Bonus Chapter: 2.2

Devil's Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bonus Chapter

Chapter Thirty-two

 

Meet the Hwang’s

 

Taeyeon was sweating bullets and was feeling like there’s a hot iron secretly installed underneath her chair.

And the dagger like stares Im Seulong was throwing at her wasn’t that pleasant too.

At least, Hwang Changjun was a little bit civilized to her and to her whole family as he openly let them in into his house.

He welcomed her mother like he had never seen his bestfriend for a very long time, which is really their situation.

“Haneul, it’s been a long while.”

Hwang Changjun softly smiled at her mother who also returned a soft smile to the man.

“Yes, it is indeed has been a long while, Changjun.”

Now everybody’s eyes are on the two as they both laid their hands upfront for a simple handshake.

“How have you been, Haneul?”

Hwang Changjun was the first one to break the silence after their handshake.

“I’m getting old… my bones are cracking everywhere whenever I try to get my body up in the morning.”

“Please? You’re still as exaggerating as ever! If you’re old then I’m ancient! Remember I’m older than you.”

“Hahaha Changjun you’re not ancient… You’re already one of the living relics of the whole South Korea!”

“Aigoo! This woman!”

The whole room burst into laughter as they just witness how the two elders threw playful banter with each other like how two long lost friends really do after they met again.

And that silly bickering set the aura of all the people in the room at ease.

While smiling along with everybody, Taeyeon can’t help but throw side glances over at where Tiffany is sitting.

Their eyes met and Taeyeon couldn’t help herself as she instantly break into a wide grin greeting those pair of smiling eyes right at her.

Their gazes were cut off and Taeyeon’s attention was grabbed when she heard a strained cough towards her direction and when she looked, Hwang Changjun was giving her an attentive look which made Taeyeon untimely gulp on her own saliva.

“Kim Taeyeon… Kim Taecjin’s youngest daughter, it’s finally nice to meet you in the flesh. I really do hear a lot about you from my other friends.”

Taeyeon felt a cold shiver run down her spine, Hwang Changjun is really no joke. The authority in his voice was mind blocking that she really can’t think strait.

But she won’t show it, she won’t act afraid in front of him or his entire family because she know that when she did that, she can instantly kiss goodbye her marriage proposal to Tiffany and she won’t let that happen.

Never…

“I hope you only hear of the nice things I did, Sir.”

“Hahaha I heard more than enough about you but be rest assured that it was all good in my ears. After all, you are your father’s daughter. The last time I saw you’re barely three years old and now look at you, all grown up and a very respectable prosecutor, not to say the youngest soon to be chief prosecutor of Jeonju.”

Taeyeon’s eyes widened at what Hwang Changjun has just told her. She wondered for a second how did the man know about that secret proposal of her appointment but it was Hwang Changjun, so she really shouldn’t be surprise.

“Thank you, Sir but I already turned down that offer of Chief Jang.”

She told the older man who instantly frowned at her answer.

“Why? With that talent of yours you could easily handle the position. Don’t you want to be able to serve our province better?”

“Well I do want to serve Jeonju and our fellow countrymen but the position is really not for me. Im my opinion, I’m not the best candidate. So I politely asked the Chief to give to somebody else.”

“When you say somebody else, you mean someone better than you? You think you’re no good?”

Taeyeon knew by then that Hwang Changjun is not really talking to her about that position at the department of justice.

The grandfather thinks she’s no good for his granddaughter.

“It’s not that I’m not that good nor the best in the field, I just really thought that I still lack the experience, I need to learn more about things in life because in the line of our work we need to learn more about life itself before we get to know the people behind the life.”

Taeyeon saw that Hwang Changjun was about to speak again but se beats him first as she continued her little speech.

“But with all honesty, Sir. I turned it down because I want to spend more time with my family. If I do take the offer, I won’t be able to spend more time with them. I’ll just be locked in those four cornered wall of an office all day and night. And toxic cases required a lot of attention, so I’m a hundred percent sure that I’ll be away from home if that happens… and that’s what I really don’t want to happen…”

Taeyeon looked across her to see Hwang Changjun’s boring stares at her. But when the older man seems to be not gonna say a word back at her, Taeyeon continues her little speech.

“And besides, I can still help out those people in need in other ways, but at this point of my life I want to spend it with my family and I want to keep my promise to my father that I will take care of my mother and our farm. And most importantly, the family I’ll have in the future.”

All this while, Taeyeon’s eyes were set strait at Hwang Changjun's pair of scrutinizing eyes. They’re having a staring battle and she really has no plan on staring down.

‘Please! Say yes! Please lessen my heart attack!’

Hwang Changjun gave her a small smile which is hard for her to put a meaning behind it.

‘What now?’

“You’re a very family oriented person… Just like your father.”

Taeyeon saw that small smiled turned a bit wider as she saw a little flash of his teeth.

‘Am I good now?’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter