Taeyeon's Mother

Devil's Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Fifteen

Taeyeon’s Mother

 

Tiffany woke up the next morning with a light feeling. Despite everything that had happen to her yesterday she really did managed to get a nice sleep that night.

Maybe because she really is tired, body, mind and soul, everything in her is tired, well that’s her logical brain speaking.

But there’s another thing her stupid heart is telling her but she stubbornly refused to listen at the moment.

After finishing her morning routine, Tiffany decided to go down and look for Taeyeon in the dining room.

She’s really wondering why the older woman didn’t wake her up to bother her first thing in the morning when the latter clearly said something to her the previous night.

‘Where is that devil midget? Did she already have her breakfast without me?’

Tiffany gently peeked on the door way to see if the table is already occupied with the person she’s been looking for and immediately feeling a bit disappointed that she didn’t see her sitting in her usual spot.

“Oh Tiffany! Good morning dear! What are you doing there? Come here and eat with me.”

Mrs. Kim saw her peeking and happily called out to her.

“Good morning, Mrs. Kim.”

The older lady gave her a warm smile while watching her as she take her seat in front of the woman.

“Did you have a nice sleep, dear?”

“I did, I’m shock myself.”

Tiffany answered back while giving the older woman a shy smile.

“It’s embarrassing that I woke up this late.”

“It’s okay, dear. You are our guest so you can have your well deserve rest whenever you want.”

“Uhm… by the way Mrs. Kim, where is Taeyeon?” Tiffany asked after she takes a sip of her coffee.

“Ah Taeyeon went back to Seoul early in the morning. She didn’t had the chance to tell you since you’re still sleeping peacefully, she said she didn’t want to wake you up.”

“Oh, she went to my room?”

“Yes, she said she promised you a tour around the farm last night and told me that you might be upset if you wake up without seeing her.”

“Oh…”

“I guess she’s right.”

“I beg your pardon, Mrs. Kim?”

The older woman just smiled at her before continuing. Tiffany wondered how did she looked like for the older woman to think that she’s upset about not seeing Taeyeon this morning.

She really does feel perfectly fine.

‘No one will annoy me so early in the morning that’s so great!’

But after telling that to herself, Tiffany stopped and wondered if it’s true that she do feel fine about knowing that Taeyeon is nowhere near her, probably for the whole day.

Tiffany doesn’t feel at ease knowing she’s not there around her, near her.

“On behalf of my daughter, I apologize to you Miyoung. You might be feeling a bit disappointed with Taeyeon now because she’s so busy. She invited you for a vacation at our farm and promised you to tour around but she’s nowhere to be found.”

“It’s okay. It must have been a very urgent matter that Taeyeon needs to go there in a rush.”

“It’s really not that highly confidential nor urgent… She’s just going to meet her superiors because she needs to kindly refuse their offer personally.”

Tiffany saw Mrs. Kim gently smiling at her as she speaks about Taeyeon.

“My hard headed daughter won’t allow herself be confined in an office walls.”

“Then why did Taeyeon choose law and became a prosecutor?”

Tiffany asked out in pure curiosity. Mrs. Kim slowly sighs before smiling at her a little.

“It seems that this talk will just get us back again to the thing that had happen in the past.”

Tiffany watched as the older woman’s eyes turned glassy with distant memories that are probably running into her mind again.

“Taeyeon was still a young child when that tragedy happened to our family. I’m surprise that she somehow had a clear memory of it. I guess because after all that, she was never really treated as a child to begin with.”

Mrs. Kim sadly sighs.

“And because she’s clearly aware of everything that had happened from before she had set her mind while gro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter