Argument

Devil's Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Five

Argument

Tiffany was woken up with loud shouts coming from the outside of the house. She hurriedly opened her window to look out what is happening but immediately sighs when she saw that it was her grandfather that is angrily shouting to a group of men.

“All of you are worthless and stupid! It’s just an old stupid car for crying out loud! But all of you! All of you didn’t get to take it back!”

“But Sir… Ms. Kim was already there when we got there… she told us that we’re trespassing in her land and that she can pretty much do whatever she wants with us if we try to get any closer.”

“Stupid! All of you are stupid! What will that devil of a woman would do with that car?!”

“Sir… Ms. Kim said that your granddaughter should be the one to take it back…”

“What?! That will never happen! Just let that stupid car rust in her waste land! My granddaughter will never set her feet back there again!”

Tiffany closed her window again not wanting to hear her grandfather’s angry voice any further in the morning. She just went out to go the bathroom to ready herself before breakfast start.

“Good morning Unnie!” She saw Yoona coming out of the bathroom and greeted her too.

“Good morning Yoona.”

“Your turn to use the bathroom.”

“Great… thanks…”

“Get ready fast unnie, I’m sure you’re already hungry since you skipped dinner last night. I was about to call you again but you're already in deep sleep, you look really tired and I couldn’t have the heart to wake you up.”

“Yeah… I kinda got shocked when I woke up this morning. I thought I just only took a nap.”

Tiffany smiled at her grinning cousin. She’s glad that somehow her interactions with Yoona are getting better and better in every passing second.

Tiffany and Yoona went together in the dining room to have their first breakfast together with the whole family. Everyone was already sitting in the table when they enter. They both greeted everyone with smiles. Yoona walk towards her parents to give them a morning kiss.

“Good morning…” Tiffany greeted her grandfather a bit awkwardly.

“Good morning Miyoung. By the way this is your Uncle Junghwan, your Aunt Sunghyo’s husband.”

Tiffany looked at the man her grandfather pointed at and smiled at the man.

“Hello Miyoung! Nice to finally meet you. I’m sorry I was not here last night to welcome you. Something urgent came at the office and I couldn’t leave it like that.”

Her uncle looked at her guiltily

“It’s okay Uncle, I understand and nice to meet you too.”

Tiffany smiled at her uncle to assure him that it’s fine by her.

“Wow your smile!”

Her uncle exaggeratingly gasps out loud, now she knows where her cousin Seulong took his exaggerated expression from.

“Yes, Junghwan, she got her smile from my Minyoung too.” Her grandfather smiled at her and proudness evident in his voice.

Seulong saw that her cousin is slightly feeling embarrass with the attention so he decided to help her out.

“Miyoung you must be hungry come take your seat.”

He pulled out a chair for Tiffany which the latter shyly took.

“Thanks…”

Seulong poured her a cup of coffee and placed various type of meals on her plate.

“Thanks to you we’re having American breakfast today and probably in coming days too!”

Seulong cheekily smiled to Tiffany.

“By the way Miyoung, I’m glad your mother finally allowed you to come here. We’ve been waiting for so long until when she’ll allow you and your sister to visit us.”

Her uncle asked her after she had her first bite.

“Uhm… actually… it wasn’t really my Mom’s decision on why we couldn’t come here to visit…”

She replied back with the want to defend her mother.

“She’s the reason why your father couldn’t bring you back home.”

Her grandfather cut her off with a stern voice. Tiffany looked at the old man, and saw the hard as stone façade of the man again.

In order to not let their discussion turn to a bitter one, Tiffany decides to just play it cool. Besides, it their first breakfast as a whole family after 25 years, she doesn’t want to destroy that early.

“I’m now here grandfather and I won’t be going away anytime soon until I get to finish a novel. And be rest assured that Yuri will come here as well after her term ends.”

Her grandfather’s face softens a little bit with what she said. She gave him a smile in hope that it will appease him even more.

‘I think you should smile at him more. Since he said my smile is exactly the same as grandmother. I’m sure he misses her a lot.’

“Very well then, I’ll hold your word for that. I’m happy that my rebellious of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter