’s body jerked forward before hitting backwards again to Taeyeon’s chest.

“I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay. We’ll go slow…”

Tiffany unknowingly tilted her head to the right when she heard Taeyeon’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter