Take it slow

Goodbye, Hello

Tiffany's POV

"Yah.. Mwoya? Where's the other girl? You don't expect me to sing alone, right?"

From a distance, I could hear Taeyeon's panic voice and it brought a smile on my face.

"Yah, Lee Soonkyu.. It's a duet song.. A duet.."

I noticed Jessica moving aside as I stood beside her, watching Taeyeon's eyes widened by the seconds.

"You..you.. you are the singer? My du...duet.. par.. partner?" Taeyeon stammered at me as I just gave him a smile. "When.. How? Aissshhh... Did the 3 of you plan all this behind my back?"

Taeyeon pouted and folded her arms while the 3 of us just giggled at her.

"It's a surprise for you, Taeyeon. I was the one who asked for their help to plan all this." I explained as Taeyeon continued pouting like a spoilt kid.

We were about to continue talking when we were called up to standby to go on stage. That was when I realised that I'll be singing live in front of everyone for the first time in my life. Swallowing down my saliva, the nerves in me started to take over as I bite on my lips and frown a little. Suddenly, I felt a warm hand entwining with mine as I looked to my side and saw Taeyeon smiling at me.

"Nervous?" She asked as I just nodded my head. "Don't worry. You'll be fine. Because I'll be by your side."

The wink that Taeyeon gave me before pulling me softly towards the center of the stage, caused my cheeks to feel hot as I shyly followed her. Feeling her firm grip on my hand, I felt calmer even when I saw the large turnout in the ballroom. The applause was loud as I caught a glance of Sooyoung and Yuri holding their hands together and grinning cheekily as if teasing me and Taeyeon who were holding hands.

From then on, everything that happened on stage was a great memory to me.

Taeyeon's POV

"That was amazing." I smiled at Tiffany the moment we left the stage after our performance. "It was much better than the one I heard in the studio."

Tiffany rolled her eyes at me before breaking into a smile. "You were more amazing than me. Your high notes were so..."

She paused her words as I noticed her cheeks turning red so I decided to further. "Was my high notes turning you on?"

"Yah!! Byuntae!!" Tiffany smacked my shoulders as I started laughing like an ahjumma before Tiffany joined in the laughter.

We only stopped laughing when I heard my phone ringing. I saw Sooyoung's name appeared on my phone screen.

"Hello? Hello?" I couldn't really hear her voice since we were still at the backstage and there was another performance going on. Gesturing to Tiffany to follow me as I walked further away from the backstage, I pressed the speaker mode on. "Hello, Soo? Can you speak a little louder? I can't really hear what you said."

"I said.. Are you and Tiffany making out at the backstage? How come both of you are not back at the table yet?" Soo said over the phone as I turned to look at Tiffany who was blushing again.

"Yah!! How can you say such a thing? Tiffany is standing beside me right now and she heard everything." I nagged at Sooyoung, feeling embarassed at the same time.

"Ooopsss.. Sorry. How am I suppose to know? Anyway, come back to the table now. Everyone is waiting for the both of you." Sooyoung said before she ended the phone call.

************************

Tiffany's POV

"Bye, Taeyeon. Hope to see you around. Let's keep in touch, okay."

I rolled my eyes at the girl, who was waving her hands happily at Taeyeon. That's the fourth girl who said the same thing to the midget beside me, who was busy nodding her head to everything. The reunion had ended about 30mins ago and within that short period of time, a lot of girls had attempted to flirt with her. At the moment, me and Taeyeon were gathered at the hotel lobby along with YulSic and SooSun.

"Hey, Tiff. Are you okay?" Jessica asked while nudging my shoulders. "You seem a little pissed off."

"I'm fine, Jessi." I answered shortly as I folded my arms but I heard a giggle from my left side.

"Someone's jealous." Taeyeon grinned dorkily while I pouted.

"I'm not." I replied to her remarks.

"And I'm tall." Taeyeon giggled again and ran away from me when she saw that I was about to hit her. "Soo, Yul. Let's go and take our cars. Ppany-ah, you're staying over at my place, right?"

"No. I'm staying at the hotel." I meronged at her as she pouted before breaking into a grin.

"Wait for us, girls. We'll be back soon." Taeyeon replied as she skipped away like a small kid, running after Sooyoung and Yuri who had walked towards the carpark, without her.

"Taeyeon seems lively whenever you're around." Jessica pointed at me as I shrugged my shoulders and made my way to sit at the couch.

"Seems like both of you are getting back to being comfortable with each other." Sunny took a seat beside me. "Soo told me that Taeyeon had confessed her feelings to you."

I nodded my head as Jessica joined us at the couch, making me sandwiched between them.

"So, what's your answer to her?" Jessica asked as both girls looked at me with curious eyes.

"I've not given her any answer yet actually." I replied as both girls continued to give me their attention. "But.... my feelings for her had always been the same so I was thinking that maybe me and her could try to take things slow first."

I smiled when I saw the changes in the way Jessica's and Sunny's eyes literally lit up after I finished my sentence. I was engulfed into a hug soon after before the 3 of us started to giggle.

"By the way, how come Taeyeon knew that you're not flying back tonight? I thought only me and Sunny knew about it and you were suppose to sleepover at my place." Jessica glared at me as I gave her my totoro smile.

"While we were eating in the ballroom earlier. Taeyeon asked me what time was my flight and I absentmindedly replied her that it's at 2pm tomorrow." I chuckled at my own clumsiness."I was too engrossed with the delicious food that I didn't realised what I had answered her until she told me to sleepover at her place."

"PigFany. Always losing focus when there's food in front of her." Sunny said as I pouted at her.

"Maybe she's just doing it on purpose so that she can sleepover at Taeyeon's place." Jessica teased me as I smacked her shoulders lightly.

"Yaaahhhh!!!" I tried to cover my blushing cheeks as Jessica and Sunny continued to tease me until we heard the sound of car horns.

Taeyeon's POV

"Soo!! Yul!! Wait for me." I had to run a little to catch up with them. "Aish, these short legs. Why are both my bestfriends blessed with long legs?"

I grumbled to myself as I saw Sooyoung and Yuri stopping in front of their cars. They folded their arms and waited for me.

"Seems like someone is in a good mood. A very very good mood." Sooyoung smirked at me as she nudged Yuri by the shoulder.

"Luckily, Taengoo offered her place to Fany for the night. I was so stressed since I thought that I won't be able to have my private time tonight with my Sicababy after she told me about their plan earlier. Friday night is suppose to be our 'y time' together." Yuri smiled cheekily as I frowned while Sooyoung shook her head.

"ert KkabYul. But then, I almost thought their plan would backfire when Sunny told me about it since I thought Taengoo would never agree to perform on a last minute notice." Sooyoung commented as the 3 of us dispersed to walk towards our own cars but I suddenly realised something.

"Wait a minute." I turned around to face Sooyoung and Yuri who already had their hands on their car doors. "You mean both of you knew about Fany attending the reunion and also about the surprise plan?"

My eyes widened when I saw the cheeky grin on both of their faces. Squinting my eyes and clenching my teeth, I placed both of my hands on my waist and glared at them. "Yah!! I thought you said that there should be no more secret between us."

The two of them laughed at me as both of them entered their cars and locked the doors. When I saw them turning on their engines, I sighed and pouted. Walking to my car, I saw Sooyoung winding down her window.

"Hey, Taengoo. Enjoy the night later." She smirked at me and drove off as I showed her my fist.

Just when I was about to open my car door, it was Yuri's turn to drove by and stop in front of my car .

"Taengoo... Don't forget to use protection." She meronged at me before driving off while laughing her heads off.

"Yah!!!!" I shouted at no one in particular.

************************

"Why are you still pouting? Are you angry at me?" Tiffany asked as Taeyeon shook her head.

"I'm not angry at you. I'm just a little upset. I had planned something for you if you had attended the reunion but since you told me that you weren't sure about your attendance, I didn't prepare it at all." Taeyeon sighed. "I can't believe that the two giants are also involve in this. If it was only Jessica and Sunny, I can still accept it but that Kkab and Shikshin.... Aigoo."

Tiffany giggled when she saw Taeyeon pouting and sighing again. Both of them were inside Taeyeon's car and were on their way back to her apartment. Tiffany found Taeyeon's reactions very cute and her hands instantly went up to pull Taeyeon's cheeks lightly.

"Stop pouting. Unless you want me to kiss you." Tiffany said with a poker face as Taeyeon kept blinking her eyes.

"Ki.. Kis...Kiss?" Taeyeon stammered while turning to look at Tiffany who was giggling..

"Eyes on the road, Kim Taeyeon." Tiffany pointed to the front.

It took them another 20 minutes before they arrived at their destination. Throughout the time, Taeyeon kept smiling to herself with her eyes focused on the road and no one said anything until Taeyeon closed her apartment door behind her.

"Let's talk." Tiffany said as she walked towards the couch while Taeyeon went to her fridge.

"Any drinks for you?" Taeyeon asked as Tiffany replied her that she's fine with anything.

Sitting beside Tiffany, Taeyeon placed two glass of iced water on the round table and turned her body sideways so that she could face Tiffany who was smiling at her.

"Daddy sent his regards to his future daughter-in-law." Tiffany said as Taeyeon looked at her with a blank face before Tiffany pointed towards her.

"Me?" Taeyeon was really confused at the moment. "Wait. Did you say, future daughter-in-law?"

Tiffany nodded her head but when she saw that Taeyeon was about to talk again, she stopped the girl immediately. "I need you to listen to me first. Let me say whatever I want to say and then you can start asking me questions or whatever that's on your mind."

Seeing that Taeyeon had nodded her head, Tiffany took a deep breathe before she looked straight into Taeyeon's eyes. "I know that things are still a little awkward between us. I know how you feel about me through your confession and that you're willing to wait for me. We've been apart for almost 4yrs now but honestly, I think that we've always been on each other's mind all these times. After I found out the truth about everything from my previous visit here, I think that the time apart between us is something that is not to be regretted. I'm actually thankful for the separation, not because I'm happy that we've broken up. I'm thankful because it made me realise the strength of our love. No matter how many guys or girls that have tried to get close to me for the past 4yrs, my heart didn't open up for any of them. But the moment I saw you again at the airport, I felt that I was falling for you all over again."

Taeyeon smiled a little when she saw Tiffany pausing from her long speech. Taking Tiffany's hand that was on her lap, Taeyeon held it in her own hands and urged Tiffany to continue.

"You've taken a huge step out of your own comfort zone, when you expressed yourself truthfully to me. Knowing your character, I'm happy that you're trying your best to change yourself for the sake of our relationship. Deep down inside of me, I know that I can't find anyone who knows me as well as you do. I'm still scared to move forward because you're just too precious to me. Losing you once was already a heartbreaking moment for me but I think I shouldn't let that fear stop me from finding my own happiness. So can we.. hhmmm... shall we..."

Taeyeon noticed the nervousness in Tiffany's voice as she looked down and avoided Taeyeon's eyes. Lifting up her chin so that the girl in front of her would look at her in the eyes, Taeyeon smiled and rubbed Tiffany's hands softly.

"Let's take things slow from now on. You're precious to me too and I'm not willing to lose you again. But I won't rush you to accept me straight back into your life. I've only got one question for you though." Taeyeon said as Tiffany gave her full attention. "Are you willing to let me steal your heart again?"

************************

Taetae: Ppany-ah, have you had your dinner yet? How's work today?

Tiffany smiled when she saw the message that she had received while showering earlier. Rubbing her hair to dry it, Tiffany typed a reply to Taeyeon.

Ppany: I just finish showering, Taetae. I might grab some fruits for dinner later. Nothing much to eat at home. Missing your kimchi fried rice. By the way, work was a little hectic today. A new project coming up.

Tiffany put her phone aside as she walked to her bathroom to hang her towel before making her way to the dressing table.

Taetae: Just fruits? Why are you missing my kimchi fried rice and not me? :( I would have cooked for you if I was there. Hehehe... By the way, let me guess. New project with Nicky's company?

Tiffany sighed when she read the message. Part of her didn't want to be involve in the new project especially after she found out what Nicky had done to Taeyeon behind her back but it's her job. She was afraid that Taeyeon might be upset about it and was just staring at the phone, not knowing what to reply her when another message was sent in.

Taetae: Don't worry about me here. I understand that it's your job. But remember to take care of yourself. Knowing you, I'm worried that you'll be so engross in your new project that you'll start skipping meals and even sleep.

pls: Even though I'm trying to act cool here, I'm still a little upset and a little jealous of him. :(

Tiffany chuckled when she saw the side note from Taeyeon. It felt much better when Taeyeon was more honest about her feelings.

Ppany: Why should you be jealous of someone like him? Even if I didn't found out the truth, he can never stand a chance. He's just not my type.

It was Taeyeon's turn to smirk when she saw the latest reply from Tiffany. Leaning against the wall, she quickly typed a reply. Ever since both of them had decided to take things slow, they had been messaging and skyping with each other for the past one month since the reunion.

Taetae: Not your type? Then what is your type? :P

Ppany: I've only liked one type so far. Kim Taeyeon type. :)

Taetae: Ouuhhh.. That's so sweet, Ppany-ah. It makes me miss you so much. Should I fly to Japan to spend time with you?

Ppany: As if you would, Taetae. You're always busy with your projects. The last time we skyped was a week ago since you kept saying that you were feeling tired and lacking of sleep. :(

Tiffany bite her lips after sending her last message. She suddenly felt guilty for accusing Taeyeon of having no time for her. But she was just expressing her true feelings. For the past one month, they would usually skyped almost everyday but lately they've not done so and it made Tiffany missed the dorky girl.

Taetae: Seems like someone is angry at me. Do you miss me so much? Or are you missing my kimchi fried rice only? hehehe..

Ppany: I miss you more than your fried rice, pabo-yah. I wish you were here so that I can bring you around Tokyo since I'm not working from Thursday to Sunday.

Taetae: I remembered that you told me about your company giving you, Bora and Nicole a two days off due to the successful collaboration with Jung Enterprise. But Bora and Nicole already had their own plans so you're left all alone at the moment. 

Ppany: That's right. Even though I'm used to being alone, but... :(

Taetae: If you miss me as much as I miss you, you should stand outside your balcony and who knows... Maybe you can see me from a distance.

Ppany: Mwoya? What kind of logic is that?

Even though Tiffany felt that Taeyeon's suggestion was ridiculous, her body subconsciously brought her to the balcony while her hands was typing the message. Her eyes widened when she saw the grinning girl downstairs, waving her hands excitedly.

"Ppany-ah!!! It's called love logic."

Taeyeon shouted before she started laughing like an ahjumma. She was shocked when she saw Tiffany disappearing back into her apartment as she stopped laughing.

"Omo.. Where did she go? She's not planning to throw a bucket of water on me, right? Don't tell me she's unhappy with my surprise plan?"

Taeyeon was talking to herself and was busy looking up at Tiffany's balcony that she didn't realised that Tiffany was already standing beside her.

"Yah!!"

Taeyeon placed her hand over her heart due to the shock as Tiffany punched her shoulders lightly.

"Yah, Kim Taeyeon. What are you doing here?" Tiffany asked as she folded her arms and pouted at Taeyeon who was already grinning cheekily.

"To cook kimchi fried rice for you, since you MISSSSS it a lot." Taeyeon answered teasingly as she emphasize on the word 'miss'.

"Okay. After cooking it, you can go back to Seoul." Tiffany started to walk away as Taeyeon blinked her eyes repeatedly, looking like a lost kid.

"Ppany-ah..."