Your true self

Goodbye, Hello

"That's your car?" Nicole asked with widened eyes as she walked around the car to admire it.

"Oh my god. That is so cool. Imagine you behind those wheels. That is going to be one hell of a y image." Bora bite her lips and smirked at Taeyeon.

Her actions didn't go unnoticed by Tiffany who rolled her eyes and grabbed the keys from Taeyeon's hand. She's had enough of both girls drooling over Taeyeon ever since her ex girlfriend arrived at the cafe.

"Kim Taeyeon. In the car. Now." Tiffany said with a stern voice as she pointed to the passenger side before turning to face Hyoyeon. "Hyo, lead the way. I'll just follow you closely from behind."

Taeyeon quickly walked to the passenger side and buckled herself up as she watched Tiffany talking to her sister for a while before she opened the driver's door and sat in. Taeyeon stiffened for a while as the atmosphere got a little awkward. From the corner of her eyes, she watched Tiffany staring blankly at the steering wheel.

Taeyeon's POV

"Are... you okay?" I asked nervously as I rolled down my window when I heard Bora knocking on it.

"I'm fi...." Tiffany wanted to answer but her words were cut off with Bora's voice coming from beside me.

"Taeyeon-unnie, promise me that you'll take me in a ride in this y baby of yours, okay." Bora winked before she climbed into the back seat of Hyoyeon's car since Nicole was already seated at the passenger seat.

"But I..." I wasn't able to finish my sentence when Bora closed the car door without even listening to what I had wanted to say.

"But you what?"

I turned to my left and saw Tiffany glaring at me.

"I've never allowed anyone to ride in my car before." My reply seemed to have surprised her as she looked as if she didn't believed me.

"So I'm the first person to ride this car with you?"

I nodded my head as I noticed a little smile appearing on her face before both of us were surprised by the sound of Hyoyeon's horn. My little sister was smirking at us, showing a thumbs up before she drove off.

"That little choding. Coming up with this kind of suggestion." I mumbled to myself without realising that Tiffany had overheard it.

"Would you prefer Bora to drive you instead? Or maybe Nicole? Because you seem unhappy with Hyo's arrangement." Tiffany asked as I quickly shook my head while she proceeded to start the engine.

"By any chance, are you jealous?" I pulled up my courage to ask her ever since I had that tingling feeling in me.

"Mwo? Why should I be jealous of them? It doesn't matter to me if you want to flirt with Bora or Nicole or even both of them." Tiffany started to rattle on as I smiled at her.

"Because you shifted the gear into reverse mode." I pointed it out to her as Tiffany quickly corrected her actions. "Furthermore, I didn't mention Bora or Nicole earlier. I was actually asking if you're jealous of my car."

Tiffany realised her mistake as I saw her blushing before she quickly concentrated in following Hyoyeon's car. Her actions made me want to laugh but I controlled it in.

"By the way, thank you for agreeing to drive me to the restaurant." I said sincerely as the car exited from the carpark. "I was doubtful initially when Hyo suggested it, seeing how you were trying to distance yourself from me. I thought you would reject her suggestion."

"I... I.... I was not distancing myself from you. It's not my fault that you have two girls clinging on you the whole day." Tiffany tried to defend herself as I chuckled at her reply. "Anyway, are you really okay? I mean, Hyo said that you were feeling unwell earlier."

"I'm fine. Just a little discomfort on my left abdomen due to some bruises. It must have been from the safety bar during the viking ride." I replied.

"Bruises? Is it very bad? You looked really pale earlier after the viking ride." Tiffany had a worried tone when she asked me as I shook my head. "I don't really believe you. Let me see the bruise first."

By then, the car had pulled to a stop due to the change in traffic lights. I stiffened at her request and glanced at her who was staring at me intently.

"Ppany-ah, there's something that I need to tell you before I can show you the bruise."

Tiffany's POV

I almost choked when I heard her calling my name like how she used to. The way she bite her lips after saying it and looking all guilty, made me became more curious.

"What is it, Taeta... Taeyeon?" I scolded myself mentally after I almost called her by her nickname.

"I found out that you had extended your stay after your graduation. Mianhae. I'm sorry for not coming back as I had promised to Soo and Yul." Taeyeon said as she suddenly pointed to the front. "I think we need to start moving though, before the cars at the back starts to horn at us."

I looked to the front and saw that the lights had turned green. Following Hyoyeon's car, a lot of things went through my mind. I was expecting Taeyeon to continue talking but she had turned her face and was looking out of the window. I was about to ask her again when she turned towards me.

"Shall we skip dinner and go somewhere else instead? Just the two of us." Taeyeon asked.

I saw the nervousness in her eyes as she bite her lips again. I knew she was not feeling confident when she asked me that question. Even though I was feeling a little hungry, the hunger to listen to what Taeyeon had to say was much more than that.

"That's... not a bad idea actually." I replied as I saw Taeyeon smiling.

"Then can you pull over at the side so that I can drop Hyo a message?" Taeyeon asked as I listened to what she had told me to do.

************************

"Will this be enough for you?" Taeyeon asked as she helped to unwrapped the kimbap for Tiffany who nodded her head.

"You do realise that I'm more interested to hear about other things than these, right?" Tiffany replied as she showed the kimbap to the smiling Taeyeon.

After stopping the car at the side road an hour ago, Taeyeon had requested to swap places with Tiffany. Initially, Tiffany had declined her request but after Taeyeon assured her that she was stable enough to drive, Tiffany finally gave in. Taeyeon then drove them to a nearby convenient store and bought some snacks and drinks since she knew that Tiffany was actually feeling a little hungry.

"The reason as to why I didn't returned as I had promised, was due to the fact that I was involved in an accident on the day that I was supposed to fly back to Seoul. Two days before your graduation." Taeyeon said as Tiffany, who was about to bite on the kimbap, paused her actions abruptly with her eyes widened. "Ooppps... I'm sorry. Please have a bite first. I know you're hungry."

"Accident?" Tiffany ignored Taeyeon's words as she wrapped back the kimbap. "Do you really expect me to continue eating after hearing that?"

Taeyeon pouted and scratched her head as Tiffany arched her eyebrow at her. "I'm sorry. I... I..."

"How bad was it? And what has that got to do with showing me the bruise?" Tiffany frowned as Taeyeon gripped the steering wheel.

"I had to go through a surgery because of the accident. One of my ribs ruptured my spleen but luckily the damage was not severe. The reason as to why I didn't show you the bruise was because I didn't want to you to be taken aback when you see my scar." Taeyeon explained as Tiffany just continued to stare at her.

Taeyeon then slowly lifted up her t-shirt as her scar came into view with the bruise just slightly above it.

"OH MY..." Tiffany couldn't finished her sentence as she covered . Her eyes became teary as she continued to stare at the long scar on Taeyeon's body. She reached out her hands and slowly touched it as tears flowed down her cheeks.

"Ppany-ah." Taeyeon's voice cracked when she saw Tiffany crying.

"Why.. didn't... you inform me about... this? This accident.. this injury." Tiffany's mind was distorted as she shook her head but her hands remained on the scar as she rubbed it softly.

Taeyeon placed her left hand over Tiffany's hand while her right hand held the girl's chin as she lifted up Tiffany's head slowly so that their eyes would meet. "I didn't want you to worry. I'm fine so please stop crying."

They stared at each other for about 10seconds before Tiffany looked away.

"You're always fine, Kim Taeyeon. Everything that happened is always fine with you. You are always hiding things from me." Tiffany's voice was stern and firm. "Until when are you going to keep lying to me? Until when are you going to hide your true feelings?"

"Ppany-ah, I didn't...." Taeyeon was taken aback with Tiffany's words but she didn't manage to finish her sentence when Tiffany held up her hand to her face.

"Can you please just send me back to the hotel right now?" Tiffany requested as she turned away to face the window.

Taeyeon tried to say something but before she can do so, she saw Tiffany shaking her head without even facing her. Taeyeon sighed as she had no choice but to oblige to Tiffany's request.

************************

"So you sent her back to the hotel and just wait for me here since then?" Hyoyeon asked as Taeyeon nodded her head.

Hyoyeon had expected good news when Taeyeon messaged her earlier that both her and Tiffany would not be joining them for dinner. Hyoyeon was confident that her two unnies would be able to reconcile soon but she was surprised when she saw Taeyeon's car parked at the side of the hotel's lobby, where she had dropped Bora and Nicole off 10mins ago.

Bora and Nicole also saw Taeyeon's car and had wanted to walk up to her but Hyoyeon felt something was not right since she saw that Taeyeon was alone inside the car so she requested for the two girls to return to their room first. Taeyeon had her head rested on the steering wheel when Hyoyeon knocked on the window. So at the moment, the two siblings were in Taeyeon's car as Taeyeon retold what happened to her sister.

"I don't get it. At first she looked so sad and was even crying. She even touched my scar. But then suddenly she asked me to send her back to the hotel." Taeyeon frowned as she tried to understand Tiffany's actions earlier. "Where did it all go  wrong? What did I do? Did I say something?"

"Pretending to be strong when you are actually not." Hyoyeon replied as Taeyeon frowned. "You know she's right, Unnie. You always say that you're fine when you're actually not. You don't say out your true feelings. That's why she said that you've been lying to her."

"I... I just didn't want her to be worried." Taeyeon tried to defend herself.

"But she wants to worry about you." Hyoyeon's reply brought another frown on Taeyeon's face as her sister told her what happened in the Ladies earlier. "Do you think she won't feel worried if you keep things from her? Put yourself in her shoes, Unnie. What if Fany-unnie keeps telling you that she's fine when you knew that she was not? She knew that you're hiding things from her. Sometimes I think, Fany-unnie knows you better than your ownself."

"True feelings?" Taeyeon slammed herself against her seat and looked up. "I screwed up again, didn't I?"

Meanwhile in the hotel room, Bora and Nicole were surprised to see Tiffany crying on the bed while hugging her knees. In between the sobbings and the sniffings, Bora and Nicole found out about what had happened between TaeNy during their time together and also about what had happened in the car earlier.

"So you don't even know the real reason for the break-up until now but you suspect that it has something to do with Nicky." Bora asked as Tiffany nodded her head. "Why didn't you ask her earlier?."

"I didn't get the chance to do so. I got so angry when she said that she was fine until I forgot to find out more." Tiffany answered with a pout.

"Maybe she doesn't want you to be worried about her which was why she said that she was fine." Nicole suggested.

"Do you think I won't be worried if she continues to keep things to herself? I knew her so well that even a slight movement of her eyes can make me feel uneasy." Tiffany explained. "Seeing that scar, I imagined her being in the hospital, all alone with no companion. Going through all those pain alone. Knowing how weak she is, she must have been enduring a lot and crying to herself. Do you think I'll feel good about that? Aarrghhh... And when she said that she's fine, I really feel like slapping her. Just so that she'll stop saying that."

Bora and Nicole looked at each other as it was the first time that they've seen Tiffany looking so flustered.

"I don't need her to always decide what is best for me. I don't need her to be strong in front of me. I want her to be vulnerable when she needs to. To show me that she needs my comfort. My presence." Tiffany said with a lot of pent-up frustration. "We're suppose to give and take in a relationship but why am I always the one receiving and she's the one giving?"

"If Taeyeon-unnie had shown you her weaker side, what would you have done? Will you be able to be strong for her?" Nicole's words, caused Tiffany to look at her. "Being strong and giving comfort is not something that can be done easily. I agree to what you say about the give and take but what Taeyeon-unnie did was not totally wrong."

"I know. I didn't say that she was wrong. Most of her decision that she made for me was always for my own good. I just don't want her to hide things from me. To talk things out and decide together." Tiffany started to cry again. "I thought I was fine without her in my life but ever since I saw her again at the airport, my heart... It just beats naturally for her. I've to admit that I was jealous when the both of you spent the whole day with her at Lotte World. I wished I could be near to her too."

Bora and Nicole sat nearer to the crying girl, hugging and patting her back until she fall asleep. When Bora realised that Tiffany had fallen asleep, she excused herself and went to the bathroom with her phone.

"Hey Hyo. Are you and Taeyeon-unnie still around the hotel area?" Bora whispered through the phone before nodding her head. "Okay. Can we meet up for a while? It's concerning Tiffany.... Sure. I'll come down now."

After exiting from the bathroom, Bora went up to Nicole who was sitting at the couch.

"Hey, Nicole. I'm going down to the hotel lobby to meet up with Hyo and Taeyeon-unnie. I've managed to record the conversation that we had earlier with Tiff. I think Taeyeon-unnie needs to hear what Tiff had said." Bora whispered softly, afraid that Tiffany might hear even though the girl was already sound asleep.

"Since when did you become so clever?" Nicole said with a poker face as Bora meronged at her. "Go then. I'll take care of Tiff here but don't take too long. And try to knock some sense into your Taeyeon-oppa."

Bora chuckled as she made her way to the lobby where Taeyeon and Hyoyeon were waiting for her.

"Hi." Bora greeted the Kim siblings who greeted her back anxiously.

"You said it's concerning Fany-unnie. Is everything okay?" Hyoyeon asked before Taeyeon could open .

"It's okay now but it wasn't that good when we first entered the room." Bora said as she gave Taeyeon a hard stare. "Luckily, I had the gut feeling to start recording everything when I saw her crying on the bed. This is the first time that me and Nicole had seen Tiffany so flustered."

"She cried?" Taeyeon panicked as her eyes kept blinking at Bora. "Is she okay?"

"If you're so worried, why did you have to make her cry in the first place? Are you the only one allowed to feel worried about her when you hide everything from her? Is she not allowed to worry about you too?" Bora started to nag at Taeyeon who had her head down all the time. "I'm sorry, Taeyeon-unnie. I don't mean to be rude and scold you like this. But seeing how upset Tiffany was earlier, I realised how much you must have meant to her."

"It's okay, Bora. I deserve all these. Hyo had just finished nagging at me too." Taeyeon tried to smile as Hyoyeon wrapped her arms around her sister. "By the way, can we listen to the recording now?"

Bora started playing the voice recorder from her phone. She had recorded the conversation with Tiffany earlier as the facial expression on Taeyeon's face started to change. By the time Bora stopped the recording when it came to an end, Taeyeon was already leaning against her car with her head down.

"I can't screw up anymore." Taeyeon took a deep breathe before she looked up to face Hyoyeon and Bora. "Thank you so much,Bora. I'll make sure your effort will not go to waste. I promise you that."

"You look like you're quite determine, Unnie. Do you have something up your sleeve?" Hyoyeon asked as she saw the glint of determination in Taeyeon's eyes.

"Actually, I do. But I need both of your help in this." Taeyeon said as Hyoyeon smirked at her while nodding her head.

"I'll be glad to help too." Bora replied as Taeyeon smiled sincerely at her.