Drunk Taeyeon

Goodbye, Hello

(Flashback)

"Hey Hyoooo... Can youuuu.. open the doooor... for meeee?"

Hyoyeon, who was initially half-asleep, sat up straight on her bed when she heard Taeyeon giggling on the other line of the phonecall.

"Unnie, are you drunk? Where are you? I'll go and fetch you. You shouldn't be driving in your condition." Hyoyeon panicked as she jumped out from her bed.

"Fetch me?" Taeyeon started giggling again. "I'm already in front of the house, pabo-yah. You should see how I drove just now. I'm like a professional racer. No worries."

Taeyeon was having hiccups and continued giggling as Hyoyeon dashed out from her room to open their house door. She was shocked when she saw Taeyeon sitting on the steps of their house with her whole face looking like a ripe tomato.

"Unnie, what happened to you? You're lucky Umma and Appa are not around." Hyoyeon took Taeyeon's hands and placed it around her neck before pulling her up. "Did you really drive back here by yourself?"

Taeyeon giggled and nodded her head before pointing to her car that was parked in the centre of the road, just a distance away from their house. Luckily, it was already 1am and there was no car around.

"Oh my god. I need to do something about that car." Hyoyeon mumbled to herself as she quickly brought Taeyeon in and laid her down on the couch in the living room. "Unnie, where's the car key?"

"Car key?" Taeyeon tilted her head and hicupped again. "I think it's in the car." She laughed as Hyoyeon quickly went off to park the car properly at their house garage.

"Unnie? Where are you?"

Hyoyeon panicked when she couldn't find Taeyeon in the living room after she came back in. She was about to run to Taeyeon's room when she heard the sound of breaking glass in the kitchen. Hyoyeon ran and saw Taeyeon staring at the broken cup on the floor.

"Unnie? Gwenchana?" Hyoyeon asked as she carefully walked towards Taeyeon.

"Mianhae. I just wanted to get a cup of water." Taeyeon replied with her eyes still on the floor. "Mianhae. Mianhae. Mianhae."

Hyoyeon panicked again when she noticed that there's something wrong with Taeyeon at the moment. Afraid that Taeyeon might do something stupid, Hyoyeon quickly grabbed Taeyeon and pulled her away from the kitchen as she kept saying the word 'mianhae'. Hyoyeon then went back to the kitchen to take a new cup of water for her sister.

"Unnie, what's wrong? It's just a cup of water. You don't have to apologise so many times."

Hyoyeon rubbed her sister's back after she handed the drink to Taeyeon. She knew that something must be bothering Taeyeon since she's not someone who would drink until she's drunk. It was then she heard sobbing sounds as Taeyeon slide down to the floor. Hugging her knees and burying her face in between them, Taeyeon started crying. Hyoyeon took a seat beside her sister and waited until she was ready to talk.

"I'm seriously the stupidest person on earth. I had the most awesome girlfriend but I let her go." Taeyeon begin to talk. "Mianhae, Fany-ah. Mianhae for hurting you. Mianhae for leaving without saying anything to you. Mianhae for being such a pabo."

"What actually happened, Unnie?" Hyoyeon asked. "What do you mean leaving without saying anything?"

"I left for Japan without telling Fany about it. She must really be hating me right now. Breaking up with her without a proper reason and then leaving her behind just like that. I'm pathetic right?" Taeyeon chuckled at her ownself before she started crying again. "I took too long to realise my own stupidity. I thought she'll be here when I returned but she had already left for the States."

Hyoyeon was dumbfounded about it. She knew that her sister had broken up with Tiffany before she left for Japan but she didn't know that Tiffany was not aware of her leaving the country. Until today, Taeyeon had never told her the reason as to why she had broken up with Tiffany,

"Why did you even break up with Fany-unnie?" Hyoyeon was actually afraid that her sister would be angry with her question since she was scolded before when she had asked previously but seeing the drunk Taeyeon, she tried her luck.

"I made a mistake. A big mistake. A big stupid mistake." Taeyeon kept emphasing her remarks as Hyoyeon frowned. "I kissed another girl at a pub."

"You what?" Hyoyeon was taken aback with her sister's confession.

"I thought I had kissed another girl in a pub. I had believed him when he told me that. I never expected him to stoop so low just so that he can break me and Fany apart. I should have known he was up to something when he started to get close to Fany."

There was obvious signs of anger in Taeyeon when she was explaining to Hyoyeon about what happened.

"Who are you talking about?" Hyoyeon asked as Taeyeon looked up and rested her head against the wall.

"Nicky."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Present Time)

"What actually did Nicky do?" Sooyoung asked as Yuri looked at Hyoyeon while Yoona was just waiting for Hyoyeon to continue.

At the moment, Hyoyeon, Sooyoung and Yuri were skyping with Yoona at Hyoyeon's house after the group chat that they had last night. Sooyoung and Yuri were dying to know the truth from Hyoyeon so they had planned the meet-up as soon as possible.

"It seems that there was one day where Nicky had seen Unnie when she went to the pub to release her stress from studying. Initially, all Unnie wanted to do was to listen to the music and relax her mind. But then a Japanses girl suddenly came up to her to offer her a drink. She said she wanted to make friends." Hyoyeon stopped for a moment. "Knowing how kind Taeng-unnie was, she accepted it and without her realising, she had drank more than 2 cans of beer."

"More than 2 cans? Taengoo would have already been drunk by then. She's got a low tolerance for alcohol." Sooyoung said as Yuri and Hyoyeon nodded their heads.

"What has that Japanese girl got to do with Nicky?" Yuri asked.

"That Japanese girl had went to the pub with her friends to celebrate one of their birthdays. One of them was a friend of Nicky. He was the one who suggested to the Japanese girl to offer a drink to Taeng-unnie and even dared her to kiss Unnie on the lips." Hyoyeon answered Yuri's question.

"So when Taeng-unnie was drunk, she actually kissed the girl and Nicky took a photo of them?" Yoona asked as Hyoyeon shook her head vigorously.

"That wasn't what really happened. That girl was the one who kissed Unnie and that was also on the cheek. Nicky had lied to Taeng-unnie by saying that he had a photo of them kissing each other passionately on the lips." Hyoyeon said.

"And that pabo midget believed him?" Sooyoung asked as Hyoyeon nodded her head. "Aigoo, that idiot. But from where did she knew that all of that was just a set-up by Nicky?"

"When Taeng-unnie went to Japan for her studies, she met the same Japanese girl there. It was through her that all the truth was revealed. The girl admitted that she was the one who kissed Unnie and that it was on her cheek. She even said that Unnie had told her about Fany-unnie during their conversation which was why she realised that Taeng-unnie already had a girlfriend." Hyoyeon explained.

"Why did Taengoo hid all these from us?" Yuri shook her head as she sighed.

"I think Taeng-unnie was already feeling lost and burdened at that moment. She kept thinking that she had cheated on Fany-unnie initially. She was feeling guilty all by herself and she didn't want to tell anyone because she was afraid of the consequences. Nicky had promised her that he'll keep it a secret only if she doesn't meddle with his friendship with Fany-unnie." Hyoyeon sighed. "Furthermore, when she found out the truth, it was too late. She didn't expect Fany-unnie to leave for the States before her return from Japan."

"Wait, wait. Before we continue all this, who is this Nicky anyway?" Yoona asked.

"He's one of our seniors in campus. One year older than us. He took the same course as Fany but they only started to get close during our 3rd year. From what Jessica and Sunny told me and Yul, Fany only treats him as a normal friend." Sooyoung explained as Yuri nodded her head.

"I think he already had the intention to break TaeNy apart ever since Fany decided to be friends with him. Taengoo didn't actually agree to them being close because she was suspicious of his attention-seeking character." Yuri added on.

"By the way, you mentioned about Taeng-unnie's insecurities? What is that all about?" Hyoyeon turned to look at Yuri and Sooyoung.

Yuri and Sooyoung then started to take turns to explain to Hyoyeon about what Jessica and Sunny had told them before.

"So Fany-unnie thinks that Taeng-unnie doesn't trust her?" Hyoyeon said as she shook her head. "It's not that she doesn't trust Fany-unnie. She's just afraid of losing her. Taeng-unnie said that the guys who are associated with Fany-unnie are usually good-looking."

"Actually, if I was Taengoo, I would feel threatened too. Especially when everyone else seems to comment that Fany looks good with them." Sooyoung replied.

Yuri saw that Yoona was about to ask something but she quickly anticipated her questions. "Yoong, you want to ask about the musical actor and model that we're talking about right?"

The moment Yoona nodded her head, Yuri started explaining to her until she fully understood the situation.

"I should have entered the same univeristy as Unnie. If I was there, maybe Taeng-unnie won't have felt so lonely." Hyoyeon pouted to which Sooyoung and Yuri looked at each other.

"Hyo, mianhae. We didn't realised that Taengoo had been lonely and going through some rough times during those years. We didn't take care of her like what we've promised you." Sooyoung bite her lips as the feeling of guilt filled her up.

"Does that mean Taeng-unnie had started to change even before she left for Japan?" Yoona asked as Hyoyeon, Sooyoung and Yuri turned to look at her before the 3 of them nodded their heads at the same time. "No wonder I found it weird when I saw Taeng-unnie was not as dorky as usual and was just smiling half-heartedly at everyone. Initially, I thought she was feeling sad for leaving everyone behind especially since Fany-unnie was not there."

"Fany-unnie wasn't even aware that Taeng-unnie was leaving for Japan. She wasn't informed." Hyoyeon explained as Yoona had a shocked expression. "It was something that I myself didn't agree with but by then, it was already too late. I only knew that Fany-unnie was not aware of Taeng-unnie leaving when she told me that night."

"I can't believe we actually allowed all these to drag on for so long. What kind of friends have we been, Soo?" Yuri said as she started to shook her head before tears trickled down her cheeks. "Thinking about the possibility of us being part of the reason for what happened to Taengoo, breaks my heart. If we didn't allowed her to feel lonely, she won't have been to the pub and all those fabrications won't have happened. They might have been able to reconcile back if we had shown a little concern about their break-up."

"Yul-unnie, don't think of it that way. Maybe things could have been better but it could have been worse. It's already all in the past now. There's no use for us to dwell on it since there's nothing we can change about the past." Hyoyeon said as she patted Yuri's back.

"Can't we do something to change all these?" Yoona asked. "I believe that both of them still love each other a lot. At least that's what I think, seeing how Taeng unnie doesn't seem to want Soo unnie or Yul unnie to matchmake her with other girls."

"But there's no way we can get Taeng-unnie to reveal her true feelings." Hyoyeon replied as she sighed.

"We're celebrating my birthday in a few days time. We're all going to have a party. And...." Sooyoung turned to smirk at Yuri who seemed to know what was in Sooyoung's mind.

"We're going to make Taengoo drunk." Yuri completed Sooyoung's sentence as they gave each other a high-five.