The Crossroad

Devil's Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Eighteen

The Crossroad

 

Taeyeon was letting her horse knight to run as fast as she can like she’s racing, well she is… she’s racing for her dear life, she’s racing to get Tiffany, to find her and to make sure she’s alright.

Taeyeon stopped in the middle of a cross road at the small clearing inside the forest. She’s thinking in which side Tiffany might have run to. Taeyeon closed her eyes and listened to her surroundings. She can’t hear anything other the loud beating of her heart under her chest.

She looked wearily at her right and saw a clear trail that leads towards the brooks and then to her left which is the denser part of the forest where most of the wild animals lives.

Taeyeon sensed a wild kick of déjàvu in her situation right now.

“I hope you learned your lesson from the last time.” Taeyeon said out to no one. She decided to go to her right to the clear trail towards the brook with that thought in her mind.

She reached the side of the brook then look around the area for any sign of Tiffany. When she still found nothing she decided to get down on her horse to search on feet, she securely tied the reigns in one of the sturdy branches of a tree nearby.

She began to walk by the brook with eyes still scanning the whole surrounding. Her eyes landed on the huge iron rock beside a little falls at the mouth of the brook.

Right there she saw that one person who managed to stir all her emotions in just a short period of time.

‘I’m glad you’re safe… It feels ironic that this cross road led me again to you… ’

Taeyeon just silently stared at Tiffany’s side profile from a distant, waiting and observing what the younger girl was doing. Tiffany was only sitting there, while watching the water run down that little falls while occasionally smiling a little over something Taeyeon doesn’t have any clue at all.

But seeing that small smile on Tiffany’s lips is enough to make Taeyeon smile too.

And then Tiffany raised her head and gently tucks her hair behind her left ear. It was completely dark now but Taeyeon could still perfectly see her.

The light the moon emits is enough to lit up the whole place and with that heavenly light bouncing off to Tiffany’s face is also enough to make her look so heavenly.

“Tiffany Hwang… do you know how much you’re looking like a lady nymph right this very moment…”

Taeyeon muttered to herself. Intently looking at that one girl, hoping her mortal brain could be able to preserve this memory for eternity.

She took a step closer towards Tiffany in silence since she doesn’t want to startle the girl. She thinks that Tiffany wants to be in peace right now and she’ll try to give it to her.

But Taeyeon accidentally steps on a twig and immediately breaking it in the process, it made a faint sound that echoes in the silent night.

She saw Tiffany moves and tried to look around because of the little noise she made. Luckily for Taeyeon, she already managed to hide behind a huge tree just behind the huge iron rock Tiffany is still sitting at.

Now that Taeyeon is having a closer view of the girl, she couldn’t help but feel more mesmerized than she did before and thought that if that is even possible.

But as she gets closer, she also noticed that sad and solemn look on Tiffany’s ethereal face and also noticed that her eyes were gleaming in an unusual way.

‘Have you been crying?’

Taeyeon was battling with herself if she’ll already let herself be known to the girl that is just a brook across from her.

‘If she’s been crying then you definitely need to at least make her feel better. But how? By what? Annoy her? ? That is the only thing you’ve been good at doing whenever you’re with her.’

“Aish… Kim Taeyeon… you stu---“

Whatever Taeyeon was about to say

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter