YulSic

Goodbye, Hello

"Seobang, is Taeyeon not coming for the reunion again?" Jessica asked as Yuri nodded her head.

Both of them had just returned from the meet-up in the pub and were getting ready to sleep when Jessica asked the question.

"She said she doesn't see the need to attend the reunion when she could always meet us up after work." Yuri repeated what Taeyeon had said to her earlier. "I almost got into trouble by mentioning Tiffany's name in front of her in the office earlier."

"How did Taeyeon reacted?" Jessica asked as Yuri showed her a sad face."She never attended any of the reunion. Doesn't she realised that besides us, there are other students who also knew her? Every reunion, they will keep asking us about her. By the way, did you notice how much she has lost weight? Her face is getting smaller by the day." Jessica sighed when she thought of Taeyeon.

"Of course I noticed. And thinking about her, makes me feel so depressed. I missed the old Taengoo, Sica. The one who will be smiling dorkily and laughing like an ahjumma at all our weird jokes. The one who will allow us to bully her even though she doesn't really like it. The one cool kid that I used to look up too." Yuri also started to sigh.

"I think everyone misses the old Taengoo, Seobang. But I think the one who made her like that, will be the one who misses her the most." Jessica said, causing Yuri to look at her.

"You mean Tiffany?"Jessica nodded her head while Yuri had a frown on her face. "Why would she miss her when she's the one who made Taengoo like that?"

"But Seobang, she wasn't the one who asked for the break-up. It was Taeyeon, remember?" Jessica tried to defend her friend. "And from the last time that I saw her, I can see that she really loves Taeyeon a lot."

"If she really loves Taengoo a lot, she won't be dating that guy just a few weeks after their split." It was Yuri's turn to defend her friend.

"She didn't date him, Seobang. It was all rumors. Fany herself told me that they were not dating." Jessica sighed after she realised that her tone of voice had increased slightly while she was giving her explanation.

Both of them paused and realised that they've been through this argument once again. For the past 4yrs, everytime they talked about Taeyeon, they would end up arguing, each trying to defend their own friend.

"Why do we always have these arguments when both of them are our friends?" Yuri looked up the ceiling with an obvious upset expression on her face.

"Maybe because we cared for both of them and it's hurting us to see them apart when we know that they would be happier together. Well, at least that's what we saw of Taeyeon." Jessica hugged Yuri by the waist as she leaned her head on Yuri's shoulder. "Honestly, I miss Tiff, Seobang. She was one of my first friends along with Sunny. When everyone was being judgemental towards me, she came forward to offer me her friendship. She was always there for me and even followed us to Seoul when she found out that Sunny and I would be coming back here."

Yuri noticed that Jessica's voice was about to crack and realised that her wife was going through an emotional time of remembering Tiffany. "Gwenchana, Sica. I'm here for you too, my princess."

"I've been hoping that she will atleast attend the reunion but just like Taeyeon, she didn't come. Both of them are so stubborn. Even though I really want them both to end up together, just like us,  I just hope that she's doing fine. I don't care if she's married or not. I just want her to be fine. It hurts seeing Taeyeon like that. It'll hurt even more if she's going through the same too."

"It seems that both of them are trying to avoid each other. Maybe Tiffany blames Taengoo for what happened and vice versa but at the end of the day, I know that Taengoo misses her a lot." Yuri said as she placed her chin on top of Jessica'a forehead. "Me and Soo have been trying to ask her to move on or to find someone else but she'll either kept her silence or she'll be so upset that she won't want to see us until she calms down. Just like what happened during those days when she and Tiffany had just broken up."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Flashbacks)

Yuri's POV

"Hey, Taengoo. Let's go out for some fresh air. You've been staying in the dorm for two weeks straight. Don't you feel bored?" I suggested to Taeyeon who was just lying down on her bed.

"I'm comfortable here. Don't worry about me and just go out to have some fun." Taeyeon replied as the door opened and Sooyoung walked in.

"Are we ready to go?" Sooyoung asked as she straightened her jacket.

"Taengoo doesn't want to follow us." I replied while pointing to Taeyeon who had a poker face on.

"Come on, Taengoo. It's been a while since we last hang out together. Don't worry. It's just going to be the 3 of us. Fany...."

Before Sooyoung could finish her sentence, I quickly covered . By then, Taeyeon was already glaring at us so in the end, only me and Sooyoung hang out together on that day.

Jessica's POV

"Fany-ah, are you and Nicky really dating each other?" I asked after I couldn't contend my curiousity. It's been 2weeks since Tiffany told me that she had broken up with Taeyeon and I had been hearing rumours about Tiffany and Nicky being a couple.

"Not you too, Jessi." Tiffany sighed as she sat up straight after lying down on the couch. "We're just friends. I treat him like an Oppa. That's all."

"But rumors had been going around about how close the two of you are and some even said that they saw you and him kissing." I said as Tiffany had a surprised look on her face.

"I didn't kiss him. That's the truth and I hope you believe me." Tiffany looked straight into my eyes and I knew she was telling the truth.

"I believe you. But maybe you should try to distant yourself from him so that the rumors will stop." I tried to suggest.

"I did, Jessi. But he's the one who kept trying to get close to me. I really can't be bothered with the rumors." Tiffany sighed as I saw her looking up the ceiling. "Do you think Taetae believes in those rumors?"

For a moment, I was taken aback with her question. Ever since their break-up, she had never mentioned anything about Taeyeon to me or Sunny and both of us didn't dare to ask her anything about it.

"There's nothing I can do if she choose not to trust me, right? First it's the musical actor, then the fashion model. Now it's Nicky Oppa. I'm tired of her insecurities." Tiffany started to mumble on her own.

"Her insecurities?" I repeated her words.

Tiffany must have not realised that she had said out loud her own thoughts as she quickly pretended that she didn't understand what I said and excused herself to her room. I was left alone in the living room of our dorm, thinking about what Tiffany had said earlier.

Taeyeon had insecurities and Tiffany was tired of that? Is that why they broke up?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Present)

"Seobang, do you know why Taeyeon and Fany broke up?" Jessica asked, causing Yuri to frown.

"Come to think of it, I'm not that sure myself. Or was it because I had forgotten about it?" Yuri tried to think back but she ended up shaking her head. "All I remembered was that she had informed me and Soo about their break-up only one week after it happened. And the following week, we started hearing about the rumors that Fany was dating that Nicky guy."

"Let me assure you that she didn't date him. They're just friends." Jessica repeated her sentence from earlier. "I just remembered that Fany did mentioned about Taeyeon's insecurities and that she was tired of it. By any chance do you know anything about it?"

"Taengoo's insecurities? You mean towards the relationship?" Jessica nodded her head as Yuri frowned again. "Do you think it has to do with the kissing scene from the musical act that Fany participated in during her freshman year?"

"Kissing scene? There was a kissing scene?" Jessica asked as she realised that she didn't attend Tiffany's musical due to her school commitments. "Fany did mention something about a musical actor though. Was Taeyeon jealous of that?"

"She didn't really comment anything about it but while watching the show, I noticed that Taengoo had a really serious expression." Yuri replied as Jessica nodded her head. "I was seated beside Hyo while Soo sat beside Sunny and both of us confirmed that Taengoo didn't really enjoyed that scene compared to the rest of us who were actually laughing at the scene."

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIii3XFCMAADbuB.jpg

"How about a fashion model? Did Taeyeon mention anything about a model or do you know anything about that?" Jessica asked again.

"Fashion model? Is it the one which Fany and a model appeared on the cover page for a wedding magazine?" Jessica's eyes suddenly became wider as she just realised that she had forgotten about it.

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/17200000/SiFany-Siwon-Tiffany-super-generation-super-junior-and-girls-generation-17286062-540-469.jpg

"If I was not wrong, that was part of Tiffany's school project during her sophomore year. So was Taeyeon jealous of that too?" Jessica looked up to Yuri who seemed to be trying her best to remember something.

"Taengoo didn't say it out loud but when she saw Soo holding on to the magazine, she just sighed loudly and walked away. But after that, we didn't see the magazine again. Me and Soo suspected that Taengoo threw it away." Yuri replied.

"Do you think, without us knowing, both of them are going through some trust issues?" Jessica asked. "Did you notice that during the 3rd year of our university studies, Taeyeon had became more introvert and starting to keep more to herself, instead of hanging out with us?"

Both of them lay on the bed in silence and were just staring into thin air when Jessica's handphone rang. Lazily grabbing her phone on the side table, Jessica abruptly sat up when she saw the caller id on her phone.

"Unnnnniiiiiieeeeeee..."

Jessica smiled when she heard the familiar laughter that she had missed a lot. Putting her phone on speaker mode, she replied to the girl that had called her.

"Jung Yoona.. how many times did I tell you not to use that aegyo voice on me?" Jessica said as Yoona laughed again.

"Waeyo? I thought you said that it was cute." Jessica could imagined Yoona pouting at the moment. "Where's my sister-in-law? She will surely appreciate it."

"Yoongie...." Yuri said through the speaker phone while Jessica rolled her eyes at their interactions. "I miss you, my favourite sister-in-law."

Both of them started to laugh at their own dorkiness until Jessica punched Yuri on her arm.

"Yah, stop it both of you. Anyway, Yoong is my only sister. How can she be your favourite when she's the only sister-in-law?" Jessica said, causing another round of laughter from them. "Dorks."

"So Yoong, how are you and Seohyun? Are both of you doing fine? How's Japan? How's the meeting?" Yuri asked.

"So many questions." Yoona laughed out loud. "We're fine, Yul-unnie. Japan is great. Both of us went to a lot of interesting places during our free time and there's so many awesome food to eat here. But that's not the main reason that I'm calling. Guess who I met earlier at the meeting with our Japanese counterparts?" Yoona sounded excited as both Jessica and Yuri looked at each before answering at the same time.

"Who?"

"Fany-unnie." Yoona replied with the same excitement.

"Fany? Ti.. Tiff..Tiffany?" Jessica stammered suddenly.

"Yes, yes. Tiffany-unnie. Our Tiffany Hwang, the one with the eye-smile and always loud. " Yoona answered again but silence filled the air. "Hello, hello, hello... Sica-unnie? Yul-unnie?"

"Yes, Yoong. We're still here but your unnie is not that okay at the moment. She's crying." Yuri said as Yoona finally heard the light sobbings.

"Omo omo... Otteoke? Mianhae, Sica-unnie. I didn't mean to make you upset."

"I'm... I'm not upset, Yoong. I.. I...." Jessica couldn't finish her sentence as she hugged Yuri tighter, burying her head into Yuri's neck.

"Your unnie is just missing her best friend, Yoong." Yuri replied as she patted Jessica's head. "I suggest we continue over conversation tomorrow okay. I think both of us need some rest for the night. You should rest too, Yoong." Yuri suggested as she didn't want Jessica to brood over it.

"Okay, Yul-unnie. I'll call back tomorrow. Take care and good night Sica-unnie, Yul-unnie. I love you both."