Be Safe

Devil's Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Seventeen

Be Safe

 

Taeyeon phone vibrated in her pocket, she checked who it is that’s calling her and saw her nephew’s name flashing on the screen.

“I’m sorry, Sir but I need to take this phone call from home.”

Taeyeon excused herself once again before standing up from the table to go out of the room. Once out, she slides her thumb on the screen to answer the on-going call.

“Sorry to hold you up, I’m still at the meeting.”

Taeyeon immediately informed Chansung in the other line.

“Noona! You need to come home ASAP!”

She heard the panic and urgency in her nephew’s voice.

“I know princess is about to deliver her baby but can’t you calm down first? You act like very worried father.”

Taeyeon tried to in hope to ease him a little bit.

“Noona it’s not about princess! It’s about Tiffany!”

Taeyeon instantly tensed up when she heard Tiffany’s name.

“What’s wrong with her? What happened to her? I told you to look after her!”

She starts to bombard Chansung with questions. She started to feel anxious to what really had happen while she’s gone.

A lot of scenarios started to run into her mind, like Tiffany already had decided to leave and just left her just like that. She feels afraid this very moment thinking that she might not be able to see her ever again.

“I did that, okay. She spent the whole morning talking with umma then I joined them and we ate lunch together after that I asked her to accompany at the stable to watch over princess, I just left her for fifteen minutes to call on the vet and when I came back she’s nowhere to be seen!”

Taeyeon’s anxiousness disappeared only to be replaced with worry and fear.

“How long since she’s been missing?”

“A little over an hour, I asked some of our men to look everywhere for her.”

“Chansung, how could you leave her alone? She’s not familiar with the place or with a farm for that matter. What if something bad happened to her?”

“I’m sorry noona…”

“How about uncle, is he there?”

Taeyeon tried to control her voice because of the sudden shiver she felt as she asked that question to her nephew.

His uncle was the first person that entered her mind during this kind of sudden situation where someone just suddenly disappears.

She’s not a prosecutor for nothing, she knows that her uncle was one of the primary suspects of the local police for all the sudden disappearances of women in their district these past few months.

Although those women were only es they are still human being that needs to protected.

The local police just can’t charge her uncle because they don’t have solid proof that would point him for the crime just a mere word of a mouth telling them that they saw those missing woman talking to him the day or before the day they suddenly disappeared and only to be found dead the next day near the Hwang’s property.

And somehow her uncle was protected by her name and position that she holds. But Taeyeon already talked with the senior police officer of their local police head quarters to look into further into it and that she won’t hinder their investigation and would help them with everything that she can.

Although Taeyeon couldn’t say it out loud to the senior police, she have a strong hunch that her uncle really does have something to do with it but she can’t just surrender him to the authorities because just like them, she doesn’t have any solid evidence that they can use to put him behind bars.

But Taeyeon swears to herself that if her uncle tried to do something bad to Tiffany and just even try to touch the tip of her hair.

She will be the one to throw him behind those bars and she won’t be needing any reason why she’ll put him there.

Taeyeon’s wild thoughts were cut off when she heard Chansung’s answer to her question but it really didn’t help to put her even in a little ease.

“He’s not home or anywhere in the farm the whole morning and mid afternoon. I don’t even see him getting in here or anywhere near the stable.”

“Are you sure?”

Taeyeon is still not convinced she can’t gamble on that idea, never.

“I didn’t saw him, noona.”

Taeyeon took a deep breath and calmed hersel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter