Meeting the Mother: Interrogation

Devil's Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Thirty-four

 

Meeting the Mother:

Interrogation

 

 

Taeyeon’s hands were profusely sweating so hard and she could swear to God that she could feel her legs trembling as she walks towards where the entire family member of Tiffany were waiting for them.

The fact that she’s still not comfortable being around any member of the Hwang’s family even after they had finally settled all their issues from the past doesn’t help her nervousness to be eased at all.

And the ultimate reason for her heightening nervousness that could totally make her break down any moment now is simple, Tiffany’s mother aka Stella Hwang.

“Love, are you ready?”

Taeyeon’s brain snapped as she heard the sweet voice of Tiffany calling out to her.

She took a deep breath and at the same time held Tiffany’s hand tightly.

“Never been this ready, Love!”

She gave her fiancé a reassuring smile as those words left .

‘Damn it! Am I really ready? Oh my dear Lord! Please don’t make me embarrass myself in front of the mother of the love of my life! Please I’m begging you! Help me!’

Taeyeon allowed Tiffany to lead her inside the spacious living room of the Hwang’s and the moment her eyes adjusted to the bright lighted room, she began chanting her calming mantra in her head.

‘You can do this Kim Taeyeon!’

“Hello! Everybody! Taeyeon and Tiffany are here!”

Tiffany’s vibrant voice echoed to the whole room and that alone is enough to boost Taeyeon’s morale.

“Finally!”

Taeyeon’s ears perked up upon hearing that unfamiliar voice replying back at Tiffany’s announcement. She unknowingly gulped a lump of her own saliva down to her tense throat.

Tiffany had probably sensed the state that she’s currently in because she felt her fiancé gave her hand another assuring squeeze.

“Oh, Hello, Mom! Impatient much?”

Tiffany snickered to her mother who is currently sitting at one of the long couches in their living room.

“Mom, I’d like you to meet the whole Kim Family, your future in-laws!”

Tiffany couldn’t help but to giggle as the word in-law left .

“This is Taeyeon’s mother, Umma Haneul”

“Hello, I’m Stella Hwang. Nice to meet you! Thank you for taking care of my daughter while she’s here.”

“Nice to meet you too, Stella! I’m Kim Haneul and soon we will be a one big happy family!”

Tiffany’s mom could only smile at the reply of Taeyeon’s mother.

“And this is Kim Chansung, Taeyeon’s nephew.”

“Uhm… Hello, Mrs. Hwang… Uhm… nice to meet you, Ma’am…”

“Hello to you too, young man… don’t be nervous around me… okay?”

“Uhm… I’ll try… Ma’am”

Tiffany’s mom could only smile once again at the shy and nervous young man in front of her.

‘He’s the boy… he seems nice… my daughters are right…’

Stella Hwang smiled at Chansung once again.

“You’re such a fine young man! If I’d been given a chance to have a son, I would wish for him to grow up just like you…”

Stella saw how the young man’s face slowly lit up and finally had been able to smile at her with outmost sincerity and happiness.

“Okay! Last but definitely the most important one! Mom… I’d like you meet the LOVE of My LIFE! My OTHER HALF! My EVERYTHING! My ALREADY FIANCÉ! The one and only… Kim Taeyeon.”

Tiffany pulled Taeyeon forward so they are now standing side by side.

“Gosh, Miyoung! What’s with cheesy introduction? And why are sounding like a protective girlfriend slash fiancé?”

“Well, it’s because I am protective, mother. You know me…”

“Fine… no nee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter